Search results for query: *

1. T

Straight down shoes

Buy a pair of foot joy traditions. Full grain leather at half the price
  2. T

Driver loft?

I am a non believer in being able to change loft. All your doing is changing the angle the shaft goes into the head. Mess around and see witch face angle looks best to you
  3. T

Carbon Fiber Face

Just a case of trying to make a cheaper to produce product. Plastic and fiber is much cheaper than titanium. No different than companies charging 150 dollars for vinyl shoes.
  4. T

Backwards hats on the course, does it bother you?

I’m talking about 14 years old
  5. T

Backwards hats on the course, does it bother you?

Only if your 14 or under
  6. T

How are you cooking your turkey next week?

In the oven. Butterball turkey the best
  7. T

Favorite Breakfast Sandwich

Fried egg sausage and grape jelly on a fresh ltalian roll
  8. T

Playoff scores too low

I don’t care for 30 under. I’d like to see them play courses that require shot making ‘ fades and draws of the tee, a good variety of iron shots. I like a football game played in football weather conditions. A team like Alabama won’t schedule a non conference opponent that plays in a cold...
  9. T

Playing with Beginners

Try going out in the late afternoon when the crowd thins out. You can beat balls all bay off a mat but there’s no substitute for learning on the course. If you get to go out by yourself that’s the best. Forget score and drop a ball after a bad shot and try it again. Just keep looking back and...
  10. T

Would appreciate any help on how to stop hitting behind the ball with my irons...

Swing may be too up and down V shaped like chopping wood. That also stops the left arm from staying firm. Try taking your club back flatter, put a tee a foot behind your club and try to clip it on the way back.
  11. T

Should golf be respected?

Unfortunately it’s not just golf. Went to a Holy Communion ceremony in the beautiful historic church I attend and a participant shows up in cargo shorts and flip flops. Why do people not want to look and feel appropriate at any public function? Are any of the clothes they buy that uncomfortable...
  12. T

What is your diet as a golfer?

Just eat balanced meals and most will be fine.
  13. T

What putter cover are you using?

A blue one to match my bag
  14. T

How much have clubs progressed since 2012?

All jacked lofts did was change the number on the sole to pump up egos and sell more clubs. Seems all the new tech is aimed towards high swing speed to take advantage of the improvements. I believe any player swinging an iron under 80 mph is better off with traditional lofts.
  15. T

The Bryson Affect at the US AM. Players Taking crazy lines off the tee

The answer isn’t moving tees back, it’s moving tees left or right. Make players shape the drive. If the tee is close enough to a tree line you take away the angle of going over the trees, make them hit a fade or draw if they want to cheat a dog leg. If they can hit a 330 fade around a corner...
  16. T

Your Focus - Eyes, Ball

I do the same thing . I pick a spot about 6 inches on my line and try to get the putter head there square.
  17. T

New Sqairz Speed Shoes

Not debating the benefits of Squarz. Just saying for 200 bucks a Vinyl upper? I would think at that price point you would get a leather shoe. I have never bought vinyl shoes. They’re 19.99 Walmart stuff
  18. T

New Sqairz Speed Shoes

Just bought a pair of foot joy traditions. Full grain leather, waterproof welting, wide width available for 129 bucks. Love em
  19. T

Will Executive Courses Make a Comeback?

When public players plop down a green fee they want to hit the driver. 5500 yard compact courses on under 100 acres is the way to go.
Back