Search results for query: *

1. Jaoffo

Played 9 at Marco Simone

Just returned Thursday from a wonderful visit to Switzerland and Italy with my wife, her sister and BIL. We started by visiting the girls cousins that live in Switzerland. We then spent ten days in Tuscany and our final five days in Rome. Which brings me to one of the best golf experiences of my...
  2. Jaoffo

Coeur D'Alene

I did, two years ago yesterday 😀
  3. Jaoffo

Brilliant or dumb idea? Bag tag used as a coaster

I keep that particular one on my bag. It's a great icebreaker on the first tee when people notice it and ask about it.
  4. Jaoffo

Have you birdied every hole at your course?

I've been playing the same 27 hole course since 1999, and yes I have birdied every hole...I've also pared, bogied and double bogied every hole as well.
  5. Jaoffo

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Any old farts in the Arlington Heights area have time to hit a few balls next week? I’ll be in town from the 23rd to the 30th. granddaughters 1st birthday on Saturday the 24th. But free after.
  6. Jaoffo

Justice for Reacher!

Casting that little weasel as Reacher was worse than casting me to play the lead in a "Tiger Woods" documentary.
  7. Jaoffo

The Pets Thread

These two left deep impressions on an old hard heart. He loved his little sister.
  8. Jaoffo

Math is Hard.....

If you really want to cause confusion, hand them the 30 cents after they ring it up.
  9. Jaoffo

Luckiest break on a golf course?

The rule book doesn't ask how, just how many:unsure:
  10. Jaoffo

Coeur D'Alene

For those of you interested, this is a great golf experience. Be sure to make your tee time well in advance of your planned trip. My wife had a board meeting at the resort so I went along wanting to play the course with the floating green. We had everything planned about six weeks in advance and...
  11. Jaoffo

Coeur D'Alene

Well I got to play it on Thursday. What a great course in excellent condition. I will do a more in depth review later but I did par “the floater”. Still on the run in Montana today.
  12. Jaoffo

Your Swing Trigger?

Absofartinglutly...and then again right after ball contact.
  13. Jaoffo

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I have been playing four different balls over the past three years. I am closing the gap to 70 y/o and average 200 - 235 off the tee, so I prefer a low compression ball to gain as much distance as possible. The four balls I play, depending on conditions are: Top Flite Hammer Control, TM Distance...
  14. Jaoffo

What’s your preferred par 3 yardage?

Any hole that plays" at 110 or 175. Not necessarily that yardage but plays that yardage due to carry, uphill or whatever. I've come close to a HIO at those yardages on several occasions. I've also F'd up at those distances as well.
  15. Jaoffo

Cigars and golf

I usually smoke a Montecristo Relentless when playing, most days it will last 18 holes. I always inquire before I fire up trying not to intentionally offend anyone and will do my very best to stay down wind while puffing if someone is sensitive. On the other hand, I played with a friend last...
  16. Jaoffo

How do you clean your grooves?

This is a plexiglass scoring tool, it does a great job deep cleaning wedge grooves. I use it at least once a month.
  17. Jaoffo

Favorite Hot Dog

Think about it...if they all ad up to two years off your life, it's probably the time you would have spent sitting in a wheel chair drooling on yourself:p
  18. Jaoffo

Driver completely gone. What to do next?

Cure-all swing errors
  19. Jaoffo

Playing with Beginners

First and foremost....eliminate that mystery, if you are putting well practice your approach/wedge shots so you have a chance to make the putt. On a 400 yard par 4 most of us are in the general vicinity of the cup in two strokes but still post 6 or 7 on the card. Your short game is important. We...
  20. Jaoffo

What about Kangaroos? Are they....

Looks like the guy Uncle Tony would send to collect gambling debts when I lived in Youngstown Ohio
Back