Search results for query: *

1. lowfi

Help with a reshaft - KBS C Taper S or R+?

Hi guys and gals, I recently bought a great "vintage" set of Mizuno blades that I want to reshaft into KBS C Tapers. I like the lower ball flight of the tapers and the shot dispersion was slightly better with the Tapers when compared to the KBS Tour S/X and the PX6.0. The weight also helps my...
  2. lowfi

WTB: KBS Tour C-Taper shafts (Stiff or R+)

Hi everyone! Just like the title says, looking for new or used KBS C Taper shafts. Thanks, Sean
  3. lowfi

Ireland in July!

Hi everyone, I need some help picking a course to play in southern Ireland (near Cork) in July. I only have time for one round and had Old Head Golf Links planned but it's very expensive. I've done a bunch of googling but it is very hard to find anything. Does anyone have any courses that...
  4. lowfi

Need putting help!

Hi everyone, So I've been keeping my golf stats online for ~2 years now and I've improved in ALMOST all categories. My FIR's have gone up, my GIR's have gone up, my scoring and handicap is decreasing as well as scrambling %. The one area of my game that is still struggling is putting (and...
  5. lowfi

WTB: Tour Striker Pro and smash bag!

Anyone have one? I'm interested! I desperately working on lag and getting hands forward of the clubhead through impact...i think these would help. Let me know! Thanks, Low
  6. lowfi

Rangefinder or GPS?

Hi everyone, I'm debating getting a yardage device as I think it would help dial in my game. I can't decide between using a GPS or a rangefinder. I golfed last weekend with a guy that had the Garmin S1 watch which was pretty neat however it only gives you front/middle/back of greens and we all...
  7. lowfi

Anyone still gaming Nike VR_S forged irons?

So just like the title says, anyone still gaming these? I remember JB used to play them for a bit, wondering if he still does... Hit these again today and still love how the feel, look, hit and perform. The 6 iron is ridiculous. I barely hit my old 4 iron that far. They were long and...
  8. lowfi

A year in review (almost...)

Hi everyone, So the year is almost complete for all of us and I know that most of you are already feeling the teeth of winter. Fortunately in southern California we still have a bit of golf left in us! :blob: After a year of ups and downs, equipment changes, swing changes, etc. etc. I've...
  9. lowfi

swingmangolf.com? -- anybody used it?

Hey THP'ers, Just wondering if anyone here has used swingmangolf.com? Looks interesting but I dont really want to fork over the cash to learn more about it. Has anyone used it to any success? I trust THP's opinions...:) Thanks, Low
  10. lowfi

WTB: golf rangefinder/gps

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a rangefinder/gps. Preferably I'd like to get the Leupold GX1, as I've tried that before and I like it. Let me know what you have! Thanks, Low
  11. lowfi

Forward shaft lean = shots to the left?

Hi everyone, So I had my first lesson on Monday and my instructor advised me to play with a bit more forward shaft lean, between my zipper and my pocket...uh,...my gonad? He suggested this because I mentioned that sometimes my mishits are thin and I tend to play with inconsistencies. Today...
  12. lowfi

What hybrid, help!

Hi guys, This is super last minute, I know :(, but feel like I need to fill a gap. I'm playing Torrey Pines next week (Thursday) and am worried about the length. Right now I'm gaming a Dr, 3W, 3i- then on. I typically hit the 3iron off the tee on narrow holes, and shorter par4's. There is a...
  13. lowfi

WTB: Cleveland Fairway Launcher FL 15* stiff

Just like the title says! Thanks everyone, Sean
  14. lowfi

WTB: 2 or 3 iron!! (MP Fli-Hi, MX900, others?)

Hey everyone, Looking for a 2 or 3 iron that I'm going to be using off of the tee on certain holes. I just can't stand my hybrid ATM and I would love to game one of these for a bit to see how I like it. Anywho, I'm looking for a Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 2/3 iron or an Mizuno MX 900 3 iron. If anyone...
  15. lowfi

Forgiving 3 iron?

Is that an oxymoron? Anyway, I am over my 21* hybrid Mashie. I get nasty draws/hoooks from it and I am going to stop fighting it. I should have bought something with less offset. My swing has changed for the better and the offset isn't helping me in the least. I rack my 4 iron off of the tee...
  16. lowfi

Golf ball hunting...coincidence?

First off, before I get slaughtered...I had permission to hunt balls at a local course. On with my observations! Is it weird that of the 500 balls I found, a large majority of the balls were Pro V1's with Pro V1x's next? Does that mean that a ton of people are playing premium Titleist balls...
  17. lowfi

Consistency?

Is this a dumb topic? I feel like the answer will always be...practice more. I am struggling with consistency off of the tee box and it is now causing me to hesistate and I get nervous when teeing off. I typically drive the ball 255-275 and my miss is either a high fade or sometimes a snap...
  18. lowfi

Putting left-handed under certain situations?

Hi everyone, So while putting at the local course the other day, I met Tiger and Notah Begay’s old putting coach from Stanford. We got to talking and I definitely heard some cool stories about these guys but the most interesting thing that we spoke about was switch putting. This...
  19. lowfi

Dave Pelz's 4:3 method - anyone still gaming it?

Hi everyone, Well after playing with a guy who absolutely annihilated his wedges, I decided to buy Pelz’s “Short Game Bible”. I’m only a few chapters in but I love the fact that he really boils golf down in a scientific manner. It is very interesting to read his take on where scoring...
  20. lowfi

WTB: Bettinardi Putter :) (preferably BB35!)

Hi guys, Let me know which Bett's you have! I am very interested. I can't stop thinking about their sexiness... Low
Back