Search results for query: *

1. brian7770

Flagstick In or Out

I played in a "mediocre" tournament, and we are required to hole the putts. I had one that hit the stick dead center but didn't go in. After that, I've been more likely to remove the stick on shorter putts.
  2. brian7770

What Are You Working On?

Consistency in full swing, chipping, and putting. I have my moments, but putting it all together has been a struggle.
  3. brian7770

What Are You Working On?

1. Tempo - I have a tendency to go too slow or pause at the top, so actually counting 1-2-3 during my swing has helped. 2. Appropriate takeaway and rotation - it basically feels like the club head almost goes straight back from address, and at the top of the back swing my right knee is straight...
  4. brian7770

Putter Alignment type

My Odyssey Indianapolis putter has a long alignment line, and I have noticed how much more my putts are on line. The putter head is also very stable. It seems like I might be on to something.
  5. brian7770

What Are You Working On?

Proper rotation in the back swing and not releasing too early in the down swing.
  6. brian7770

Do you wear spikeless golf shoes off the course?

Yes, I have a couple pairs that are in my daily wear rotation. In fact, today, I'm wearing spikeless shoes and will be going to the range, so I won't need to change shoes.
  7. brian7770

Indian Cuisine

Yes, I love Indian food. Unfortunately, we have to travel 20+ miles for it, so we rarely get it. My oldest has made some curry dishes, though, and that's good. I also traveled to India in early 2019 for work, so I also got to try some more authentic food. Overall, that's a trip I'll never forget.
  8. brian7770

Michigan hackers, check in here

I don't know where we'll end up with real certainty. Definitely appreciate all the help. Even if we end up near Midland, occasional road trips are not out of the question.
  9. brian7770

Thank you for the suggestions.
  10. brian7770

I don't know an exact area, but somewhere around the Midland to Edmore area would be great for now.
  11. brian7770

Yes, central in the lower peninsula. Sorry, I didn't know the proper local terminology.
  12. brian7770

What sort of golf options are there around the central part of lower Michigan (as in not the UP)? Obviously, I mean during the season; not right now.
  13. brian7770

Low Point and Weight More Forward?

For me it's key to first have proper rotation in the back swing. In other words, rotate, don't sway. In the down swing, I need to make sure I'm not releasing the club too early which I have a tendency to do.
  14. brian7770

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

I really do appreciate the feedback. My family had even had our hearts set on this area. Unfortunately, my employer said they could not accommodate New York. I work remote, but there are other unknown circumstances they have to consider, and I wasn't planning to leave my job. I hope you all have...
  15. brian7770

What's your least favourite club in the bag at the moment?

Easily 3 wood for me, but if I continue to have success at the range my confidence should grow.
  16. brian7770

Do you Yeti?

I have a 64 oz. I can put it in the basket of a riding cart or a bag I have attached to my push cart.
  17. brian7770

Cobra/Puma Customer Service Praise

They replaced 5 Pocket Jackpot pants for me due to a hole in the bottom of the back pocket. Like you, the Jackpot wasn't in stock so I received Dealer pants instead. No complaints from me.
  18. brian7770

Was 2023 a pleasing golf year for you..?

It was pleasing in the sense that my handicap slightly improved and I had my first ever eagle. I still didn't reach my handicap goal, so there are still improvements needed.
  19. brian7770

Same shaft in driver and fairways?

The only difference in my driver and 3 wood is the weight of the shaft. The shaft in the fairway is 10 grams heavier.
  20. brian7770

The Beer Thread

Sounds great!
Back