Search results for query: *

1. Jason89er

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood shaft Replacement?

I recently picked up a great deal on a Paradym Heavenwood. It has a stock Aldila Ascent 50 Senior shaft on it which I need to replace. I’d like a few opinions on what has worked for other Heavenwood owners out there. I typically play a regular flex. I like a med-high ball flight. The Heavenwood...
  2. Jason89er

azon training aid 🤣🤣🤣

I understand that training aid ads ect can be photoshopped in all different manners but what in the world were they thinking (or not thinking) when this was approved by this seller/company?!? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’ve seen some goofy ones but this is the winner by far. FORE!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  3. Jason89er

Finally replaced my hybrids with irons…

As someone who has always played a far more than the norm amount of hybrids I have always been a fan and even champion for hybrids. At times having 3-PW in the bag all hybrids. Over the last few months, since I finished my simulator build, I have been migrating to irons. Couple weeks ago I...
  4. Jason89er

I Have Trust Issues…

I am shopping for a new Driver. Have cash in hand and will be pulling the trigger soon. I REALLY want to get a custom fitted one this time. But…… I cannot seem to find the trust in me to fully believe in a fitter or fitters. Being a fully aware internet golf nerd, I have read both success and...
  5. Jason89er

Is score ultimately what determines how good a player is?

Score defines who wins and loses obviously. But does it ultimately determine how good a player is? Here is an example but there could be many more: Two players both shoot 75 in the same round. Par 72 course. Player one gets 15 Pars and 3 Bogeys to do it. 15 GIRs all with 2 putts. Fails to...
  6. Jason89er

Can a “Short Knocker” get to single digits??

Can a distance challenged player get down to a single digit hcp? From standard tees? Quick backstory on me. I’m 51. Currently at a 14.1hcp. Never been a long hitter. I’ve chased distance. Made some gains but not big ones. I refuse to sacrifice accuracy so it’s been a slow process. I play from...
  7. Jason89er

Smart Nick vs Crazy Phil Practice Round

Here’s something I like to do when I play as a single and the pace of play allows it. I play 2 balls per hole. One ball is Smart Nick (Faldo) and one is Crazy Phil. Like I literally write these 2 names on the balls. Golfer 1- Smart Nick is how I normally play. Smart thinking mans golfer...
  8. Jason89er

Greatest Non-Athlete Celebrity Golfer Currently?

In your opinion who is the greatest celeb golfer out there in 2022. And pro athletes have to be excluded. So no Romo, Jordan, Curry. Clearly they have an advantage being such good athletes. I believe Justin Timberlake and Alice Cooper are sub 5 hcp players. Here’s the other JT. Great swing...
  9. Jason89er

Fans and videos of players

So I’m watching the PGA Championship on ESPN+ and Jordan has this 2nd shot right up against the fans. Not unusual, but with this “Supergroup” has an impressively large group of people following them for a 2nd round. I paused my TV and took the picture above. At a quick glance I counted 25 plus...
  10. Jason89er

Water shots

Pushed one to the right Friday and rather than take a penalty, off came the hat, off came the glasses and I slammed it out about 50 yards or so up the fairway. Par 5 that I ended up making a Par on. Which made this shot all the more fun after the fact. Anyone else play these shots or you just...
  11. Jason89er

Acceptable amount of time reading a green

So one of my strongest parts of my game is reading greens and putting. I would say I take longer than most. Not a PGA player length of time but longer than most I play with. The result for me is better putting and saving strokes. I like to take my time so I’d say I’m in the 1 min total time...
  12. Jason89er

Weirdest thing someone has given you to use for golf?

My girlfriend gave me this flat rock as a gift with the intent of me using it as a ball marker. I tried it out and got more than a couple strange looks from my fellow players on Friday. What’s the weirdest thing someone has given you as a “golf” gift?
  13. Jason89er

The Feel vs The Real

Another thread got me talking about this. What I mean by this is what does it feel like like you’re doing but in reality something else is happening in your golf swing? Whether it’s in a full swing, short game or putting. My biggest Feel vs Real is my backswing. I used to have a very flat...
  14. Jason89er

Brooks Koepka with Cleveland Golf

Just had this text hit phone. Very cool! I’m a huge fan of Cleveland Golf and I’m happy to see them add someone of his level to their ranks! Well done Cleveland!
  15. Jason89er

Video Rate this way past parallel swing

My buddy and I got paired up with a couple of random super great guys last week. One of them who is particularly long off the tee. This drive carried about 280 and rolled out to close to 290-300. It’s rare to get paired up with this long of a hitter for us. It’s by no means a “text book swing”...
  16. Jason89er

The MUL (pronounced Mule)

So I am always interested in weird and unusual clubs. And since I have no ego or shame when it comes to unconventional things they seem to find me……this one hit my inbox today. It is truly a 40 degree lofted putter. So a chipper/putter. Chutter? Pipper? Yeah we have seen putterish chippers. Like...
  17. Jason89er

For Trade Cobra Radspeed XB 9 degree for a 10.5 degree

Looking to trade my Peacoat Blue Radspeed XB 9 degree head for the same but in 10.5 degree. I would prefer the same color but it’s not a deal breaker. I would be willing to cover shipping for both. Condition of the head is 8.5 of 10. It’s in great shape. No sky marks ect. With the infinity face...
  18. Jason89er

The Challenge of “Letting it Go!”

I’m a 14 hcp golfer at the moment. Solid player. Good short game. Very good putter. Inside 140 I’m probably a 7 hcp. I’m not a long hitter. At all. Particularly with the Driver. So getting inside that 140ish mark after drives on Par 4s and even some 5s is what is holding me back from getting...
  19. Jason89er

Making things harder to make them easier

I have struggled with my driver a bit lately. Mostly with consistency. Not awful but not great for me. I play with a 44.5 inch Reg Flex shaft normally. I had been watching field goal kickers practice with really skinny goals on TV. And there used to be a range close to me that had really small...
  20. Jason89er

Ping G425 Set and Sticker Shock

So I love Ping gear. Have for years. I play a G400 Max Drive. Have a slew of their 410 hybrids on down the line. Sigma2 putter. Love em all. So I’m at my local Edwin Watts and they have them all there for demo and fitting. Not for sale yet. I hit them for a good 30-40 mins. Didn’t go through a...
Back