Search results for query: *

1. Coloradomrg

San Diego - St. Patty's Day (3/17/24)

Would like a recommendation for a decent course in the area. We'll be in town for a convention, bringing clients but don't want to break the bank (so not Torrey unfortunately). We're at the convention center, so something not too far away might be nice. Won't get to tee off until around noon...
  2. Coloradomrg

WWYO Yardbird Brunch

3. Coloradomrg

Work vacation policy

Another thread triggered this thought. @ttucliffhanger described his company policy, and someone else mentioned it was generous. My thought is that vacation limits are old school, and not needed. My company did away with limits on "vacation" and "sick" time a few years ago. We now have DTO...
  4. Coloradomrg

WWYO Trio tap house Hays, Ks

Started with an Amber beer made locally.
  5. Coloradomrg

Another shout out to Callaway customer service

I was playing a round early this month, and hit a shot that sounded weird and flew weird with my 3W. Upon inspection it looked like the ferrule cracked at some point. Not sure if it was that shot or another but put the club away for the round. Had the pro shop guys look at it after the round...
  6. Coloradomrg

San Antonio Aug. 5th 2023

I'll be in San Antonio 8/4-8/9 for a conference and have set aside 8/5 for golf. Will have a vendor with me, so looking for somewhere nice but not too overpriced. We're staying near the convention center, and will have to uber around so that might play into where we can play too. Given the...
  7. Coloradomrg

MagSafe phone attachment

After buying new phones this year, I decided I don’t want to have a dedicated golf phone case anymore. I use a clicgear cart that I love, but the phone attachment accessory is a bit of a pain. With the old phone I used a cheap case to attach the button on the back to click into the holder. Just...
  8. Coloradomrg

Trustworthy Brewing Las Vegas

9. Coloradomrg

Help me figure out a golf trip

I've been told by a product rep that I work with that he wants to take me on a trip just to play some golf. This is a "thank you" trip, and there will be little cost to me (just pro shop expenditures, and even those may get covered). As an example: the last thank you trip he took me on, I got...
  10. Coloradomrg

Review Coloradomrg's Club Champion $100 fitting

This started out as a $100 full bag fitting offer. I had scheduled the fitting to land in the middle of the summer, fully expecting it to be a check for lie and length on irons/wedges and a putter fitting. My bag consists of pretty new stuff, and honestly I can't afford to put much more new...
  11. Coloradomrg

Do you insure your golf equipment?

Today's sad thread about losing an entire bag of custom gear got me thinking... Do you insure your gear? I do. It's expensive, and would be hard to replace immediately if I had to come out of pocket. With State Farm I am able to have a "personal article" policy. Ours insures the wife's...
  12. Coloradomrg

Uncomfortable work conversations

Get a call today... "If we let Mr. xyz go, how would that affect your current deliverable schedule?" I work with this person a lot. Like... 80%+ of my projects are completed with this person. I like this person, but working with him is rough at times. I don't envy those who have to make this...
  13. Coloradomrg

Protein Chips

Came across these at Costco. I tend to look for ways to fill a bad habit with something better for me. Many of them are not good, or don't stick because they aren't close enough. Really happy with the flavor of these, and they do fill the "chip" need. Found them to have a texture similar to...
  14. Coloradomrg

Clifton Strengths

Have any of you completed the Clifton Strengths test? Link below for information. Not my link, I get nothing from this :) CliftonStrengths Online Talent Assessment | EN - Gallup It can be really helpful in helping you figure out why you might behave certain ways, and can help you understand...
  15. Coloradomrg

Do you change your ball for weather conditions?

Specifically thinking about cold weather. When I've played rounds with temps in the 30s and 40s the higher compression/harder ball that I like to play doesn't seem to go as far as a softer alternative. I'd even say that wedge shots have more control with the softer ball in the cold. Has...
  16. Coloradomrg

Hello from Colorado

Hey everyone! I've been playing for 3 summers now... and very slowly getting better. Haven't cracked 100 in a round yet, but getting very close. Trying to practice more, and taking a few lessons has helped a ton! Equipment upgrades have also helped, but it's hard to say that they're more...
Back