Search results for query: *

1. M

Shallowing the Club

I am also in this camp of ’you have to understand swinging it wrong before you can swing it right’. Like others mentioned, a lot of tips drills focus on one thing that must be placed in a larger context of positions/movements. Can’t hurt to see what happens, especially if it leads to better...
  2. M

The Truth and Errors about Force and the Golf Swing, by Frozen Divots.

Safe to say his use of, uh, words and principles, make clear he is also a ’hobbyist’ when it comes to physics and mechanics…… (Note: time spent reading his musings is time from your life you will never get back)
  3. M

Why is finding a golf instructor so fricken hard??

1. Change is hard. 2. Experience/knowledge do not make an educator. 3. Students who learn to teach themselves, whether they are aware of it or not, will say good things about their teacher.
  4. M

AMG - Shallowing Video

Very cool video. My one question is, assuming one turns around the spine well enough, will the right arm movement they describe happen if the left arm is allowed to ’lead’ on the downswing? For me, drills hitting half and three-quarter shots with the right arm has always been tough (I remember...
  5. M

My 2023 Golf Swing

6. M

putting

Only practice things, whatever tips or tools, that help you control distance better.
  7. M

Chipping Yips

On occasion, I might change steepness by moving ball position back and forth, but I don’t like manipulating the arms independent of my turn. I like keeping it simple. Feeling like my hands always stay centered in front of my chest works for me, ensuring the simple torso turn does the driving...
  8. M

What Are You Working On?

About 3-4 days a year I feel aligned, loose, and balanced at set up. The rest of the time I feel off, and things don‘t work as well. So set up for me.
  9. M

How to get better? Feel vs analytics

(restating what others said, but how it is in my head) I think identifying which is useful, and when, is where the art is, whether golf or baseball. In general, we’d like to convert data into information, and transform information into intelligence/framework. -Data and feel are both inputs into...
  10. M

Looking for way to start swing sequence

I like the big bucket of water visual. If you are going to swing it back, you wouldn't use just the hands. There's a slight movement of the body, using the legs, to get things moving. Can be hard to see it since it is subtle. But that starts the swing of the hands back. For me, they tend to go...
  11. M

Working on Takeaway

In my limited experience, the body follows tension/excess effort. If my focus is on making my hands do something, they will lead the swing, more than say, my torso or legs. Important at the start of a change, but if the emphasis remains there, then that movement can start to dominate, and other...
  12. M

If there is one lesson.......

I'll steal from Musashi- "From one thing, know ten thousand things." How one controls the club face, whether with putter through driver, has similar fundamentals. How one controls club path, whether with putter through driver, has similar fundamentals. How one controls the pace of their swing...
  13. M

Concentration and Focus

Less is more.
  14. M

How to maintain tempo?

I like to set my tempo by the pressure on my feet (slight push off left, pressure on right, pressure back on left). It takes time for me to move weight or feel pressure (not too fast or slow), and things get bad when my swing is at a different pace than what’s happening with my feet.
  15. M

Do you have to 'clear the hips'?

I hear you. I’ll bow out.
  16. M

High School golf tryouts - is this expected?

“Young people need models, not critics.” John Wooden To add, they don’t need rescuers either: When I coached college baseball I had a parent call in and say “We are really worried our son is going to leave with a bad experience if he does’t play more his last season.“ F-me.
  17. M

2021 Open Championship Contest and Thread

Go Bears!
  18. M

Who You Memorolizing?

Both my dad and uncle were in the Korean War, both survived it okay. My Boss at the golf course I grew up working at (started as a range boy at 10) also spent time in Korea. A big Irishman out of Odessa. He taught me a ton about being a man (not the fake tough stuff but true resilience). He just...
  19. M

What hand(s) are dominant when you putt?

razaar stated this in a thread: I've always fought having too much right hand in my full swing. The sequence breaks down for me. But when putting, I've given up limiting the right hand. For me, the right hand is where my sense of touch comes from, so it is the dominant control when I putt...
Back