Search results for query: *

1. G

Order of importance… (to you).

Weather Playing Partners Pace Bad weather ruins everything.
  2. G

Playing with back pain?

I had a spinal fusion years ago, and have a pretty bad case of arthritis in my lower back and knees. I'm still playing. I take two arthritis strength tylenol prior to the round and apply ICY HOT on my back prior to the round. I'm 76 years old and golf is still enjoyable, but after about 12-13...
  3. G

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 4 – Win a RevCore Golf Bag

Like the black bag. Replacing a Sun Mountain cart bag.
  4. G

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 3 – Win a Mizuno ST-G Driver

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver 10.5 Degree Ventus Blue
  5. G

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2 – Win a Callaway Apex Pro Irons

Love those irons I’ll be replacing Ping G25 irons.
  6. G

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 1 – Win a Cobra AeroJet Driver

Aero Max I2 degree senior shaft. Replacing Taylor Made 3 year old driver.
  7. G

Do you drive the ball further today than you did 10 years ago?

At 75 years old I'm hitting my driver at least 50-60 yards less than I did 10 years ago. Its a combination of spine surgery, arthritis, and age.
  8. G

Have you ever played with a Tour Pro? What was the experience like?

Years ago I played along with a contractor who was getting a 9 hole playing lesson being given by Peter Oosterhuis. He played his own ball and casually scored 2 under for 9 holes. Every drive straight, every approach on the green, and great putting. It was a revelation how easy this game can be.
  9. G

If you could hit one club like a tour pro every time which one would it be?

Driver for sure. Imagine hitting a wedge or short iron into most par 4's, and a mid iron into some par 5's. Especially, since at 76, I'm hitting from the Senior Tees. LOL
  10. G

Pyramid Putter

I've been having putting issues with my two Odyssey Versa putters, (a 2-ball and blade-type). I'd gotten a Pyramid putter a few years ago and never did give it a chance, but decided to game it. Surprisingly my putting improved - my lags are better as well as my putts within 10 feet. I hope its...
  11. G

The ball “rollback” option...

Smaller driver head makes no difference to the pro's - they hit their 3 wood 285+ anyway. I seem to remember Taylor Made had a "mini" driver years ago and the pro's killed the ball with it. Rolling back the golf ball? Why? I didn't hear JN complaining when as a younger player he was outdriving...
  12. G

Because there are never posts about pace...

The course I play is close to a seaside vacation area. The past couple of years, with the pandemic and aftermath, the course was never crowded. This year, however, it is packed. In the Summer we tee off early to beat the Summer heat and humidity, but the last few times we've played, we got...
  13. G

What would it take…

Cost and location. I'm assuming most courses are "decent." Right now the course I play is about 3 miles from home and SO convenient.
  14. G

Is it okay to hit two balls when playing as a single on a crowded course

I think you can hit as many as you want as long as you clean up after yourself, and you don't hold anyone up.
  15. G

What’s your 100 yard shot/club?

I'm going with a nice, smooth 9-iron. At 75 years old the ball doesn't "pop" off the clubface like it used to.
  16. G

Over 60... how much do you play?

I'm 75 with arthritic knees and back. Twice a week is the norm - I need at least a day between rounds to recuperate. This week I'll play 3 times (M-W-F) because the weather is ideal, but I'll pay the price over the weekend with soreness!
  17. G

Cost of Senior Public golf in your area?

Around me, the costs vary. There are courses that charge $1800/year for Monday-Friday golf, which includes greens fees and cart. Other courses offer about the same thing for up to $3700/year. There are also a bunch of different options and variations available.
  18. G

What’s your golf end game?

I want to enjoy the round and not irritate my arthritic knees or back.
Back