Search results for query: *

1. Bowtiepower00

Rough week at work

Had a long, rough week at work. Im a RN in a ICU, mostly covid pts at this point. Lost a lot of pts this week. More than one a day. Looked through the list of admits for the new year, none of the covid pts have survived. Lots of devastated families. Not looking to get into political debate...
  2. Bowtiepower00

Putter shafts

Toying with the idea of a new putter shaft for my Grandsport 35. Going to replace the grip with a superstroke, so might as well do it all at once. If I’m going to do it, I have a couple of requirements: Must be black. Graphite preferred- for that full interweb golfer mystique. Would like...
  3. Bowtiepower00

Floor Cleaner Review- Tineco Floor One S3

Probably a stupid thread, but I know a lot of us have tile floors so I’m posting it anyway. My old lady and I split household duties- and she would make a Drill SGT proud. If the house isn’t white glove status she makes my life hell until it is. I get to do the floors- my only caveat- I must...
  4. Bowtiepower00

Superstroke putter grips/ ARCCOS

Been trying to get used to my Grandsport putter, but I think I prefer my Odyssey 7s. Issue with both are the grips. The cobra grip is too big. The odyssey has a Winn pistol mid. I like the size but my Arccos sensor fits poorly to say the least. I’d like to find the slimmest grip that...
  5. Bowtiepower00

WTB Wanted: Callaway Mavrik FW cover

Just ordered a Mav Max 5w “like new” but it’s coming with a “Callaway universal” HC. Would like a OE Mavrik headcover. Anyone have one? I’m in PHX. Can do zelle for payment. Thanks.
  6. Bowtiepower00

Casual vs. Handicap

Just spitballing here. I was a casual golfer for years. Decided to do some “league” golfing. I haven’t begun to claim a handicap officially, but it’s coming. Quite a difference- an easy 5+ strokes a round. Amazing when I play with others, how many use the “foot wedge” to improve a lie, move...
  7. Bowtiepower00

AZ westside golfers

Great Eagle in Surprise has a year range pass on sale for $140 right now with coupon code. Usually $500. It’s not a top tier range- but it’s definitely worth 140. Expect to hit off of a sandy base when it’s busy- some club wear is to be expected.
  8. Bowtiepower00

Travel bags

Heading to Maui next month, and am pondering taking my clubs and fitting in a round or two. Beginning to look at travel bags. Would prefer a hard side solution, under $200, with room for shoes. Any suggestions? Do I need to increase my budget? Don’t want junk, I’d like to buy once- cry once.
  9. Bowtiepower00

Maui golf

Heading to Maui next month. Staying in Lahaina. Considering taking my clubs and trying to get in a round or two. Not looking to spend huge money. Can I find rounds for around $100? Golfnow shows some, but I can’t book that far out yet. What about my clubs? Check em with a travel bag...
  10. Bowtiepower00

Driver/ hybrid/ putter covers

Looking for an affordable set of covers for my driver, 2 fairways, hybrid, and putter(s)- mallet and regular. Not looking to break the bank. Any suggestions?
  11. Bowtiepower00

That round that keeps you coming back…

Last round was over a month ago. Played terrible, shot around 100. Couldn’t find a fairway, putting was awful, short game non-existent. Went out yesterday, not much of a warmup, couple of new clubs in the bag including a Rad Xd driver, and was ON FIRE! Hitting fairways, short game on point...
  12. Bowtiepower00

ARCCOS- LINK vs. Apple Watch

Just received the rest of my sensors from Cobra. I can’t (won’t) tolerate carrying my phone in a front pocket during a round. I prefer my pockets empty. I really would prefer the watch, but the reviews I read here say the watch leaves quite a bit to be desired. What are the latest opinions...
  13. Bowtiepower00

Etiquette while testing clubs

Stopped by my local shop today. PGA tour superstore, Stopped in right at opening (9am...) Ive spent plenty with them in the past, if that matters. Went there looking for hitting mats and such, fitting area was empty. Asked the Pro if they had any Radspeed drivers in LH, to my surprise, they...
  14. Bowtiepower00

New To Golfimg?

New to Golf? Post in here, let us help you out! Edit: misspelled Golfing, lol. Anyway newcomers or anyone with questions post here... mods please fix title lol
  15. Bowtiepower00

WITB Bowtiepower00

Rocked ‘96 Era Big Berthas for over 20 years- but didn’t golf much. Got turned on to CPO by @tucsoncacti and ended up ordering a full set of Rogues- 10.5 driver, 3w, HW, 4/5 hybrid, 3-SW irons. Plus MD4 56,58,60 wedges. This was Nov-Dec 2019 while I got back into golf after 20 years off...
  16. Bowtiepower00

Iron Covers... why not?

YES I USE THEM!! Why not? I really don’t understand the hate. Please let me understand. I try to keep my clubs as pristine as possible to maximize trade in value
Back