Search results for query: *

1. Jeff58

Most forgiving 3 wood for a mid-high handicap

It’s the shaft. The head is close to inconsequential.
  2. Jeff58

Driver thoughts

What loft is your driver? What shaft model / weight / flex?
  3. Jeff58

TM M5 shaft help

The ‘actual’ 665 Speeder was a mid-bend, mid-launch, fairly easy to load shaft. The OEM version in your GBB is not the same. It’s a slightly watered down version that plays more towards what most would consider a firm flex. The HZDRUS Black will be a revelation, no doubt. It’s going to be...
  4. Jeff58

Student of Golf from Malaysia

Welcome! I wish you the best with your book and studies. Because if there were a club head on the end of the pole instead of a person, the head would be out of position to hit the ball. That was a test, right? 👍👍
  5. Jeff58

2020 Chrome Soft vs V1 vs TP5

I hesitate to answer this, but will anyway, on the grounds that threads here float away so quickly that no one will actually read this. If you‘ve found something in your game that works for you, you’re better off both physically and mentally staying with it and removing it as a variable. If...
  6. Jeff58

2020 Chrome Soft vs V1 vs TP5

@HackerFish , the original post was using the 2020 Chromesoft. Short answer- at 105 mph driver SS, I think there are a significant number of better choices than the CS. Either of the TP5’s would by excellent choices. There’s no way I’d select the CS over either of the TP5’s at your SS. The CS...
  7. Jeff58

Theoretical question: $20000

Just my overall impression of the market FWIW. The challenge of stock trading generally is that it requires you to predict the future, and to do so more accurately than other traders, which is often difficult. The current conditions make predictions far easier. As well, a significant portion...
  8. Jeff58

To Bridgestone Golf

Optimally, others would see you trying out different Bridgestone golf ball, and become interested as well. Although ball sharing may be currently unfashionable, dispersing test balls through trusted players at effectively zero additional cost would seem a fiscally responsible approach.
  9. Jeff58

To Bridgestone Golf

In my experience, v-fit is based on a driver swing. Other than my putter, it’s the only club that produces (intentionally, for me anyway) a positive attack angle. It has no basis for feel, which again for me is a decisive factor. Some people don’t seem to mind, or even prefer a clicky/hard...
  10. Jeff58

To Bridgestone Golf

Please produce a dozen balls consisting of one sleeve each of the four ’B-series’ models. Thank you.
  11. Jeff58

Theoretical question: $20000

@Vader is correct IMO. XOM and Chevron have both depressed stock pricing and historically high dividend levels that they are committed to maintaining.
  12. Jeff58

Titleist avx. Thoughts

Similar flight characteristics to the Velocity. The lower compression and urethane cover make it less predictable in the wind and increase side spin response while providing little additional short game response. And it costs almost twice as much.
  13. Jeff58

Die It In The Hole vs Putt Past

The effect of slope (or break) increases as speed decreases. You then have to additionally account for the rate of speed decay vs. slope, which is difficult. Also, the physical placement of a cup tends to create a raised area surrounding the hole itself, which acts as a deflection screen to very...
  14. Jeff58

Need to change type of ball, suggestions.....

Nice putting green 👍👍
  15. Jeff58

Sorry, don’t mean to belabor the point, but what you need is additional spin, and the balls you’re looking at have less. If you go to the MGeeS ball test, then the launch and spin graph, the optimal spin solutions for moderate swing speeds (which I assume you are) are mid compression tour-level...
  16. Jeff58

It’s not the ball, it’s your clubs. They have bizarrely low spin across the entire set, and no ball is going to begin to compensate for it. When you watch the Rick S. video, those are his comments as well, but what he doesn’t point out is that the spin rates and descent angles he’s achieving are...
  17. Jeff58

What happens to R&D for 2021 and beyond

Very few products involve R&D in the classic sense. An example of one that did was the Odyssey Stroke Lab line. The current new product cycle involves human action only in the basic design layout, or appearance. Optimization of physical attributes to achieve product goals, the selection of...
  18. Jeff58

Has the world gone mad?!

The true insanity has not yet begun.
  19. Jeff58

V1 vs TP5 vs Q-Star Tour 2

Thanks! Which Bridgestone model are you using? I must admit that I find the lineup and naming convention somewhat murky.
  20. Jeff58

V1 vs TP5 vs Q-Star Tour 2

Yesterday I played 36 holes, randomly playing the three balls shown above. Conditions were cool, 50 degrees f at the start, around 60f at the end. Winds were moderate, 10mph gusting to 15. My driver (M6/Evenflow Blue) SS is 100. Irons are P790. Wedges were illegal Cleveland CG14’s. I had two...
Back