Search results for query: *

1. O

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I’ve been playing the Vice pro plus for most of the season and love it. A definite replacement to the pro v1x I used for so many years except it feels better (softer) and much lower cost. Just as straight, long, and same spin as far as I can tell. I substituted the v1x back in for a round a few...
  2. O

Looking For Testers: Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges

1. Titleist SM7 56 and 60 2. Have been using Vokeys exclusively for many years, but would like much more spin for those around the green shots. Being able to test them at the course is ideal, and hopefully be able to provide real world feedback for others. 3. I use 56 and 60 about the same...
  3. O

UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

I got fit for the LINQ Gunmetal x flex 78 gram 3 weeks ago with the TM Max2 9 degree head. My issue when swing gets wonky is a duck hook. Head is set lower so 8.25 loft and 1.5 open. I tested this combo against a few others and this was by far the most left proof of them all. I was hitting the...
  4. O

2021 Vice Pro Plus golf balls... WOW!

I started playing the Vice pro plus earlier this year. I’ve been playing the prov1x for well over 10 years. Also played the Callaway chrome a bit last season. The Vice pro plus is to me a much more pleasing ball to hit than the prov1x, closer to and maybe softer than the prov1 though I haven’t...
  5. O

Finding the 7W. Why is it so difficult?

Same experience. Fortunately was able to test new TM and Ping, but could only test TM in regular flex and Ping with a 5 wood shaft in it. Custom ordered the TM, but I was also a bit disappointed but not surprised there wasn’t more options to test. I’m guessing we’re on the early side of a trend.
  6. O

The 7 Wood

Between driver and 4 iron has been a soft area of the bag for a while and I have a 3 hybrid and a 3 driving iron that rotated last season. A few months ago I bought a Taylormade 5 wood and play it turned down to a 4 wood. What a revelation this club was. It was so good I thought why not give a 7...
  7. O

The Gap Wedge - Your Flavor?

For years I played a 52 Vokey, but have the GW for the Mizuno 919F’s and absolutely love it.
  8. O

Will you try or play a longer than average driver this season?

I’m average height with long arms. Hard no for me. 44-45” longest I can go and be consistent.
  9. O

Moved to Mizuno JPX921 Forged

Good luck! I’ve been playing the 919F’s for the last year and love them. My son has the 921F’s and those are excellent as well. My advice is if you haven’t checked out the GW, you should. I absolutely love it and fits seamlessly into the set.
  10. O

Your golf ball of choice for the upcoming season and why?

Why? ive been playing Pro V1X for over 10 years because of the spin with short irons and when chipping. I know exactly what the ball is going to do. I also love putting that ball and have confidence. I’ve dabbled with others through the years but nothing has replaced it. Basically the Vice...
  11. O

Oldest Club in Your Bag?

Have upgraded most clubs in my bag over last 2 years but the 2009 Taylormade Rescue TP #3 remains. I’m tempted to try others but honestly would be shocked if anything is as good (for me).
  12. O

TESTED! Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts

Were you impressed enough that one of these GD shafts kicks out your current gamer?
  13. O

TESTED! Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts

As a tour AD-IZ user in my Mavrik SZ TD and absolutely love that combo, so was very interested in this video and the differences between the shafts. The only other GD shaft I've used are the older YS-6 and YS-7 from years ago, and loved those shafts as well. Another important differentiator is...
  14. O

Top of the Bag: What’s your setup?

Driver 5 wood turned down to 4 wood 19 hybrid and driving iron that I switch in and out depending on course. Short course, driving iron. Long course, hybrid. Then 4 iron....
  15. O

Your 2021 Grip Choice?

Same as last year. Golfpride tour velvet plus 4 midsize. Best grips I’ve ever had.
  16. O

Colored Golf Balls

Crazy, but the green Callaway Supersoft balls were so easy to see and find this Fall. Never would have guessed it. If I could get a pro v1x in that color I’d give it a shot at full time status.
  17. O

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Getting excited. Will get the SZ TD on the course the the first time next week while on vacation. Swing is feeling great and now ready to see what this thing can do in the Wild! Even though I got it in early October still super excited about what will transpire. Such a great feeling and looking...
  18. O

Brands(s) You Have Never Tried?

Lol allow me to explain. The shop I go to sells PXG but I walk right by because of cost and curb appeal. Now if it was Miura irons sitting there at same price, I would try them because they’re so damn pretty 😍!!
  19. O

Brands(s) You Have Never Tried?

PXG due to cost Miura due to availability though if they were available maybe too costly as well, not sure, but they sure are pretty and I’d demo regardless of price. Lastly, most non-major brands.
Back