Search results for query: *

1. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #17

The penultimate hole at Ballyhack is the shortest hole on the course. Playing a short iron or wedge it's time for the last possible ace on the course. Looking at this tee shot, all I can think is that there's an opportunity here. Make sure that you take enough club to clear the carry and...
  2. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #16

The 16th here at Ballyhack looks like just a couple of forced carry shots with decent landing zones. This hole looks like you're shooting into a blind fairway, going downhill and on a slope. If you can get a good landing down by the end of the fairway, you appear to be in good shape for a...
  3. Daluteh

Best Road Trip Snack?

From the combo's thread - it would derail it significantly. What is the best road trip snack, and why?
  4. Daluteh

Is Lasagna just Spaghetti cake?

I was with someone from Wisconsin last week, and she told me that when her kid was like 8 - they were having lasagna they had an epiphany and they were like, mom this is just spaghetti cake! I feel like it makes sense, and we should just call it that. It would be way more fun.
  5. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #15

The 15th at Ballyhack is a pretty long par 5, but with the elevation drop it plays shorter. The drop in elevation is visible right off of the tee. Wide fairway that narrows down until about 250 gives an ample landing area going into your second shot. Depending on your length you can...
  6. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #14

Hole 14 at Ballyhack gives us a shorter par 4 that is an opportunity to someone to hit a pair of great shots and give themselves a nice birdie opportunity. A slight downhill tee shot onto a small plateau fairway, you can get aggressive here depending on how you want to cut your line. Get...
  7. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #13

Hole 13 is one of the two that is part of the double green complex, this one being a par 3. Tee shot needs to get over the bunkers here, as is the theme of BallyHack, the miss seems to be left if you end up short. The massive green has a lot of natural protection, aim to get it over and...
  8. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #12

The 12th hole is said to be one of the longer back 9 par 4s. The guide says to hit the 3w off the tee here, bunkers start at about 150 yards on the left and run until about 240 on the right. Make sure you're aiming up at the left fairway, not down at the right one, land and it looks like...
  9. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #11

The 11th at Ballyhack gives us a shorter par 4 - with risk and reward. One up from the tips puts our middle of the fairway bunker at just about 260, the shot goes downhill then back uphill onto the green. There is what appears to be a pretty good landing area before you attempt your GIR up...
  10. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #10

We open the back 9 with a massive par 5 that has a lot of natural defense. Aim left here, since you do not want to miss the dogleg and put yourself in jail off the tee. The back tee's have this at 230 - 260, the next set up appear to have the 227 bunker starting at about 140, so it is very...
  11. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #9

Rounding out our first half of golf, the second par 5 of the course is the last challenger before the turn. Our tee shot is going to be pretty safe with 230 to the protecting bunkers and 260 to the island rough on the fairway, from the tee's one up from the tips. What looks like it could...
  12. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #8

The eighth hole is a mid length par 4, right in the middle of the course handicap as well. What appears to be a semi-blind tee shot, your options are play it safe to the left for a longer shot onto the green or cut it right to see how close you can make your second shot. The left landing...
  13. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #7

The seventh hole is listed as one of the easier holes according to the club, a mid length par 3. Give everyone some kind of iron from the middle tee's and let's see who can hold up 👆with an ace. If you're going to miss the green, it looks like you want to miss short, and absolutely stay...
  14. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #6

Hole number 6 marks one third of the way through our course tour. On paper a true risk and reward hole. A downhill tee shot gives you the option of aiming for the open fairway or anyplace else as it goes left towards the green. 265 marks the bunker from the tips, we don't play those but...
  15. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #5

The fifth is showing a lot of decision making possibilities. Playing somewhere under yards, this hole gives options off of the tee. What appears to be a slight downhill off of the tee, then back up to the green, maybe be careful what you tee off with here? Unless you're planning on...
  16. Daluteh

How many different golf balls do you have?

I'm not talking about the one offs you find in the woods, I'm talking about when you buy a sleeve or you buy a box. Do you keep to one brand for a long time, do you test them out and see what works for you? Do you have different summer / winter balls?
  17. Daluteh

iPhone Storage options

I was trying to upload a picture of my cart this morning from the computer, so I logged into my iCloud only to find out that the storage is full. We have the 200gb storage, and I'm not going to bump up to the 2TB for another 8 bucks a month, unless it's really my only option. That being said...
  18. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #4

Listed as the hardest hole on the course. The 4th has the ability to be a 400+ yard par 4. What looks to be a fairly short knockers fairway bunker that sits at 187 out from the back tee's, the target line seems to be above that on the top tier of the fairway. If you can catch some of the...
  19. Daluteh

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #3

The third at Ballyhack is our first glimpse at a possible HIO. Depending on where it's being played from we have anything from a possible 200 down to 150 yards - as we do not play the tips. Each tee box is showing to be slightly lower than the one before it, so depending on where you tee...
  20. Daluteh

How do you use your putting mat?

Question in the title. I have been rolling putt after putt on mine I have about 8 feet of putting surface to work with, getting what I consider a lot better in terms of my line. I worry that I'm going to severely screw up my pace however when I get back onto real and fast greens. I have no...
Back