Search results for query: *

1. L

Do looks matter? Would you play ugly clubs?

I would love to get my hands on one of them
  2. L

$15 Minimum Wage - Impacts on Golf

So it seems that there is a strong likelihood that over the next few years, a federal minimum wage of $15 will be coming in. This thread is not to discuss how we have arrived here, but rather the impacts (positive and negative) that a $15 minimum wage will have on golf and the golf industry. I...
  3. L

Do You Practice with a Purpose?

I practice with the purpose of avoiding my wife
  4. L

Golf is 90% mental - agree or not?

A strong mental approach is vital to keep a good round going, or stopping an average round from falling apart. But if you don't have technique, you will never break 100.
  5. L

My Golf Journey in 2021 - Can I get to Scratch?

What length course are you playing? If your average tee shot is around 280, you should be hitting not much more than a 8/9/W into most par 4's that average around 400+ yards. If this case you need to work on your iron game.
  6. L

HIGH HANDS

I used to obsess over this as I used to make the old school Matt Kuchar swing look upright. A few years back I went and saw a Titleist TPI certified man whom did a bunch of range of motion tests on my back, arms and shoulders. I found out that i have hyper extension issues in my shoulder...
  7. L

Slower, average & cheaper Vs. higher price point

You guys are very lucky. 12 bucks for a bucket of range balls here in Hawaii as a non-resident is almost non-existent.
  8. L

Has Your Club Waived Initiation Fees?

Initiation fees are a contentious matter. From my understanding, the purpose of charging an initiation fee: 1) They reduce the likelihood of a member leaving, knowing that if they wish to rejoin or go to another club, they will need to repay another initiation fee. 2) They enable a club to...
  9. L

Whats your favorite shot in golf?

A 45 yard bunker shot..... when it actually come off (which is seldom). I love any soft short iron shot to a back pin, trying to keep tradjectory low and spin to a minimum.
  10. L

Slower, average & cheaper Vs. higher price point

Hi Hackers, To carry on from my previous thread relating to Walking Vs. Carting (your comments and opinions were fantastic). For those of you that play at muni or daily fee courses, which of the following would you prefer/generally suits your preference: Option 1: $45 course inclusive of cart...
  11. L

Walking vs. Cart - What would you rather?

Hey Hackers, A question about walking vs. riding preference. A pay for play course nearby has terrible carts but has always been mandatory carts. Its a flat course, standard length (6,900 yds) that generally has pleasant weather. They are considering the concept of ditching mandatory...
  12. L

Hi everybody, a new member originally from Florida. Look forward to being part of this community. Peace.
Back