Search results for query: *

1. T

Callaway UW vs Cleveland HyWood

Has anyone tried both and could provide some input? It seems that the HyWood is more of a high-launching / high-spinning option, that - despite 18° - may be comparable to a 7 wood in distance, while the 17° UW seems to be a low-launching, low-spin option, that could go more towards a 3 or 4...
  2. T

G425 Wood / Hybrid distances

Did someone compare the G425 woods and hybrids distances? I've had a few sessions now and the tables on the Ping website don't seem to work out. Based on the website, the 3-Hybrid should be comparable to the 7-Wood, but I actually seem to hit it longer than the 5-wood. 5-wood would be...
  3. T

Switch from iron to hybrid - rationale?

The Ping G425 hybrids are causing somewhat of a problem for me - I can't choose what to play. I hit my Mizuno irons down to 6 around the same carry distance as the equivalent G425 hybrids, and I enjoy hitting both... Distance gapping is fine, so I am looking at secondary numbers. What would be...
  4. T

SGI vs. Utility Irons

With the lofts of newer SGI irons being much stronger (as low as 20° for a 5-iron), I am wondering whether these are indeed easier to play than utility irons with the same lofts. E.g. would a Titleist T400 #5 be easier or harder to play / more forgiving than U510 #3 with the same loft? Or a...
  5. T

Ultra-Light, higher-launching shafts? (Driver, Fairway, Hybrids)

I'm looking at ultra-light options for moderate swing speed, not only for driver, but also fairway and hybrids. Grand Bassara Beta comes to mind for the driver, but there must be some other options as well? Does anyone know more about the Mizuno Platinum MFusion shafts? They seem to be very...
  6. T

Cleveland Smart Sole 4 - G

Hi, Has anyone tried the Smart Sole 4 - Gap wedge? Any benefit over a 50° CBX 2 wedge?
  7. T

Extra-Large Bag? (Lots of head-covers...)

I'm looking for an extra-large bag as a gift that should be able to hold a set of clubs dominated by woods and hybrids (think 10 head covers). Any recommendations?
Back