Search results for query: *

1. oiler3535

Mesa Arizona

Just decided to visit the in-laws who are wintering in Mesa, Arizona. From 6hrs north of Buffalo. Course suggestions that will be fun but not more than about 100 bucks max? Anybody near there in mid March wants a round with a guy who has played 10 times in last 3 years (guess how old my only...
  2. oiler3535

New(ish) Parent question

Question for parents: how long before you started playing regularly again after kids' birth? My little guy is about to turn 3. Before he was born, I'd golf 100+ times a year which is impressive considering golf season here (5hrs NE of Toronto) is maybe May through October at best. Since his...
  3. oiler3535

Wolf Creek Mesquite round replay plus review

So I was limited to only 1 round during my Vegas vacation due to weather/time restraints. But wow what a round. I've not played a bunch of nice courses (live in rural Canada) but compared to Highland Links, Muskoka Bay, Glen Abbey, and Kapalua Plantation just wow. Take away the constant view of...
  4. oiler3535

Oiler3535 witb

Meant to take better pics outsidez but forgot until cleaning my clubs today after the courses here closed for winter. SS about 105 with driver (LM at box store measures ball speed at contact only, which is consistently 145-148. They have it set to 1.45 smash factor which seems unreasonably high...
  5. oiler3535

Las Vegas

So my wife has decided that she doesn't want to go to Maui this March Break. So going to most likely do Vegas (some thoughts to Miami or SoCal but very unlikely). Any recommendations on courses near town to play? Doing a quick skim through other posts seems like Reflection Bay a good choice...
  6. oiler3535

Davenport Florida area courses

Hi all. My wife’s parents just spent a week in Davenport. They got home and say they would like the entire family to join them next year. Now while a place nowhere near an ocean to snorkel in is not my idea of a winter break vacation, a day or 2 at an Orlando park and lots of golf seems a pretty...
  7. oiler3535

Driver question

Weird one. I’ve been gaming my Covert Tour 2.0 with X shaft since it came out. It’s the only club I’ve ever bought full priced; i saved up for 3 years. Well, I’ve saved up again. And want a new one. But for the past 2 years I’ve tried every driver available on the GC2 at Golftown stores...
  8. oiler3535

Las Vegas in March

Thinking about March Break trips this year. Maui is still the front runner, but strongly considering Vegas bc we enjoy doing new places. And Vegas means I can golf more than once (from now on will always play Plantation Course when there). My main question is about bang for buck courses. I enjoy...
  9. oiler3535

Tennessee travel tips?

Hi all! Short version below. So a full solar eclipse is occurring August 21st and I'm visiting my dad near Niagara Falls the weekend before. I jokingly asked him if he wanted to go to Nashville to see it (the path of totality peaks near enough to there) and he got all excited. So now I might...
  10. oiler3535

Exciting! Won Taylormade Giveaway!

So I heard from one of our national golf shows today (Golf Talk Canada on TSN), and they said I've won one of their 20 Weeks of Taylormade giveaways! Very excited as I rarely get picked for anything (the nice person who gave me my Albatross membership this year notwithstanding obviously). The...
  11. oiler3535

Outdoor pump to prevent flooding garage?

Hi all, looking for a pro or experienced house owner's help. We had our house inspection and besides a few small things the main issue was basement flooding. With where it is, the driveway (and yard) slopes down to the garage door. Regrading isn't possible. If too much water comes it goes into...
  12. oiler3535

Changing iron lofts

So I got new irons and felt they were significantly shorter than my old GI irons. Last fall I really focused and used my gps to measure. My 7i and 8i are both about 6 yards shorter, with the PW about 3 and the 9i in between. If I was getting a whole new set I wouldn't care, but I had my distance...
  13. oiler3535

2017 Srixon Z Stars

Anybody know Japanese to tell me what's new about the 2017 balls? I'm assuming something with the spin skin and core. Looks like they say in their graphs it's higher spin around the green and lower off the tee. Just bought 3 dozen XV Tour Yellows on for almost half price so assumed the new ball...
  14. oiler3535

Strokes with hickory shafts?

So I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, and figured the iron giveaway would be a good excuse. I've seen similar conversations occasionally, but never a dedicated one. Hope I haven't missed it. If you were playing a buddy with the same handicap as you, and you were using old clubs with old...
  15. oiler3535

Punta Cana travel golf

Short Version : anybody play Catalonia Caribe golf course on Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana? Longer: going on a March Break trip (teach so have to travel at expensive times), and looked through pretty much every available all inclusive (wife wouldn't go for Vegas or anywhere she has to leave the...
  16. oiler3535

Vacation recommendations?

In my 7th year of supply teaching and got my first ever full time gig (filling in for maternity leave until June anyway) and want to go away on March break. Any recommendations on somewhere reasonably priced? The key is that for me to get to golf there has to be things for my wife to do too...
  17. oiler3535

Playa Dorada

Hey all. Likely going on my first ever March Break vacation, and found a nice deal in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic (was hoping to convince my wife on somewhere in Florida, but she wants an all inclusive). As I haven't golfed since Halloween I'll definitely be bringing my sticks. Not gonna...
  18. oiler3535

Tru Roll Putters

Anybody ever tried a Tru Roll Putter or anything similar? http://www.tru-rollputters.com/index.html Rick from Score Golf (@RickSCOREGolf) here in Canada told me he really enjoyed the feel and roll on them today at the demo day. I've contemplated a round faced putter before but had never seen...
  19. oiler3535

New car help

So I'm getting a new car. Have a little Accent now, but it's struggling past it's 231st Km and I want something a touch bigger but with good gas mileage still. 0 interest rates right now so a good time to buy new. Deciding between the Elantra, Focus, Corolla, Civic, Dart, and Cruze. Leaning...
  20. oiler3535

Adjustable club shafts?

Anybody ever heard of adjustable shafts? I'm just thinking that pretty soon that will have to be the next step in adjustability. Imagine a grip section that comes off with a small screw or something, and allows you to put in a very tight fitting insert down the shaft. Instead of having all the...
Back