Search results for query: *

1. M

Circle T head cover 900 bucks!!

So a few weeks back a post here mentioned the Circle T, I had no idea it was even a putter and had to google "Circle T" I then was directed to ebay and have since searched them on the bay to show my wife. I get an email today from ebay about a CT head cover listed for 900 bucks, there were...
  2. M

3. M

Anyone interested in a free personalized ball marker?

The thread "Show us your ball markers" got me interested in trying to make some. My wife has several sets of metal stamps so I am going to try a few different things, 3/4 inch washers, knockouts from metal junction boxes etc.. Might even buy some pewter and copper blanks. If anyone is...
  4. M

5. M

Anyone have a system for tracking their accuracy on the range?

I'm trying to figure out a way to track the accuracy as I progress like a point system. I have an idea but I'm not sure about it, I do want a more concrete way of analyzing my progress than just walking away from the range thinking "that session felt good". Anyone out there do something like...
  6. M

What a great feeling.

Last night I joined the Albatross Club and today I voted. Man I am a proud American THP golfer!
  7. M

Got smacked, sleepin on the couch

Watching the Eastlake Cup, one of the girls dropped a putt. I said "Nice putt!" I swear I said "Nice putt!" :oops:
  8. M

Tiger at the Masters?

Lots of blathering on The Morning Drive about him at The Masters. Does anyone really believe he has a snowballs chance in hell at winning?
  9. M

Can you practice putting at work?

I could do this all night if I wanted, gets boring though.
  10. M

Distance dilemma solution?

Minimum length for rough and no help from from marshals or spectators to find your ball off the fairway. Any help results in a 3 shot penalty.
  11. M

Finally had an "epiphany moment" at the range.

Started really concentrating on taking the club straight back about 2-3 feet in the very beginning of my backswing. The ball is now more consistently flying straighter off the tee than ever before. Not gonna question it, just gonna work with it. ETA: Well a little googling is showing that this...
  12. M

Anyone use or ever use those budget wedges?

I watched a youtube vid of someone talking about them and he made a good point in my opinion. When you are learning and practicing your short game, if you're really working at it you're gonna make thousands of practice shots which will beat the heck out of any wedge. Might as well put that...
  13. M

Slow motion practice swing

Does the club basically do the same thing when you take a slow motion swing as it does on a normal swing? I know it sounds kinda obvious but if there's one thing I've learned it's that many things in this game are not what they seem. I've been doing very controlled slow motion swings from what...
  14. M

New hobby?

I got to thinking about a drone with a radar that could follow some kind of tracking sticker on a golf ball. Then I figured "someone has already tried something similar". Yep, I'm sure some of you have seen this...
  15. M

So they can pick up their ball in the fairway in Europe?

Watching the BMW on the 16th hole Tyrrell Hatton was 111 out from the pin and picked up his ball and handed it to his caddy to clean off. I did not know this was OK in Europe. No big deal, just an observation. ETA: So I looked it up and there's a lift, clean and place rule that can be used if...
  16. M

Public apology to dthrog00

A couple days ago I made a few jokes at his expense and his wife as well. I guess in a bar while drinking a few beers between buddies it might fly but not so much on a public forum and not knowing him. My sincerest apologies dthrog, maybe one day I'll be able to buy you a beer.:)
  17. M

Taylormade M6 irons - Anyone?

Anyone out there play the M6 irons? I'm wondering if they are acceptable for a high handicapper in his 50's that doesn't swing as fast as the flat bellies.
  18. M

Black Friday?

Does the golf industry partake in Black Friday? Just got back into the game a few months back so I wasn't paying attention last year. I'm wondering if I should hold off on a purchase or two.
  19. M

Weird anomaly on TV regarding ball in flight.

I'm watching the R&A highlights on the Golf Channel and there's what looks like some kind of tags flinging off the ball while it's in flight. There's obviously nothing on the ball so I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed this. Here's an enlarged screen shot.
Back