Search results for query: *

1. Jason89er

Feel vs Real

Feel is almost NEVER real. Luckily video doesn’t lie. I swear I “feel” like my backswing gets to parallel. It typically never comes close. I gotta feel like Daly to get it even close. Golf….
  2. Jason89er

New 2024 AutoFlex Shafts

Lemme see…2 Ventus Velocore shafts with room to spare or one Pepperoni Pizza shaft for 850. Hard pass.
  3. Jason89er

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood shaft Replacement?

I recently picked up a great deal on a Paradym Heavenwood. It has a stock Aldila Ascent 50 Senior shaft on it which I need to replace. I’d like a few opinions on what has worked for other Heavenwood owners out there. I typically play a regular flex. I like a med-high ball flight. The Heavenwood...
  4. Jason89er

Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

LIV has certainly watered it down. It does make it slightly less impressive on regular events but ummm he just won The Masters so that theory is kinda out the window. That being said….Tiger. Once the other players got up off the mat. Tigers toughest competition was himself.
  5. Jason89er

You ever just get...bored?

I think because most guitars, instruments ect hold their value so well. Golf gear with very few exceptions do not. Plus Guitars look good hanging on the wall. I don’t think I would hang my old Cleveland Wedges on the wall but dammit if I still don’t have them. 🤦‍♂️🤣
  6. Jason89er

You ever just get...bored?

In the music world it’s called GAS. Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. In the golf world it would be GGAS. Golf Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Cause it ain’t just clubs! Bags, balls, hats, shirts, shoes….it all falls under GGAS!
  7. Jason89er

The Ultimate 3

Dude no…happened to me somewhat the same. Dunked my first in the water and elected to drop at the tee and hit 3 instead of the drop zone. Two hops and in. 🤦‍♂️ I exercised that demon a couple years later and got my first “Real” Ace. It’ll happen for you. My Dad was 57 and got his first at 17 at...
  8. Jason89er

Why do I even bother with driver?

Yeah if I could get 250 with a 3W and was way more consistent then why use a Driver? Guess it depends on which tee box you play from but I’d take that ALL DAY!
  9. Jason89er

What is the hardest shot in golf?

Pitch shot over a bunker when short sided, downhill to the flag, a super naked tight lie and water on the other side of the green if it rolls off ect. Best case on these is 15-20ft past the hole. Worst case is well…several of these. Very hard shot and not many safe options either.
  10. Jason89er

Finish this Sentence

This thread is seriously triggering me….🤣🤣🤦‍♂️
  11. Jason89er

Finish this Sentence

An all too familiar story. I won’t go on a rant here but teaching golf can be very profitable. So that introduces some coaches that are primarily money driven. Hard to find one that is truly invested in your improvement AND is a good fit.
  12. Jason89er

Finish this Sentence

Great with the right coach. Catastrophic with the wrong one.
  13. Jason89er

Where is your game?

I swear it looks like you just posted my last 10 rounds. 🤣
  14. Jason89er

Your "One" Question

1- Club Fitter-What was the most shocking setup that worked for a golfer that you never thought would have worked? 2- Swing Coach-How invested are you in seeing real results from your clients? 3- Golf Club Designer-Where’s the real data? 4- Golf Company CEO-Why won’t you show us the real data...
  15. Jason89er

Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

I’m in North Fl. No excuse for some of these courses to be in this bad of shape at the prices they are charging. At least in the past if the course was having some struggles the rates would drop. That’s fair enough. But there are a few courses I refuse to play due to poor price/condition ratio...
  16. Jason89er

Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

Affordable golf. I really miss that. Now courses can have goat ranch like conditions and people will still pay 65 bucks a round. Which drives the courses in good shape up to 85 plus which is pushing it for just a regular weekly round of golf for me. Bring back the 45 dollar morning rates pls. At...
  17. Jason89er

All Things Being Equal…..

I get this. For me it’s about accomplishing a goal I set for myself. I can break 80 from 5400 yards. Not that hard. But from 6400 that’s another story. And why? Cause I need 1000 more yards over 18 holes to reach the greens. So my goal is gaining the distance and skills to accomplish that goal...
  18. Jason89er

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ THIS!!
  19. Jason89er

Uncontrolled distance is not really distance is it? If he’s hitting it longer but taking penalty strokes then that negates the advantage. Completely. But that’s not really what we are discussing I would think. Accuracy is another subject. But I bet if he could hit an 8 iron as far as your Driver...
  20. Jason89er

No apology needed. I find this discussion/debate absolutely fascinating! Given your parameters and yours only I would be inclined to agree with you. Except…if all things are equal, do you tend to hit more GIRs from 180 or 150? Do both of you? If ALL things are equal the answer should be yes...
Back