Search results for query: *

1. keto

The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I listened to the pregame, as I was on a long drive (that lasted until end 2nd). Heard repeatedly that the Caps are old and slow but defensively responsible and getting good 'tending, and of course repeated mention of the 6% PP. Oilers sounded/looked more like last year's team, maybe McD is...
  2. keto

Oilers have been hard to watch, and deserve their record. Last or next to in sv%, and it is the entire team but definitely including all 3 goalies, and entirely the fault of the GM. Plan A is that Campbell plays his head into shape in the minors. He pitched a shutout last night. But way too...
  3. keto

Oilers 1-5-1. Played a tighter game, kept a lot to the outside, got behind and chased. NYR 3-0, Quick with a shutout (59) that puts him top 20 all time.
  4. keto

DeBrincat 9! Wings hot! Oilers score their first (1st) 3rd period goal of the year. And give up 5 in thr 3rd, mostly not Campbell’s fault. He had a GREAT first 2 periods, and made some quality saves in 3, but we give up sooooo many quality chances. No clue how to play team d. Terrible awful...
  5. keto

Ignore this headline, or not, whatever, but it's a multi pronged article and the last item discusses Carlsson. https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/insider-trading-nhl-rescinds-rule-banning-pride-tape-1.2025351
  6. keto

Tush push

I took a real good look at it for the first time last night, looked like a winner to me, nothing illegal barring some obscure formation rule or ?? A very well executed short yardage play, using mass as a weapon. Love it.
  7. keto

No official word yet, probably a pull/small tear from what I'm reading. Days, not weeks. He heals freaky fast too, he's shown repeatedly.
  8. keto

Oilers 1-3-1. McDavid hurt and didnt play in OT. Kane with an editorial against the coach during intermisison interview, this from a guy with no points and looks like he got 10 years older in the past 6 months. Both goals in last night's loss by D-men. Our forward group has something like 2-3...
  9. keto

NEWS OWGR Says No to LIV Golf

There have been exclusionary rival leagues in other sports at least somewhat comparable, though team sports it's still individuals ultimately. Until they can come together, they're not going to see eye to eye on this stuff, and tough crap....less money for the non LIV guys, less prestige for...
  10. keto

Drai with 4 pts tonight, 34 in his last 12(!) games vs Preds. In those 12 games, the Preds have 28 goals, crazy. Set the franchise record with his 127th pp goal. 6-1 final, Campbell was actually great, over 40 saves and kept us in it early, stayed strong to the end. Got a bunch of 5v5 goals...
  11. keto

5-1 Oilers halfway thru 2. Find a highlight of McD’s goal if you can….he gets spun down crossing the blue line, spins back up in the same motion and takes the loose puck stick to goal in a flash.
  12. keto

Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

I gotta see if heads are in locally, I imagine they must be, the fitting pro was supposed to call me. My swing was trash the first day with him, maybe he doesnt want to see me back? jk, it's a local independent, I'm good for a set of irons every year or 2, and lots of misc inbetween.
  13. keto

Oilers teeing off in 1/2 hour, looking for their 1st win in Nashville, against a team they've wholely dominated the last few years. Coach has put Drai with McD tonight, to try inspire some 5v5 scoring, we have 1 in 2 games.
  14. keto

Dammit, Oilers apparently going to run McDavid and Draisaitl on 1 line. Huge mistake. Woodcroft doing what all the last 5 (I made that number up, I think it might be more) coaches before him did, they all lost their jobs. Forward strength is not this team's issue. Having enough faith to give...
  15. keto

PING G430 Drivers

Shot my best round in many years (81) using the new shaft in my Max. Stiff is generally too much for me, but has worked well for a few years in driver. I hit 8/14 and of the 6 most of the rest were decent. There was a howling wind and I overcut a couple on the wind. I hit a couple way out on...
  16. keto

Werenski with a MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE! fine. $5k what a joke, not for this offense, I mean in general. https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-flyers-garnet-hathaway-fined-for-knee-on-columbus-blue-jackets-zach-werenski-1.2020518?collectionId=TSN%2FRECS%2FMIX%2FRFY
  17. keto

How about that effort from the Oilers last night? Against a Canucks team so badly riddled with flu that goalie Demko threw up in his mask just before being pulled. Edmonton looked like a junior team. Lots of talk about their new defensive scheme, just a joke. Same problem for the last 15...
  18. keto

Why? On what basis? -LIV has good golfers -LIV has some not so good, not really competitive golfers. That were invited in, not having to 'play for their place'. Is, to my knowledge, the only org with this structure. -the good golfers compete against the bad golfers, and are to earn world points...
  19. keto

...that they earned their way into through regular OPEN competition? See above, they earned their way in. It's part of the season. No guarantees for anyone trying to get there. Rory was trying to win, can you not see the difference? He gave his putt a chance, the other example did not try...
  20. keto

PING G430 Drivers

I got a 55g 6.0 S EvenFlow tipped Ping, that had been in my Epic Flash. Got it done a couple weeks ago, but never got a chance to range session until today. It’s about 3/4“ shorter than the stock CB55g R, not sure if that’s the only factor, but I was putting some strong consistent moves on it...
Back