Search results for query: *

1. Evolvingwildes

Tour Event 2024 RBC Heritage

Scheffler just keeps on doing it week after week. About time his putter woke up and he started scoring as well as he hits it tee to green.
  2. Evolvingwildes

What would you shoot at Augusta?

I think I'd be happy with breaking 80 out there in my first go-around, assuming good weather. If it was windy like Thurs/Fri this year then bump that up to mid-80s. I can hit it far enough, but my short game is actually where I'm usually doing well, which I think would save me a few strokes at...
  3. Evolvingwildes

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Iomiq Midsize putter grip to test on a all-black Scotty Cameron Studio Select w/ Stability Tour blackout shaft I'm building AI Smoke Max 3-Hybrid w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9X shaft AI Smoke TD 3-Wood (15*) w/ Graphite Design AD-VF 7X shaft Hoping to have some fun testing these out.
  4. Evolvingwildes

Long Hitters - A Question

+1 I'm the same way. Something about standing on the tee box on a driveable par 4 with the group behind you shaking there head like "Sure dude, you think you can drive the green from here?" messes with my head a bit so I'll just lay up when it's going to be a long wait.
  5. Evolvingwildes

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Fairway Wood Review

I thought you were talking about distance and gave us a nice little visualization about how much further you hit the AI Smoke :LOL:
  6. Evolvingwildes

Project X Denali Shafts

So you tested the 6.5 initially, but ordered a TX? What made you end up ordering the TX?
  7. Evolvingwildes

Project X Denali Shafts

Thanks for linking the spin/traj chart, that's helpful. However, I'm more looking to see if anybody has experience with the TX version of these shafts and can compare it to the standard X-Flex. I know Project X sometimes has a bit a drastic difference between their standard X vs. TX in the same...
  8. Evolvingwildes

Wyndham Clark - Rules Violation?

Yeah, you got me there. When the ball is fluffed up in the rough, or sitting in certain kinds of rough, you have to be cautious where you ground your club. I cringed so hard watching Clark jam his club into the rough behind the ball with the camera all zoomed in like that. I figured it was...
  9. Evolvingwildes

Project X Denali Shafts

Pondering ordering one of these in an AI Smoke TD 3-wood, would anybody have any thoughts on the difference between the Blue 80 (TX) versus the Black 80 (6.5)? Typically go for the whiteboard profile, but feel like the Blue in 80TX may be more stable while being a better launch/spin fit for 3-wood.
  10. Evolvingwildes

Wyndham Clark - Rules Violation?

Agreed - the rough isn't a hazard. I should be able to reasonably ground my club without worrying that I'm about to incur a penalty. Depending on the rough, you can ground your club like 6 inches away and the ball will slightly move until you take your club away. And I'm not defending what...
  11. Evolvingwildes

Graphite Design Tour AD VF Shafts

Received the VF 6X yesterday and got a chance to go to the range at lunch today. Initial thoughts are this is one hell of a shaft. Compared to my gamer (Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X) for the past two years, I saw a couple hundred RPMs less spin (~2200 rpm avg.), with similar launch (~14*)...
  12. Evolvingwildes

Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

I had the same issue when ordering my Callaway irons. I chose to give the 105TX a shot knowing I could always pull them and sell them to purchase the 125s without too much headache. Now I'm glad that I went that route - I don't find the 105TX any less stable than the 125TX. I also don't really...
  13. Evolvingwildes

Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

I have a set of irons with Recoil 110 F5s (hard-stepped) and they don't feel as stable as MMT 105TX or 125TX. Definitely not loose or anything, but if I had to go based on feeling of stability I'd say: Recoil 110 < SF i110 <= MMT 105 <= MMT 125 < SF i125 If I had to give them a "stability...
  14. Evolvingwildes

Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve Wedge shafts

Oh nice! Those are sweet! Match up nicely with the satin wedges (love the TW grind MGs by the way).
  15. Evolvingwildes

KBS TGI 100 or 110

Yep, same exact boat as you. Callaway has the TGI 100 available, but that's a bit too lightweight for me. Always hoping they'll add the 110 to the shaft matrix. I've been down the heavy graphite iron shaft rabbit hole for a few years now, and going back 3+ years it felt like nobody had the...
  16. Evolvingwildes

Will do! I have a few other shafts laying around that I'll be hitting against, and using GC3 for #s.
  17. Evolvingwildes

Ordered an AI Smoke TD with the VF 6X, excited to give this one a try when it shows up.
  18. Evolvingwildes

KBS TGI 100 or 110

Glad the shaft is working out for you. I have the TGI 110 in a demo head and have tested it extensively against a bunch of other shafts. It ended up being the top 3 for me as far as graphite shafts, and if was available to order with minimal upcharge at more places I'd probably have a set with...
  19. Evolvingwildes

Golf Pride Reverse Taper putting grip

TIL - Didn't realize the old 1.0s had a slight reverse taper. Always thought they were a consistent thickness throughout. I stand corrected!
  20. Evolvingwildes

Golf Pride Reverse Taper putting grip

I don't know, maybe I missed it but these seem a bit different from the SS 1.0s. I've used pretty much every single SS grip and haven't seen anything from them that genuinely is larger for the lower hand. Now zero-taper, sure. That's something they pretty much have owned for a while now. And I...
Back