Search results for query: *

1. jfox789

My round with a tour pro

This afternoon, I had a cool experience getting to play with a young guy who has been bouncing around the PGA. He recently finished second in an event and had played in the USO here in LA last year. For context, I was invited to play as a third (we didn't have a fourth), and my home course in...
  2. jfox789

For Sale Apex 21 Irons + Shot Scope Sensors & H4 GPS

4-A Apex 21 Irons + 14 Arcoss Sensors & Tag GPS Modus 105 S Shafts Right Handed Standard Length, Standard Loft, 2 flat 4i has a different grip. Everything else is crosslines $575 for AC, $600 else
  3. jfox789

For Sale ZNE Wedge Shaft

ZNE Wedge Shaft. Played it stock length in my 52 SM8. Got new wedges and wanted to match my set so getting rid of this for for a good price. Plays 35.5 installed in an SM8 wedge $75 shipped for AC, $90 else
  4. jfox789

Ball Fittings

I just got home from a ball fitting and highly recommend everyone go out and try a ball fitting! My club does regular fittings, and today offered a ball fitting with a Titleist rep. Believe it or not, I gained 12 yards off the tee and 8 yards with my 7i! My normal ball is completely wrong. My...
  5. jfox789

PSA: Get your putter lofts and lie angles checked!

I brought in two putters this afternoon to my local shop. One putter has never touched a ball, still had the plastic on, and the other has seen a lot of recent travel. The brand new putter was off by 2 degrees of loft. The tech said he sees this all the time from this major manufacturer. The...
  6. jfox789

For Sale Shaft Sale

Brava BGT X - Titleist Adapter Played in my TSR3 Driver at standard length. Shaft is 44.625 inches - $200 Graphite Design Tour AD GP 7S - Taylormade Adapter Played in my BRNR Mini driver at standard length also works for a wood. Stamped TM Custom. Shaft is 42.5 inches- $100 UST Mamiya Proforce...
  7. jfox789

Worse Ball Scramble - Have you played it?

Played by myself this afternoon, played 2 balls, and always chose the worse ball like a reverse scramble format. One of the hardest golf challenges I have played. Super easy to make a bogey+ but very fun! Rory said that he knows he is playing well when he can shoot under par, playing a 2-ball...
  8. jfox789

How do you get your alignment square?

I was at the range this week and someone pointed out my feet were way right and shoulders way left. As soon as I squared things up I was hitting much better. How do you make sure you’re aligned putting or swinging?
  9. jfox789

For Sale Swag - Don't Give A Putt - Big Ben Leather Mackenzie Sunday Bag

Brand new DGAP Sunday bag made by Mackenzie. Asking $800 for AC and $850 non-AC members.
  10. jfox789

For Sale Taylormade BRNR 13.5* stiff shaft right handed

Taylormade Brnr 13.5* stiff shaft right handed $400 Looks brand new. Only hit a few balls and decided to go with the lower loft.
  11. jfox789

For Sale Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 2021 Right Handed 35 inch with Super Stroke Grip

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 2021 Right Handed 35 inch with Super Stroke Grip SOLD
  12. jfox789

Seeking Recommendations - Best leather walking bag

Hello! I am contemplating a new bag and love how sleek a lot of the new leather bags are. I walk most courses, push or carry, so must be a good walking bag. Let’s hear your recommendations! Thanks in advance!
  13. jfox789

Help me Spend my Pro Shop Credit!

I have a few hundred dollars in credit to my local club from men's club play. I love my current setup and don't feel like I need anything, but I am moving out of town next month, and my shop has a rule all orders must be picked up in person, so I feel compelled to buy something. They can order...
  14. jfox789

Are high-end shafts worth it for the average golfer?

Before I get into this, I want to acknowledge that this may get some shade (and that is OK), but hear me out, and yes, I did pay for and play custom shafts in my current setup. So I have made friends with the new golf store owner in my town, and this afternoon he prompted me to hit the Stealth...
  15. jfox789

Solo golf trips?

I am thinking about doing a solo golf trip up the CA coast, mostly Monterey and Santa Cruz area. I am somewhat on the fence about going to nice courses and getting randomly paired up. Does anyone else do this? Is it worth it?
  16. jfox789

The Masters sends out an invite to the wrong Scott Stallings!

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35365561/masters-mistakenly-sends-invitation-wrong-scott-stallings I would have shown up!
  17. jfox789

For Sale 2022 Graphite Design UB 6X Driver and UB7X 3 Wood Shafts Titleist Tip

Selling 2022 Graphite Design UB 6X Driver and UB7X 3 Wood Shafts with a Titleist Tip The UB 6X was ordered from People's Golf, and the 7X from Titleist. The 6X plays stock length for the TSR driver, and the 7X is stock for the TSR 3 or 4 wood. $200 each shipped for AC Members, $210 else.
  18. jfox789

Next Golf Tour

Anyone heard of this yet? Looks awesome if you have accessible access to a trackman simulator. https://www.nextgolftour.com/schedule
  19. jfox789

WTB Oban Kiyoshi White and LA A Series shafts

Looking to buy some shafts! Hit me up (if you have the exact shaft for sale)! Titleist Adapter- • Driver - Oban Kiyoshi White 65 X (05) • 4 Wood - LA Golf A Series Low 70 Wood 4(S) • 4 Wood - Oban Kiyoshi White 75 S (04)
  20. jfox789

What golf ball is this?

Was hitting at the range, and almost my entire bag of balls was filled with these. I assume these are ProVs?
Back