Search results for query: *

1. Camjr

The Pets Thread

Ozzy (Dutch Shepherd) and Lady (Mini-Aussie)
  2. Camjr

Luggage - Soft sided or Hard Sided?

There was a period of time where I was traveling 75% of the time over about 5 years. As I went down the "one bag" rabbit hole, I came across a company called Red Oxx and their Air Boss bag. It's a shoulder bag with a fantastic design that can even fit in the overhead of RJ's to avoid lining up...
  3. Camjr

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

A headcover about 2 yrs ago. Of course, I'm not counting lost balls, sanity, my game, etc.o_O
  4. Camjr

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Another dozen TaylorMade balls (went with yellow this time) and a new Texas Tech bag towel. Simple stuff.
  5. Camjr

What did you shoot today?

I shot an 88 yesterday afternoon after taking my father to his chemotherapy class before he starts treatment. Front 9 was +7, and then the wheels came off a bit on the back on 3 holes. This was my first actual round with a new set of clubs with senior A graphite shafts, and after switching to...
  6. Camjr

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

This is exactly our approach. I've got a BBA and a MBA, but still wanted a professional with a critical eye looking over my shoulder as well. Cheers
  7. Camjr

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I'm about to turn 57, and my wife is presently 59. We're both targeting 65. If you're not working with a financial planner to make sure you're taking everything into account, you should be (most people probably are, but some don't). With retirement accounts, Social Security, a small pension...
  8. Camjr

Your Favorite Practice Facility Amenity?

Club cleaners, separate chipping area and putting green, and a quality range ball. Here in Texas, shade and chairs near the range stations are nice to be able to retreat to for a quick break and to make a few notes about the session.
  9. Camjr

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

I will be 57 in a few weeks. For me, it started in earnest in August 2023. I've dropped 40 pounds by limiting carbs and portion size, and lifting heavy - fewer reps at higher weights. My lifting sessions are followed by a 45 minute speed walk and then flexibility and stretching. 3-4x per...
  10. Camjr

Best Road Trip Snack?

When pulling out travel trailer with the dogs in the back seat, we often load up our small "snacklebox" filled with charcuterie type meats, cheeses, nuts, and pickles.
  11. Camjr

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

I've found that if I step back for a few weeks, my game tends to return to what I would consider normal for me and it clears my mind of all the goofy swing thoughts that I start tinkering with when I'm playing a lot. I know, it's strange...
  12. Camjr

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

It is entirely dependent on how well I'm hitting the ball and if I need a break.
  13. Camjr

What Would You Name Utah’s Hockey Team?

The "Stormin' Mormons".
  14. Camjr

Did I begin to break through today??

Mindfulness and visualization is the cheapest game improvement device there is. Keep at it!
  15. Camjr

Cincinnati Chili is the Best Chili

This is how the apocalypse begins...
  16. Camjr

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

An old Power-Bilt 60 degree wedge that gets used maybe every other round.
  17. Camjr

At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

I draw the line at freezing if the course is open for play. Of course, sun/clouds or windy/calm conditions also come into the equation.
  18. Camjr

New from Texas

Welcome!
  19. Camjr

Pocket polo yes or no?

Nope, Nope, Nope, No, Never. 56y/o and have never owned a pocketed polo.
  20. Camjr

Just curious...........what style putter is in your bag? Blade in mine. Thanks!

I recently switched to a mallet after using a blade style putter for decades. I'm much more consistent on line, but the speed is still getting to where I want it to be.
Back