Search results for query: *

1. ccjimmy2001

Checklist for golf trip? What am I missing?

One month until a golf trip to Pinehurst. Help me figure out what I’m missing (aside from the obvious stuff like golf clubs and balls). Speaker for music Rain gear (just in case) Koozies Electrolyte/hydration packets 50ml shooters Any other must haves? Or perhaps some small touches to...
  2. ccjimmy2001

New Orlando golf resort —- AWESOME

Evermore resort just outside of Orlando (25 min from airport). Apparently it’s been there for a while, but they just re-did the entire thing. It opened 2 weeks ago and I stayed there the last 2 days and it’s AWESOME. They have 2 full-length courses onsite that are so completely different: 1...
  3. ccjimmy2001

Craziest thing you’ve seen on the course?

If you follow ZireGolf on Instagram, you’ve seen some of the crazy events/sights on the golf course that people have captured on their cell phones. Fires, carts flipping over, fights, etc. Yesterday I was golfing in Los Angeles and was blown away by the fearlessness of the squirrels. See...
  4. ccjimmy2001

Links Golf Official — anyone tried it?

I got served an IG ad for something called Links Golf Official. In short, it claims that by purchasing a membership you’ll gain access to private clubs to you couldn’t otherwise get on. Sounds interesting. I went down the Reddit wormhole and from what I can tell, sounds like they somehow...
  5. ccjimmy2001

Called weather golf: myths or facts?

It will be 32° when I tee off tomorrow morning, which has me completely overthinking every aspect of golf preparation. In honor of that, I wanted to share various tidbits about cold-weather golf I’ve heard over the years to see if any of you fellow Hackers can help me ascertain which ones are...
  6. ccjimmy2001

Any Myrtle Beach Recos?

I’m headed to Myrtle Beach tomorrow for a few days of golf with some buddies, and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Besides golf — any recos on must-see things, fun bar areas, etc?
  7. ccjimmy2001

50/50 raffles at charity golf outings — WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!

Every charity golf outing I’ve been to features a 50/50 fundraising raffle. I always enter, but always hope I DON’T win because I’m not sure if you’re supposed to “not accept” the winnings, and donate it all back to the charity. I’ve seen some people do that, but not all.
  8. ccjimmy2001

Game Improvement vs Players irons

I consider myself to be a pretty decent golfer. I hit plenty of good shots throughout a round, I am capable of a birdie at any time (though usually it ends up being a bogey) — what hurts my scoring, like many others, is the lack of consistency. 2 tee shots sliced OB, thinking or chunking 3...
  9. ccjimmy2001

Swing fatigue: is it a thing?

Generally speaking, I tend to drive the ball pretty well on the front nine. Back nine? A high, lame slice off the tee, every time. Mental? Maybe. Swing fatigue of some sort? It seems rational. Anyone else deal with this?
  10. ccjimmy2001

Is there any feeling better than this?

Seriously. Wedding day? Arrival of new child? Sex? Anything with peanut butter? I’d put the feeling of new clubs arriving at your doorstep right there with any of those. This video is about 2 years old, but still puts me in an amazing mood anytime I watch it. @JasonFinleyCG @AT_CG
  11. ccjimmy2001

Grip weight questions

It’s kind of a long story, but the short version is that I was just given an Autoflex driver shaft at no cost so I’m getting a new adaptor put in and am gonna try it out. someone told me, “you may want to change your grip weight.” I never even considered that grip weight might have an impact...
  12. ccjimmy2001

Ventus shaft question (3 wood vs driver)

Fellow Hackers, I game a Ventus TR Velo Black 6S driver shaft. I’m currently using my stock 3wood shaft and may upgrade to a Ventus. Here’s my question: when buying the 3 wood shaft, would I still be 6S? Or do I need to go to 7S if I want my 3 wood shaft to be about 10g heavier? Asked...
  13. ccjimmy2001

Back pain for golfers — the worst

I’m getting old. As much as I try to deny it, as hard as I work to avoid it, it’s a truth I’m reminded of every 9 months or so when my “throw out my back” doing something random. I suppose it’s technically “back spasms” and for whatever reason seems to happen a week before some fun golf is...
  14. ccjimmy2001

Any recos on cold weather golf jacket?

I live in NJ and typically for winter golf I wear layer upon layer upon layer. Thinking about instead getting a nice, warm (but not restrictive) golf jacket this year so I don’t have to rock so many layers. I’ve found two that look pretty solid; would love to hear thoughts/feedback from any...
  15. ccjimmy2001

Why are golf apparel sizes so inconsistent? (And a Rhoback question)

Anyone else ever notice how wildly inconsistent golf apparel sizing is? I bought a Footjoy polo in XL and it’s baggy on me; a Peter Millar XXL was a tad snug. Why can’t they all just use the same damn sizing and make it easier on us consumers?! A perfect segue… I received a gift card for...
  16. ccjimmy2001

WTB LH Toulon Atlanta putter and/or Callaway Rogue ST 3 wood

Hey THPers — as the headline says, I’m a lefty looking for a Toulon Atlanta putter and/or a Callaway Rogue St (or St Max) 3wood.
  17. ccjimmy2001

Do you ever get fitted… again?

You’re going to buy a new set of clubs so you get fitted (fit?) for them. A year later, you go through some swing changes: maybe it’s after some lessons, or maybe you’ve just suffered through a case of the shanks and have come out with a slightly tweaked swing. Should you get re-fit now that...
  18. ccjimmy2001

Wildly inconsistent?

One day I’ll shoot low 80s, and the next time out I’ll shoot 100. I’m a Jeckyll and Hyde golfer and never know which is going to show up. Is this one of those “that’s golf” things, and some of you experiende this level of variance too? Or am I a sad anomaly?
  19. ccjimmy2001

Joggers with belt loops?

Let me preface by saying: I realize joggers are a bit… polarizing. This post isn’t to debate the merit of them; but rather to get some recos from people with more intel than myself. So, if you have some golf joggers that you like, I’d love to hear which ones! I definitely want a pair with...
  20. ccjimmy2001

Christmas Gift Ideas?

I know, I know… it’s only October. But my wife is already pressing me to give her my Christmas list and I need help with some golfy ideas! Doesn’t need to be anything big like a new set — accessories or clothes are fine. I was thinking “winter golf gloves” but from the reviews I’ve read, sounds...
Back