Search results for query: *

1. rough dweller

Does Club Champion have stock shafts?

I have been through several fittings at Club Champion and every single one resulted in custom shafts. All of driver builds were north of $1,000! I learned the hard way that even when you purchase a new club through CC, it is only the club head. I had thought that if you bought the "off the...
  2. rough dweller

Club Champion Special - The Small Print?

I clicked on the Club Champion website and saw their latest special. They are offering a FULL bag fitting for $100. Its normally $400! That sounded pretty good until I clicked on the terms. It says... "$100 or any other fitting type for $50 with an applicable equipment purchase". Does...
  3. rough dweller

How do you keep track of your score during the round

My wife just picked up the game and is struggling to keep track of her score. As a new golfer, she can sometimes get a 8 or 10 on a hole. I know sometimes I even have to think back when I'm having a bad day of what my score is. She plays in a ladies group that requires an accurate accounting...
  4. rough dweller

When will the 2022 models start discounting?

I was fitted for a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver in 2022 - however I couldn't afford the $500+ price. So I was wondering, with the new PARADYM's coming out for the 2023 season, when will the Rogue's start being discounted? Do most manufacturers follow the same timelines as well? I don't...
  5. rough dweller

Where do you buy club components?

After a few years buying retail, I want to get back into building my own clubs. I used to buy shafts, club heads, ferrels, epoxy, from Golfworks. I'm curious where people purchase their club components. I looked on eBay, but I'm not sure how much I can trust the quality of components. Thanks...
  6. rough dweller

What type of tees for your Simulator do you use?

I'm new in the golf simulator world having just purchased the Bushnell Launch Pro. Curious as to what type of tees are people using to hit their woods with. My mat does not hold regular tees that you use out on the course. I wasn't sure if the camera based units have a problem with any...
  7. rough dweller

Any Jacksonville THP members near Timuquana

I'm planning on going to the Constellation Jim Furyk Champions tour event up in Jacksonville the week of October 4th. Grounds tickets are only $25 - a complete bargain compared to some of the regular tour events. Parking is off-site and then you have to take a shuttle bus to the course. Does...
  8. rough dweller

Recommendations for golf courses in Asheville, NC

Could use the power of THP here. Going to be spending a few days in Asheville, NC in a few weeks. Can you let me know what kind of golf is available in Asheville, or within a 15 - 30 minute drive? I did a search here on THP and the last decent review was back in 2014. Thanks for your info!
  9. rough dweller

Anyone headed to Torrey for the US Open?

We are headed out to Cali for the US Open at Torrey Pines. I originally had tickets for a Wednesday practice round, but the USGA cancelled ALL tickets back in April. They stated that there were too many tickets issued based on California's COVID capacity requirements. Tickets were only...
  10. rough dweller

Ever used an app to track local tournament scores?

I play in a Friday group each that has about 40 players. About once a month, we run a little tournament and the winning 4 some gets a silly little trophy, but more importantly, bragging rights for a few weeks. We all have to wait around until the last group gets in to see the team scores. I...
  11. rough dweller

Where do you purchase grips from?

I've been buying grips for the past several years from the Golfworks. I do my own installation. This is the first time that I have ever went to order them and low and behold they are on back order. Customer Service said that they don't know exactly when their bulk order will be received...
  12. rough dweller

Recommendations for independent club fitter in Cincinnati

Looking for help to find a local club fitter in the Cincinnati area. A friend who lives in Cincinnati has never been fit for golf clubs. His bag is full of yard sale and hand me down clubs. So I'm hoping to find an independent club fitter who can help him find and build equipment that fits...
  13. rough dweller

Have you ever tried Titliest Performance Institute?

As I get older, I make sure I'm fitted for clubs, practice and play, still finding that I'm losing strength and mobility as the years pass on. I saw a few videos about the Titliest Performance Institute. They have several levels of certification, primarily designed for coaches. Its a pretty...
  14. rough dweller

What golf shoes do you wear in the summer heat?

Its getting really, really hot and humid here in central florida. Played yesterday and my feet felt like they were on fire. So I'm wondering, what shoes to you wear in the heat? I recall that there are some running shoes that you don't need socks for - which would be ideal. And I'm thinking...
  15. rough dweller

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

Does anyone know if there are official reviews of the Maltby woods (KE4, stw2) out there? I looked at all of the major golf magazines, mygolfspy, etc and it doesn't seem that these clubs ever make their review list, let alone their top equipment list. The components come at an excellent price...
  16. rough dweller

Is anyone tempted by the PXG price drop?

I've looked at PXG clubs for awhile, but their price point has always been WAY beyond my means. Well, it seems they might be changing their tune a bit now as their Gen2 0811 driver dropped from $595 to $295. I've scoured the earth in search of driver reviews and for the most part, they have...
  17. rough dweller

It's time for a new stand bag

My current Callaway stand bag has seen better days. The legs don't really hold up that well, so my bag tends to fall down a lot. Its probably 6 years old, so no complaints. I like the Titliest Players 4, but its a bit steep at $225. I was looking at Accra shafts and see that they have their...
  18. rough dweller

Who is attending The Players this week?

Starting a thread on attending The Players in Florida this week. Are there any must see shot (besides the iconic 17th) locations?
  19. rough dweller

Home Hitting Mat with Net for Practice

New guy here on THP. I've been thinking about setting up a temporary hitting station on my back patio. My ceilings are 10ft height and plenty of width and length on the covered patio. I've seen lots of videos on hitting mats and nets. Some are really expensive! I'm thinking about a 5'x5'...
Back