Search results for query: *

1. jmix18

Memberships - what do you look for?

Wife and I are discussing whether we go to a new course this coming year. It's a bit of a mind-F as I'm not sure what I want to do yet. When you're looking at joining a new course or staying at the old one - what are you looking for? What sways you? What are your non-negotiables? Let me...
  2. jmix18

Pondering Graphite Shafts

Begining to think about moving to graphite shafts in the coming year. Really for two reasons - I'm interested to see what they're like. And... Been told that they're easier on the body and swing. Issue at hand is I'm not sure what to look at or even where to start. Current setup: DGX100...
  3. jmix18

Vermillion, Sd Course Recs

Heading to Vermillion, SD tomorrow night and will be there Monday/Tuesday. Then heading to Sioux Falls, SD on Wednesday afternoon. Any course recommendations or THPers that are around and able to play?
  4. jmix18

Wichita, KS recommendations

Going to be in Wichita, KS next weekend and will have copious amounts of time to do things as my oldest will be at a volleyball camp 10 am to 8 am on Sat, and 8 - 4 pm on Sunday. Any recommendations on courses to play? Any THPers down there that might be interested in getting out? Thanks...
  5. jmix18

2023 Super Bowl commercials

Winners and losers. All your thoughts here.
  6. jmix18

Glazed Donut Burger - would you?

Would you try it?
  7. jmix18

What are you hoping to get for holiday festivities?

Was having a convo with others today and thought it's a great time to bring this up. What are you hoping to get for holiday festivities? Golf and non-golf related.
  8. jmix18

Airports - Your worst... and your best

For those that have been in airports - which ones are "The Worst" and which ones would you say are the best?
  9. jmix18

Superstitions - what are yours?

Coming fresh off of Off Course in talking superstitions.... Do you have any superstitions when you're playing golf? How about in other things you do?
  10. jmix18

THP Experience Vet's Advice for Rookies

For those that are THP Experience veterans, what pieces of advice do you have for our THP Experience Rookies? I bring this up as I reflect upon my own recent experience and the nerves I felt just following the MC. Reflecting back on my time at Sawgrass, I can now say that I was a mess of...
  11. jmix18

What have you learned about your game this year?

With the golf season coming to a proverbial end in the north country - looking back on the year - What have you learned about your game and yourself this year? Are you happy with the progress? what were your highs, your lows, and your WTF’s?
  12. jmix18

For Sale Shaftapolooza - Various Shafts for Sale

I have a variety of shafts for sale - well some HZRDUS and a Ventus TR. Feel free to DM me if you're interested or have questions. (My first big try on selling some things so please let me know if I’m missing anything or you have any questions.) 1. HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Driver Shaft. 43.25...
  13. jmix18

Post your favorite golf course logo.

All this talk of logos and pro shops got me wondering about your favorite golf course logo. Which is your favorite? Post it. If you’re a member somewhere - post that too. let’s see those logos out there.
  14. jmix18

What makes a Pro Shop good?

In your opinion- what makes a pro shop a good one and a place you’d spend some dough at? What do they offer that others don’t?
  15. jmix18

What would you rather have - HIO or Albatross on par 5?

If you had to choose, would you rather have a HIO or an Albatross on a par 5? I ask because I dropped an Albatross on my last shot of the day in our club champ this weekend. 220 out, hit 4 iron... rolled in for a duece. Everyone was super excited about it and many said it's more exciting than...
  16. jmix18

2022 Club Championship Thread

Does your course have one? Are you playing in it? If so - How'd you do?
  17. jmix18

Pensacola, FL course recommendations

Heading to Pensacola for a few days this week. Any course recommendations? Should be able to get out towards the evening time Tuesday and Wednesday.
  18. jmix18

What’s the longest you’ve went without a 3-putt?

Pretty simple - What’s the longest you’ve went (rounds or holes) without 3-putting?
  19. jmix18

Lessons - Jmix18's progress

TLDR: I decided I'm going to get some lessons to iron out some things with my irons... Background - 45 years old - MN born. Only really been playing golf for about the last 8 years. While I played a bit when I lived in SoCal - I really never invested much into it as I was playing baseball...
  20. jmix18

Pre-golf Routines

What’s your pre-golf routine? Are you an early arrival person or do you typically come in hot? If you hit the range first, How do you know you’re ready to go? Are you social, shaking hands and kissing babies as you putt, or are you locked in focused on speed and stroke?
Back