Search results for query: *

1. Summit

Need help to undestand a fitting report

If i'm reading what you wrote correctly, the stat sheet provided to you shows Modus 105/120/125/130 as upcharge shafts from Titleist, which they are.
  2. Summit

Need help to undestand a fitting report

The stock Modus 120 Stiff is actually 114g.
  3. Summit

LAGOLF

Well, for those that prefer the counter balanced feel, you don't have to add weight to the head. I built a set of Mizuno 223 with the LAGOLF L Series 120X and they came out to D0 at standard length with 52g grips. I wasn't going to get 6g+ into the hosel, so had to do lead tape. I don't mind the...
  4. Summit

LAGOLF

Iron shafts are a bit polarizing from what I've seen so far. The balance point is higher up so they are not a ton of fun to build with as they SW really light and adding weight to graphite shafts isn't my favorite.
  5. Summit

LAGOLF

Things are not going great for them at the moment with DJ and Bryson both not playing LA shafts as of late. But it's just impossible to keep up with Fujikura and the Ventus line at the moment.
  6. Summit

Give me paint fill techniques

You don't need to be precise with your paint fill. If you watch some of Anthony T. videos from Callaway, he will apply a generous amount of pain, spread it with a cue tip and then wipe paint off quickly with a flat/hard business card or towel and some acetone. May have to reapply some paint...
  7. Summit

Replacing putter insert?

Yes it can be replaced. There are a few places where you can buy inserts. There are also a few videos online of Trottie from TaylorMade removing and installing new insert in putters. I've done it twice before.
  8. Summit

Bringing your own balls to an indoor golf fitting... Yay or nay?

You'll get a lot of opinions on which comes first, but there isn't a right answer. There are so many great options for golf balls now that you can fit someone into clubs and use the ball as the final move to get the gofer into the right windows. I also will use the ball to make changes during a...
  9. Summit

Thought of the morning — Driver fitting - waste of time for a new/return golfer?

Actually, your original point was EVERY fitter will try to fix a swing and no beginner will benefit from a fitting. Neither are true. No one is lobbying for "all fitters" doing any one thing except for you.
  10. Summit

Thought of the morning — Driver fitting - waste of time for a new/return golfer?

I don't know because it's a made up scenario and I don't know who specifically the fitter is. And, guess what... you can't answer that question either. I can tell you I have had golfers come in for fittings and end up leaving with zero fitted clubs, money back and a connection with a swing...
  11. Summit

It isn't EITHER one way or another. It is both. I don't believe it is always equipment. I literally had a golfer come in last week wanting to do a full bag fitting. They are 6 months into golf and have been working with a great coach here in Nashville. We worked through irons and found a set...
  12. Summit

It seems you're coming from the mindset that fitters are less qualified than a teaching professional. While there are plenty of great teaching professionals out there, I have had plenty of golfers come through fittings that were "fit" by a phenomenal teaching professional and the clubs were...
  13. Summit

Sometimes the reason your swing isn't repeatable is because of equipment.
  14. Summit

1. You can’t guarantee that EVERY fitter would do anything. 2. You’re making swing coach and fitter mutually exclusive. A highly skilled fitter will know when a fitting will be productive and when it won’t. While I agree that if you’re completely new to the game it would probably be most...
  15. Summit

Why would we spend money on anything we aren't sure would help us? Even if it is "cheaper" than a new driver, it may not be what we need. If that's the case, then when it comes fitting time, you have to buy another driver rendering the previous one useless and you have now spent more than...
  16. Summit

If they take their craft serious, they'll either have them on hand or get them. It should be part of their fitting process.
  17. Summit

The fitter should provide you with the golf ball you use. That should be a staple with any competent fitter. I would make a call into them to see if they have them available and/or can make them available for you.
  18. Summit

Building a consistent swing with clubs that are not fit for you is a bad road to venture down. Would an F1 driver practice in a pickup truck? There are some instances where a club can be the reason for inconsistent shots. That's why it is important to find a fitter you can create a relationship...
  19. Summit

I tend to see golfers come in with a driver that wasn't fit to them and have created some "bad habits" in their swing trying to make the driver work for them. Whether you're aware of it or not, you're making micro adjustments in your swing to make the club work. Sometimes it isn't a big deal...
  20. Summit

Different shafts in a blended iron set?

Shafts won't change launch conditions much and could even do the opposite of what it's advertised as. May look into loft change to get the launch you're after.
Back