Search results for query: *

1. M_Monty23

Staying Focused in Slow Round

For me, every day and activity is a mental challenge. I don't always succeed, but I'm down for a challenge. I start off just being mindful of what's going on. There is slow play ... my instinct, which is the same for everyone, is to be frustrated. I know that chances are this will continue...
  2. M_Monty23

Golf Quote 6/11

Each shot leads to the next. Each shot is simply a shot to make the next shot easier or harder. And yes, one bad swing can ruin the events of the next shot(s). It's a damn tough game.
  3. M_Monty23

What's your "Convince me I'm Wrong" golf argument?

We're getting stuck on the complete sillyness of how we're preciesely using the term "correlation". I said there isn't a DIRECT correlation, meaning you do A and B occurs. (A being driving well and B being a high ranked player in the world) There is SOME correlation, meaning if you do A there...
  4. M_Monty23

Improving Proximity to the Hole

OldnStiff on fire like usual. I'd like to expand on one of his points. 1) Be in better approach positions- This is the first and probably most important area, where he talks about being aggressive with his lines. Proximity to the hole is first and foremost based on your position and situation...
  5. M_Monty23

There is a strong correlation between being atop Strokes Gained Driving and being one of the players in the world. 3 of the top 5 Strokes Gained Driving Leaders were 3 of the top 6 golfers in the world. One of the others is a multiple-time Masters winner and future Hall of Famer. There will...
  6. M_Monty23

Started with golf - looking for swing advice / really appreciate your help

Swingman, You are way ahead of 99% of golfers 3 months in. I came from a baseball background as well and made the transition. How does your short game look? How is your course management, aka do you have any sort of strategy getting yourself around the golf course?
  7. M_Monty23

This phrase is WRONG. Driving your golf ball well is the most important skill to scoring low, whether you are a scratch golfer or a 30 handicap. Don’t believe me? Let me prove it to you. Lets take a look at how the top 20 players in the world for both strokes gained putting and strokes gained...
  8. M_Monty23

Anyone play with hickory shaft clubs. Should I get plus 4 pants or a Kilt?

I was going to say congrats on shooting your age! Then I realized I read it wrong and haven't had my cup of coffee yet.
  9. M_Monty23

New Decade, New #1 Golfer?

Favorites: Rory Mcilroy Dustin Johnson Brooks Koepka Justin Thomas Jon Rahm Contenders: Justin Rose Jordan Spieth Jason Day Rickie Fowler Tony Finau Gary Woodland Bryson DeChambeau Xander Schauffele Tommy Fleetwood Patrick Cantlay Patrick Reed Dark Horses: Justin Suh Viktor Hovland Not a...
  10. M_Monty23

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Whenever I workout or hit balls I always enjoy having something motivational playing, and they are usually sport-related highlight videos. These are some I created on Tiger if anyone needs some motivational Tiger related videos.
  11. M_Monty23

Pace of play - what do you think?

I would argue that it's not just about distance for tee selection, but also skill level/consistency. Although anyone can play the tee's they wish. It sounds like what your saying is that, you are a long enough to play the tips, but not quite consistent enough. And that possibly... when you...
  12. M_Monty23

Pace of play - what do you think?

I figured without even looking that you were the better and quicker player, lol. Nice putt btw. As far as the slow play, I understand everyone is trying to do their best. I just wish more people knew a) how it effects other players and b) usually the slower you play and the more time you take...
  13. M_Monty23

What golf lies do you tell yourself?

I can keep hopping out the car, not warming up or practicing, and continue to shoot good scores.
  14. M_Monty23

Par 5s, First and Last

Batavia CC in Western, N.Y starts out with two par 5's! Ugh!
  15. M_Monty23

Share your thought process.

Teeshot- 1) What is the layout of the hole? Where is the widest part of the fairway? Where is the biggest miss? (OB) 2) What club should I hit and which curvature gives me the best chance at birdie while lowering the percentage of a penalty stroke or blocked out shot? 3) I start with my most...
  16. M_Monty23

Do you full swing your highest lofted wedge?

Wedge game is 100% controlling distances. It's a finesse swing, not a power swing. All you need to do is have a swing and tempo that creates a similar result. From there, you just differ backswing length and average out your yardages. For example, this was my father's yardages... 130- PW 110-...
  17. M_Monty23

Worst shot of the round?

Birdied 1, par'd 2, eagled 3... 3 under after 3. Record low 9 in my mind. "Reachable" par 5 to come. Can't muster myself to bang a drive down the right side with water right to shorten the hole, so I bail out left. 245 to hole, over water. The carry is less the more left you go. I'm a...
Back