Search results for query: *

1. FairwayGreen

Do you remove old grip tape?

Always remove, Heat Gun 100% and never had an issue. Clean up residue with mineral spirits. In most cases it takes 1-2 actual minutes to remove tape, the heat gun saves the day. The older the tape, the longer it will take to remove without the heat gun.
  2. FairwayGreen

USGA Method for measuring club length.

The majority of clubs in your average golf bag are greater than 60* lie angle, which makes the USGA Method not great for building, especially if you have tight tolerances for playing length and SW. I built irons using the USGA 60* thing and the lengths were off (long) and that threw off SWs...
  3. FairwayGreen

Who remembers Golfsmith?

One of the best pre-owned sections the last few years in the HQ store, and even the couple others I had been to. The semi-annual tent sales, the driving range with huge artificial turf putting green and short game area...nothing like it anymore. Even in Austin we have a PGATSS and a golf galaxy...
  4. FairwayGreen

Hosel cleaning alternatives

The stem on the tip prevent the wires from going all the way in the hosel. I use the hosel brushes and I keep buying them, each one lasts about 20 heads. Before that, I also use a rotary cutting but on a dremel or even a drill. Cleans it out real nice. After both the above clean with...
  5. FairwayGreen

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Is there a face height difference between the Stealth, Stealth Plus ,and Stealth HD? (like there was in the SIM2, Max, and D? D was deepest, Max was middle and Sim2 was the shallowest. Tried searching online and on THP and couldn't find anything.
  6. FairwayGreen

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Acknowledged
  7. FairwayGreen

Grip or shaft, which comes first?

Shaft then grip. IF you have a grip on a shaft, then pierce the tape on the butt end throught he grip air hole. You want the air to escape when putting the epoxied head on the shaft. Without that the air pressure can push the head back out.
  8. FairwayGreen

lmao, imagine discussing a half-arsed exhibition golf tour used as a money laundering front for trading national security secrets and trying to "KeEp PoLiTiCs OuT oF iT" If there is is any truth to the link between all this, and Trump isn't just some benevolent host of two LIV events, then this...
  9. FairwayGreen

Least favorites to watch on TV...?

Cantlay / Hossler / English (Although, pulling for English to recover to his old form since his injury). - It's not a personal thing, they just seem robotic. LPGA - No golfer that's least fave. Lexi can be fave and least fave at same time depending on how she's playing Champions - No least fave...
  10. FairwayGreen

Temperature epoxy breaks?

I've had quick set golf epoxy break down after clubs were left in a hot car (~150*) for a few days. The epoxy may have been old or expired to begin with but 300 will absolutely break down most golf epoxies.
  11. FairwayGreen

There is no free lunch. Even if it appears the Saudi's "have unlimited money for sportswashing"
  12. FairwayGreen

Buy Whole or Build Driver

You can save money, but you'll probably be buying a whole driver with a stock shaft to start with. I have built drivers based on fittings for people where we got the head or club on ebay in Great or mint used condition with a different shaft, and purchased the fitted shaft also on ebay. You...
  13. FairwayGreen

Best Course You've Played In Your Life

Loch Lomond and Gleneagles in Scotland
  14. FairwayGreen

Fans and videos of players

Incorrect. Modern social media layouts actually make portrait mode the preferred filming orientation (Insta reels, stories).
  15. FairwayGreen

They are watched all the time on people's instagram stories or snapchat. Prior to these things though, they were just crappy youtube videos that no one watched.
  16. FairwayGreen

Because before insta stories and snapchat no one cared about these videos people would take at sporting events or concerts. Usually they were also of terrible quality. Now they are watched more because of stories/snapchat. They're also used as a way of the person taking the video to flex thru...
  17. FairwayGreen

It's because of Instagram stories/Facebook stories/snapchat. 15 years ago, filming portions of a concert or something was ridiculous. No one wants to see your videos on youtube and you'll never really watch it afterwards... But with snapchat, and then Insta stories, plus the improved quality...
  18. FairwayGreen

Epoxy fast or long cure

I have quick set and just mix a batch for every club. All the prep and dry fit done before hand, last step is mix and install and set. I've only once had to re-do it for forgetting a tip weight.
  19. FairwayGreen

Cobra t rail

Done it on the 2012 Hybrids. one bent 2 flat okay, but the other when i got to 1.5* or so, there was a bend near the neck that broke the seam between face and neck. I can totally see why Cobra only wants them sent back.
  20. FairwayGreen

Club build mistakes - what's your silliest?

Had two driver shafts to do for two different people, a Graphite Design BB-6 and and MT-7 for the other guy. MT-7 wanted 1" tip...I went and tipped the BB-6 by mistake. 3 week delay and $300 mistake. as far as my own clubs, hasn't been too much other than forgetting a tip weight or forgetting...
Back