Search results for query: *

1. J

Hi, My name is Slappy and I have a golf problem.

Welcome. Nice to see-- um, meet you, for the first time.
  2. J

Ticket to any game ever

USA vs USSR at Lake Placid 1980 (yes, I'm old) Game 6 1977 World Series (I'm older still) Game 7 1994 Stanley Cup finals Sunday of the 1999 Ryder Cup
  3. J

Tell me you're old without telling me you're old

And playing them on a record player that was actually a piece of furniture.
  4. J

The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Every time I step away from this game for even a couple of minutes something happens.
  5. J

What 4 clubs are on your “personal” Mt. Rushmore…???

Callaway X-16 pro series irons Mizuno TMP 2 putter KZG CH-II fairway woods Vokey 200 series wedges
  6. J

How much LIV have you watched?

I attended one day of last year's tournament in Bedminster NJ. I went mainly because of proximity and curiosity, but enjoyed it. The setup was actually pretty nice for keeping my kids engaged and interested. The players were accessible, due in part to the fact that the crowds were nowhere near...
  7. J

You move. Do your team allegiances change?

It depends on the depth of the allegiance and who did the moving. I grew up a Yankees fan. When I moved to Boston, it would never have occurred to me in a million years to convert to a sox fan. That would be blasphemy. I saw more baseball games in Fenway than in all other MLB stadiums...
  8. J

Do you play a 3W?

I currently have a Paradym 3w HL (16.5). Have played from both turf and tee. I haven't had it long, and our season is more or less over, but I liked it from the very first swing.
  9. J

What brings you confidence in your game?

When my short game is on, it eases my mind about everything else. I don't beat myself up over not being able to reach the green after a bad tee shot, or after badly mangled approaches. It helps my mental game.
  10. J

You can make ONE change to the PGA Tour, what is it?

Change all scoring to some modified form of stableford. Any points accrued more than 4:10 after teeing off don't count. Let's see how play speeds up then!
  11. J

Golf craze you just don’t understand

Nope. I refuse to play this game of "tell me how old you are without telling me how old you are" ;)
  12. J

Favorite time of the day for a round

It's not always the most practical time to play, but I've always found it very peaceful and satisfying to be finishing up a round right before sunset.
  13. J

Golf is Already Bifurcated

I guess this is part of why to me, bifurcation wouldn't be all that big a deal. I can't imagine there are too many amateur baseball players that said it didn't feel like they were playing REAL baseball because they weren't using wooden bats like the pros do. I play in an old fart's hockey...
  14. J

Your "Top 3" Christmas Movies

1. Christmas Vacation 2. Elf 3. The Ref Honorable Mentions: Die Hard, Miracle on 34th Street, Four Christmases, A Christmas Story
  15. J

High End Bags

I've tried a few: Titleist Links Legend -- IMO the best looking, terrific fit&finish, and very comfortable straps (single and double). I really wanted for this to be the bag for me. Unfortunately, I experienced relentless club tangle (worse than hoofer) to the point where it was a constant...
  16. J

Hardest Club to Replace?

5w/3h I expect (need) a lot out of that slot. It needs to be a reliable safety club off the tee, confidently handle longer shots from the fairway, and serve as an adequate trouble club. Moreover, that has always been my no-fail slot: the club that I can get acceptable results with even on my...
Back