Search results for query: *

1. BuffaloPlunger

Plan Your THP Experience - Grilled Cheese Edition

Alright THP, time to brainstorm another dinner. Here are the rules: -Apps have to be a grilled cheese type of item. -Must have five mains and they are different. -Dessert must have some sort of grilled cheese alternative Let’s cook!
  2. BuffaloPlunger

Win a 2 day/1 night Dormie Network Stay and Play

Dormie Network is hosting a fundraiser for the Maxwell Volunteer Fire Department whose efforts prevented a disaster at GrayBull. The proceeds will go to the expansion of the department. Each $100 donation gets you 1 entry for an overnight stay and play with a foursome of your choosing at ANY...
  3. BuffaloPlunger

Interesting Putting Observation

So I’ve been messing around with putters lately. I’ve mentioned before I’ve been thinking about getting a blade. I’ve used a mallet for most of my golf career and I feel very comfortable with my current mallet. I feel like I make consistent contact but never on the sweet spot. I’ve been testing...
  4. BuffaloPlunger

Is there a course you play that just feels “different”?

Are there any courses in your regular rotation that make the game feel different? You show up there and it’s more good vibes than usual or the game just feels more relaxing?
  5. BuffaloPlunger

FS: RH Toulon Las Vegas DB 34.5”

Selling my Toulon LV. Currently plays 34.5”. Used for half a season and just didn’t get along with it. Condition is 9.5/10. $250 shipped to Albatross Club members
  6. BuffaloPlunger

Looking to play with THPers while in Raleigh/Pinehurst

Finally booked my trip to Pinehurst and I will have some free time in the afternoon of 2/9 and 2/10 where I’m hoping to play with some THPers. @pumbaa said he’s in. Timing might be a little tight but a 1:30-2:00 tee time on either day should work
  7. BuffaloPlunger

Golf Goals for 2024

In the spirit of getting better and following the recent announcement involving the GolfTec Experience, what are your golf goals for 2024 and what do you need to do to get there?
  8. BuffaloPlunger

To those who collect putters…

What percentage of your putters do you game? Do you have your go to putter or do you rotate between them? What do you enjoy about collecting them?
  9. BuffaloPlunger

Jacob’s Steakhouse

So we’re going to Toronto for the day next month and I asked a colleague about some nice steakhouses there. One of the names on the list was Jacobs Steakhouse. I look up the menu and voila! Sorry for the poor picture quality but holy smokes! Something about these prices makes me want to try...
  10. BuffaloPlunger

Heading to Las Vegas in January

Heading to Vegas for the first time in January. The plan is to play one, maybe 2 rounds while I’m there. Assuming I only get to play 1 round, what’s your recommendation? I’ve done a little scouting and these are the likely candidates: -Bally Hai -Paiute Resort (Wolf course) -TPC Las Vegas -Rio...
  11. BuffaloPlunger

Cruise through Greece or Stay in a hotel?

So our wedding is fast approaching and we really haven’t nailed down a plan for our honeymoon. We know we want to go to Greece and Italy for sure. Originally we were going to stay in Athens and Santorini then do a cruise through France and Italy but the dates don’t work. Now I’m wondering if...
  12. BuffaloPlunger

Courses not allowing solo players?

These tee time threads got me thinking. There’s a couple of courses around me which don’t allow solo players to book online. What are your thoughts on this? Clarification: I am not saying the courses don’t allow solos, they just don’t let them book online.
  13. BuffaloPlunger

Scoreboard from US Open at Pinehurst

This is a weird thread but over the weekend I was talking to my cousin who was in town from Maryland. In his basement he has part of the scorecard from the US Open when it was held at Pinehurst in the early 2000s. He was telling me the story of how he got it and it sounded very familiar...
  14. BuffaloPlunger

Getting on Sand Hills Golf Club - Mullen NE

Has anyone been able to get on without being invited by a member? My understanding was they will occasionally allow very limited amounts of public play but I can’t seem to find anything about the process and the course doesn’t have a website.
  15. BuffaloPlunger

Regripping/Building Station must haves

I just finished putting together a workbench for the garage that probably isn’t going to get much use lol. I think it could be fun turning it into a regripping and club building station. That’s something I’d like to get into. What are some must haves you guys would recommend?
  16. BuffaloPlunger

What is your favorite part of playing?

What is your favorite part of the game when it comes to playing on the course? For me it’s gotta be wedge shots. I could hit 50-100 yard shots in for hours.
  17. BuffaloPlunger

Poison Ivy Remedy?

Well I got poison Ivy for the first time in probably 10-12 years in 3 spots. The last 2 or 3 days the blisters have been draining and it’s been driving me nuts. Any recommendations to get it to stop?
  18. BuffaloPlunger

What is your preferred tournament format?

I just got into a spirited debate with a friend after saying how I have no desire to play in a 4 man scramble. Maybe I exaggerated a bit but when I think of a 4 man scramble I imagine a painful pace of play and an uninspired round of golf. I feel the shamble is the perfect tournament style. If...
  19. BuffaloPlunger

Wedding gift idea for dad and brother

My wedding is coming up in December and I’m having a hard time coming up with a best man gift for my brother and thank you gift for my dad. I’m looking to spend $200-300 each and I would like it to be something that will last a while. I was thinking nice leather wallets but not sure of brands in...
  20. BuffaloPlunger

BuffaloPlungers Club Champion Fitting Experience

My round got cancelled today so I pulled my fitting forward and drove to Rochester. Jason R was my fitter and right off the bat I’ll say he was awesome. A true golf nut who really loves what he does. The intro: I elected for the full bag fitting without putter, mostly because it worked with the...
Back