Search results for query: *

1. roobs88

Tour Event 2022 PGA Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf

Cam Smith Definitely display. I walk the course, and I ain't carrying that!
  2. roobs88

THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

I have a question on submitting scores I'd like some insight on. I am a member at a club in the UK and have been for about a year now. I have a handicap but it hasn't moved that much since getting it 11 months ago. My club here insists any scored social rounds (ie not in an organised comp) have...
  3. roobs88

Accros

It is good and has helped me target my weaknesses, though there are a few quirks. The most notable is that there is a "smart putting" feature which is on by default, which tries to remote duplicate putts and add in gimme's but in practical use it just doesnt work, and i found as i went on with...
  4. roobs88

What did you shoot today?

Temp greens at my club in Yorkshire (UK). Shot a +14 84 inc two birdies and one hole 5 off the tee (OB right twice..). Handicap of 25 I’m pretty happy with that..! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. roobs88

What is the biggest disagreement you have ever experienced on a golf course..?

I've only got one and it was quite recent (pre christmas) getting stuck as a 3 ball behind a group of 4 older lady members. Playing a 10:30 tee time, the last of 4 ball in front tee'd off at 27 minutes past. Not the best start. When it got to 35 past and we were still watching them take their...
  6. roobs88

Would you rather shoot 62 in a major or 58 in a regular Tour event?

********! Jim is known for that - no one remembers someone scoring well in a major they didn’t win Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. roobs88

Arccos Shot Tracking

On your target line you did miss short, not right Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. roobs88

Tour Event 2021 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf

Dustin Johnson 10.5 regular flex Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. roobs88

Trying to Break 100

My money on an easy 87. Go for it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. roobs88

Legit Handicap?

This should help [emoji4] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. roobs88

What did you shoot today?

Awesome Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. roobs88

Arccos Sensors

I had the same thing. They are activated by light so if not left in your bag they will die very quickly. They recently sent me 6 replacements for the ones that have died, though I fully expect the rest to die soon too. I don’t know why they don’t communicate that loud and often as it’s pretty...
  13. roobs88

Breaking... 100, 90, 80, Par - What are the keys?

This rings true to me - I shot a personal best 80 at the weekend and had one three putt [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. roobs88

Take Your Medicine vs Hero Shot?

I should take my medicine. But too often I play for the miracle shot. Sometimes it works out..! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. roobs88

If you could swap one aspect of your game for a Tour player’s...

Driving. 100%. On the very rare days when I am long and accurate off the tee the game is so much easier. If I had tour level driving that would be next level. It effectively turns most par 4’s into a short par 3 and I can trust my wedges/short irons to take me home. Sent from my iPhone using...
  16. roobs88

Trying to Break 100

So.. I’ve now dipped under 100 3 times in the last month since golf opened in the UK. Shot a 98 once, then a 114, then a 92, then a 101, and yesterday was an 89! Loving my venture into this weird game.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. roobs88

What’s your unicorn club?

My Callaway rogue 3 wood. I can’t hit a driver without a mega slice for some reason, though I can smoke a 3 wood more than far enough and 9/10 times straight as you like. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. roobs88

Trying to Break 100

So having recently joined a club all my rounds are on the same course. After my first dip under 100 ever (98 recently), I’ve since shot 114, 105 and last time out from nowhere a 92! Ninety Two! This is a weird old game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. roobs88

How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

One. My first birdie of the year (though golf only opened again less than a Month ago here in UK!) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. roobs88

Playing Out of a Divot?

My club has implemented a bunker rule whereby you can move the ball up to 6 inches due to there being no rakes (covid). Definitely helps when landing in a footprint! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back