Search results for query: *

1. L

Sports Memorabilia Thread

Just for clarification, I am not trying to authentic the autographs. I am just trying to Identify the ones I don't recognize. This book was given to me when I was in the 8th grade and I am 58 now. Here is another page, I think the first two are Nat Moore and Ed Lopat. The third one I have no...
  2. L

The one I don't know is the last autograph. In the second picture. It looks like it starts with B. The others are Joe DiMaggio and Roger Maris (99% sure on those) Thanks for taking a look.
  3. L

When I was in middle school, a good friend went to spring training in florida. His family was friends with Paul Blair (Yankees outfielder). When he returned he gave me a book he had the players autograph. This was in 1980 and most of the signatures are baseball players but some are other sports...
  4. L

Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

In my opinion, the one place where everyone could benefit from the Mindset technology is on the driving range. Instead of pounding golf balls mindlessly. I can see using Mindset to create a meaningful preshot routine.
  5. L

Tell Me About Nike Clubs From Those Days

I still have a set of these in my garage, Nike Slingshot irons. I purchased these new around 2004
  6. L

Tour Event 2024 LIV Las Vegas

As a birthday gift a friend invited me to go watch some some golf. He ended up getting Birdie shack tickets. What a fun event, a little windy but not horrible. Birdie shack was awesome, on one side was the 8th tee box and on the other was the 7th green and in the middle was the bar! We also walk...
  7. L

Heading to Las Vegas in January

Paiute has 3 courses. Sun mountain, snow mountain and wolf. Sun mountain was closed due to damaged caused by storms. I believe it was scheduled to open again in October. It's always breezy/windy there and I had it snow during a round in February. Royal links is gone now. It was bulldozed over...
  8. L

What the hell is this bastard insect?!

I think the yellow is too bright to be a golden paper wasp also the abdomen looks fatter than a golden paper wasp. So with that said I believe it is a yellow jacket.
  9. L

Vegas golf has gone crazy

Some courses started with dynamic pricing. So if they are busy they raise the green fees. If they are slower they don't raise the green fees. Shrinking number of courses available plus more people = limited # of tee times available and they know it.
  10. L

As a local I paid $82 at sienna about 6 weeks ago. Never again course is in horrible shape, over watered fairways that were painted green.
  11. L

Unfortunately this is the norm here in Vegas now. 4 or 5 courses have closed, some are just weeds and dirt and others have been or are being turned into affordable housing. No new courses are being built that I have heard about, most likely due to water restrictions. We still have lots of people...
  12. L

Golf in Las Vegas

You can take the St George shuttle from the airport in Vegas to Mesquite, NV. You would need to Uber the last mile or two to the course.
  13. L

Shot Scope Software - Data, Updates, Features, Requests and Questions

Open the app, open menu. It should show under sign out It's a ghosted grey color
  14. L

ShotScope H4 - Impressions

I have played four rounds with my H4. I have only missed two tags, both drives. One time I remembered before I left the tee box, the second one I thought it registered but it did not. I think the unit is fantastic. People have said they had the unit fall out of the caddy on the course, I have...
  15. L

ShotScope H4 - Impressions

So I have played 2 rounds with my H4. Out of 36 holes I only forgot to tag 1 shot (Drive), I was able to walk back and tag the location before we drove off. I did keep it in my front pocket for the first round. I had one other drive where I thought I tagged it through the material of my shorts...
  16. L

Vegas cours suggestions

Yes, I live in Vegas about 6 min from TPC LV. For me toss-up between TPC LV and Bears best. Tee times might be hard to get at TPC LV as TPC Summerlin (Private)is closed (getting new greens). I heard their members are playing TPC LV until renovations are complete.
  17. L

Vegas cours suggestions

I think you can't go wrong with Rhodes Ranch, Angel Park, Palm Valley or Highland Falls.
  18. L

Vegas cours suggestions

Bears best is nice, I think in line with TPC Las Vegas.
Back