Search results for query: *

1. J

Wilson Staff Model CB Irons

For me, the sound is great, flushed shots have that ripped sound to them, but maybe a touch quieter than the Mizuno MMC's I came from. I especially notice the slightly quieter sound when standing and watching others hit my irons, but when over the ball it is not as noticeable, if that makes sense.
  2. J

Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

I bought one of these, gotta say, for the price this is a pretty good rangefinder. Clear picture, easily picks target, slope is accurate (tested it against my buddies Bushnell), great magnet built into it and a very nice case.
  3. J

PING G425 Drivers and Irons

Good question, I just left it at where the fitter set it when I left the place. Should it be a double click?
  4. J

My 425 Max sounds completely different than my buddies 425 Max, mine sounds like a metal baseball bat, his is loud, but doesn't have that metal sounding part. Results are great, but something is off I think, not sure I can stay with it.
  5. J

I just got a 425 Max and tried to hide it from my buddies until the first tee, but after a couple hits on the range they started turning around asking if I had corked my driver. Side note, it is very impressive and a true upgrade from the 410 for me, it goes.
  6. J

That was the same for me with my 410, was figuring I'd end up with some custom shaft, but the Alta CB tested best for me as well. I see no reason to come off of it when I move to the 425 Max here soon.
  7. J

7 wood or 3 hybrid and why

I have quite a few rounds now with a Sim2 Max 7w and I am still unsure about it. I thought I would get a bit more distance than the 3h, but not sure I am actually, it is just higher launching for the most part. I find I miss the more piecing trajectory of the 3h, along with the versatility.
  8. J

Golf pants fit for double duty at work

Rhone Commuter's are a fantastic stretch chino, super comfortable & fits great.
  9. J

Spent a week in Palm Springs with these irons, played 7 rounds, and they were really good. Just like the other irons in this category, the distance control is spot on, but I come back to the feel, the softness and stability at impact is just so good. Very impressed by these and anyone...
  10. J

Took me a month to get mine. Saw on their site they are saying 2-3 weeks for custom orders, so that is pretty good compared to mine.
  11. J

Played my first round with them yesterday, first time off grass as well. Great feel through the turf, nothing amazing, but rips through it very nicely. These have a completely different feel at impact than my previous Fly Z Pro's and MMC's. It is soft as hell, but a heavy hit feeling to it...
  12. J

Irons are back and fixed by the clubfitter. Have had two range sessions so far, and first impressions are the softness of these, flushed shots feel fantastic. I think these may be softer than the MMC's I was playing before (which may sound crazy to some) and definitely softer than the Cobra...
  13. J

7wood vs Hybrid? Advantages/Disadvantages?

I just got a Sim2 Max 7W, spent an hour yesterday testing against my 22* hybrid. I will say the from what I experienced, the 7w goes much higher, it is a degree stronger, but it was flying further and the consistency of straight shots was amazing. It was simple to elevate. All of those...
  14. J

I hit them this morning, and the 1/2" shorter just isn't feeling right. I am going to contact them to let them know of the error, if I had the time I would have them fix it, but I have a golf trip next week, so I took them to a club fitter already, he is pulling 5-iron shaft and putting it in...
  15. J

Got mine today, pretty disappointed that they came in a 1/2" short. Not sure if it is how Wilson measures clubs or what but I have played a 38.25" 5-iron on down for years, in multiple sets, and Wilson's standard specs said their 5-iron would be 38.25", when compared to a few sets in the...
  16. J

The 7 Wood

I recently bought a TM Sim2 Max 7-wood, took 4 weeks to get, but it has been fantastic so far. I have always struggled to launch FW's, and have used a 5-wood most of the time from the deck, so this 7-wood has made it super easy to get up in the air quickly. The ball comes off the face of the...
  17. J

What shafts did you go with for these?
  18. J

I just got an update today than mine won't ship until April 10th now, was really hoping to have them this week, you hearing anything new on yours?
  19. J

I get mine next week (hopefully) and am glad to hear about them handling the thin misses pretty decently, as that is my miss as well.
  20. J

Did customer service give you that ETA? I talked to them yesterday (ordered my set on March 4th) and they are telling me by the end of next week.
Back