Search results for query: *

1. JonD

For Sale Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag

Lightly used Fairway 14 stand bag. Only seen a couple of trips to the range and one to the course. Works great on the pushcart, just a bit too big for my needs in this spot. $200 shipped to AC members only!
  2. JonD

Indexed Grips?

What's your take on indexed grips like Golf Pride Align, Lamkin Calibrate, etc? Do you find them useful? Hate them? Only for certain clubs? I hadn't played them in years since my i20s, but last year grabbed a set for my current irons. Mostly based on availability of other options, but I've...
  3. JonD

Favorite Putter Grip

Pretty straightforward. What's your current favorite putter grip and why? I want a standard sized grip to work for me so badly, but history proves that they just don't so I'm almost always in something a little oversize. My all around favorite is the Lamkin UTx Mega Paddle that they don't make...
  4. JonD

For Sale Cobra RADSpeed Driver 10.5˚ HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue Stiff - RH

See the pictures for proof, but this driver is in great shape. Only seen the course twice and the range a few times. Have other tinkers between some other drivers and the shaft testing I got picked for so need to move this one. Stock configuration. $350 shipped Conus. Let me know if anyone has...
  5. JonD

For Sale Mitsubishi MMT 95S Pulls 5-GW

MMT 95S iron shaft pulls 5-GW. Parallel tip. $150 OBO These are pulls from my Apex Mixed Combo set, that was ordered at stock length. Even though I know it'll be super hard to get them aligned properly, the grips are in good shape. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
  6. JonD

Nostalgia Bag

We've had similar threads before, but with all the new equipment out or coming out and all the excitement there, I thought it could be fun to put together a bag with some your favorite clubs over your playing career. I haven't been golfing as long as many folks in here so interested to see what...
  7. JonD

Loft and Lie Machines

So let's talk loft/lie machines. @JB what model did you get for your shop? Anyone else have recommendations? I'm seriously considering picking one up and willing to pay a decent amount of money if it's a tool that will last me for a good long while. Been watching some videos about it online...
  8. JonD

The Touchy Short Shots

I struggle pretty heavily with these types of shots and wanted to know how other THPers deal with them. For both of these, let's assume that you're less than 2 yards off the green and have a touchy distance to the pin, like <15-20' total. Buried Lie This one is in the heavy rough. Maybe they...
  9. JonD

Garmin S60 Golf Watch GPS Review

For my birthday this year, I received a Garmin S60 Golf GPS watch. Generally, this isn't something that I'd buy for myself as I've tried wearables on the course before and didn't love it. However, as this was a gift and this watch checked multiple boxes for me, I decided to give it an extended...
  10. JonD

Most Golf In A Single Day?

So my FIL has a hair and wants to play his age in golf holes this year... In one day. He's 65 and doesn't know if he'll ever be able to again. As such, I'm headed down to visit Wednesday as it's the longest day of the year. We tee off at 6am and play until we accomplish the goal. It's at his...
  11. JonD

Arnold Palmer's Hand-Written Yardage Book for Augusta National

Not a huge social media guy, but stumbled on this on twitter. Callaway has instagram'd Arnie's yardage book for Augusta National. Thought it would be neat to share. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRo52peBrub/
  12. JonD

WTS - Mack Daddy 3 54˚ W-Grind

Like the title says! Played for the better part of the season in 2016. KBS Tour black nickel wedge shaft. Acid green UTx grip with ferrule to match. Plays .5" over standard. $70 OBO
  13. JonD

Tee shots into the wind. What's your go to shot?

Been thinking about this a little bit as I've got to play in some windy conditions this year. Generally, I've just hit my normal drive when playing into the wind. Read a post here I think (maybe Freddie?) about moving the ball back a few balls in your stance and teeing it a little lower, for...
  14. JonD

Do you change your bag load out to suit the course?

Was thinking about this as I mulled dropping my 3W to make room for the potential add of the X-Act Chipper. Do you have clubs that you pull or add depending on where you're going to play? An extra long iron for tight par 4s? A higher lofted wedge for a course with smaller raised greens? I used...
  15. JonD

WITB - JonD

Current load out in my :callaway: Aqua Dry stand bag: :callaway: XR 16 w/ :projectx: HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 :taylormade: RBZ Stage 2 3W w/ stock stiff :callaway: Heavenwood w/ :projectx: Blue 6.0 :callaway: Apex CF16 4-AW w/ :kbs: Tour 120 stiff :callaway: MD3 54W w/ :kbs: Tour wedge :callaway: PM...
  16. JonD

FS: Odyssey Black Tour Design #1W

Up for sale is my TD Black #1W. 35" with a 2014 USA Ryder Cup SS 2.0. Great putter, but the horde must be thinned. Played this for a solid season. It does show a little weather, but it's still in great shape. Comes with the same Odyssey headcover it came with. Not sure if there was a...
  17. JonD

FS: Speedblades, WHP 7CS, G30 FW & Hybo

Up for sale is a set of Speedblades irons, with C-Taper Lite iron shafts in stiff. Set is 4-AW. Did my best to keep these near standard length, and they're standard loft/lie. Used tape to get the swingweight to D4 across the set. Standard UTx grip with three wraps of masking tape buildup...
  18. JonD

DC/MD/VA unofficial outing - 7/25/15

Wanted to start a thread to talk about this so we weren't clogging up the local area chat thread. Course TBD, but we're planning on an informal outing on Saturday, July 25. TheCrest4 has been helping to organize everything. Current Responses: YES TheCrest4 JonD tbanks5 JohnSinVA...
  19. JonD

Wtb/wttf: Ping g30 5w

Been looking to get my hands on a G30 5W for a while now. Putting this out there to see if anyone has one for sale or any interest in trading. Headcover, stock length and stiff flex preferred. Don't have a ton to trade, but I'm willing to offer up my Project X LZ 6.5 that I won here, as it...
  20. JonD

FT: J40 3+ FW for a J40 3H

Up for trade is a lightly used Bridgestone J40 3+ 14˚ FW. Gamed for a handful of rounds and some range time. PX 6.0 with a newer Golf Pride NDMC. Looking for a J40 3H with the PX 6.0 shaft in it at the stock length. Some pics to show the condition. Tried to capture the wear on the face...
Back