Search results for query: *

1. CorvetteGuy

Could you beat him straight up ? no strokes given

Not meant to be political so no political comments please. Just wondering from all the news about Donald Trumps golf capabilities and his 19 Club Championships. Do you think you could beat him in MAtch Play straight up? (if ,,,of course --- both you played by USGA rules - so no need to comment...
  2. CorvetteGuy

Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

Last Friday we had a men's club event... the 3 guys with which I was grouped, show up at the Tee Box - One has a Callaway Smoke Driver, the other a Callaway Paradym, 3rd guy has a Ping 4XX, and then me with my Titleist, - we all hit nice shots down the middle and long.. and as we walk off, I...
  3. CorvetteGuy

Anyone playing Avian Clubs?

They look nice - since they are made in my hometown -- may have to try them out sometime.
  4. CorvetteGuy

Match Play on the Putting Practice Green

Any of you ever play a Match just on the putting green while waiting for your Tee Time..? It is good practice. Challenge one of your playing partners to the game. One starts by picking the hole you putt to.. Lowest number of putts wins the hole - next hole is picked by alternating between the...
  5. CorvetteGuy

How about a fun What Club Game today?

so for this question the format is 14 different golf games.. 14 clubs in the bag but added in one at a time. so 1st game is only 1 club in the bag, 2nd game you get to pick 2 clubs, 3rd game you get to pick 3 clubs and so on till we finish 14 games with 14 clubs. so I will start. What cha got...
  6. CorvetteGuy

Beat this number sequence.

Played Washington National Golf course today - this day is 7 days after my 77th birthday and I shot a 77 today. And we are having dinner at 7 pm tonight.
  7. CorvetteGuy

How does it know?

When you drop something you need -- and it falls on the floor. How does it know where the most inaccessible place for it go?
  8. CorvetteGuy

When I was a young boy photo

9. CorvetteGuy

This was a sad day on the golf course

Next Friday I turn 77 yr old.. today we had a club stroke play tournament. I was even par after 10 holes. then it got a little cold and we had to wait for the group ahead.. body starts to seize up, and I bogie a couple of holes. We get to hole 18 and I am looking at shooting my age for the...
  10. CorvetteGuy

3 Different Drivers - 3 Different Shafts

Spent the day at the course tuning and changing and trying several shafts and setting up my Titleist and Callaway B21 and Callaway Rogue for the Seattle wet winter golf. What is odd to some extent - each driver head plays totally different with each shaft I tried.. so I ended up with a Tensei...
  11. CorvetteGuy

Golf on New Years day

My wish for 2024 is to play more golf - only 150 rounds in 2023 .. here is my first day
  12. CorvetteGuy

1 man scramble golf tourney

we have one or two of these a year in our club.. this format was a 1 man scramble but 3 shots maximum per hole.. I shot a gross 60 - Net 56 for 16 shots under my age. How's is that for ringing out the New Year???
  13. CorvetteGuy

Golf stories that make you smile or go WTF? And the 50% rule

A bit of background , I play in about 70 golf tournaments a year, Individual Stroke play, Match Play and many Pro- Ams, and am on the rules committee at one of my clubs. I see a lot of rules violations and or improper interpretation of a golf rule. In this particular tournament I was with a...
  14. CorvetteGuy

Who swings to hard ?

I am 77 yr old and play about 5 times a week.: so in my way of thinking swinging the driver off the Tee - there are those that swing hard and those that swing fast. I swing as fast as I can but not hard. I played with several guys this week.. they were 55-65 yr old, two of them swing very...
  15. CorvetteGuy

That B21 Callaway Driver just won't fail..

I have Ping, Titleist TSi , Titleist TSR, Rogue Callaway Drivers.. and they are all nice and hit well but even with the same exact shaft in each , The B21 is always the big performer. It is more accurate, more forgiving, nice launch angle, longer distance... and best of all - the better...
  16. CorvetteGuy

Thoughts on Ping's turbulators

Been a Ping wood fan for many years - and when they came out the turbulators and all the Spyder Web Dragon fly stuff on top -- I had to find something else. it was very distracting to my eye - just wondering if any of you feel the same or do you like today's Ping's Driver. I was glad to see they...
  17. CorvetteGuy

Golfing compared to Skiing/Snowboarding

It is odd that Skiing/Snowboarding is so similar to Golf. Getting Fit, Getting Lessons, going to the Hill/Course, Individual Sport, Expensive, Never have enough Equipment, Weather related or seasonal, Ski Patrol/Course Marshalls Players assistants, both have ProShops, every year new equipment...
  18. CorvetteGuy

Matching Colors of the Driver Head to the Shaft colors.

Anyone else out there that like color matching set ups..? I did not like the orange swoop thingy on the Driver head cuz it did not go with the Silver Helium printing on the shaft so I had to paint the Swoop Silver to match. Now it does not hurt the eyes at address. before and after photos:
  19. CorvetteGuy

Anyone have prettier golf clubs than these???

some of my favorites.. they still hit well too!
Back