Search results for query: *

1. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Simulator Hourly Costs

I pay $40 an hour for my local Trackman sim studio. As long as it’s a high level launch monitor such as Trackman then I would say your $25 an hour (250/10) is a great deal.
  2. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

How often do you get fitted?

I agree....it could be dependent on who you get, but isn’t that true anywhere? I looked around at some of the more expensive places, and when I called them to ask about the details I felt very uncomfortable with the attitudes I got from some of the fitters/pros. The guys at Dicks were very...
  3. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Not for sure where you live, but if you have a Dick’s Sporting Goods store they have very affordable fitting. Now are they going to have as much variety as some? Probably not, but for $29.95 they will let you hit as much as you want for as long as you want with someone there to help you the...
  4. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

My advice would be you really only need to be fitted in two scenarios. One is if you’re buying a new club/clubs. The other would be is if you are struggling with your current clubs then maybe it’s time to see if things in your swing have changed. As we age our swings just naturally change...
  5. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Golfsmith Clubs

Has anyone ran across anywhere to find unused club components that Golfsmith used to carry? I used to love building the Snake Eyes and Bang golf brands. The snake eyes pythons were some of my fave clubs, and I still game a snake eyes platinum putter.
  6. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I sure hope so. I been hunting that beast for years! 😂
  7. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I got fitted this week, and this was the silver bullet for me. Went from having a slice with over 3,000-4,000 rpm spin rate, and an average ball speed of 125 mph. After hitting a bunch of shafts in my Callaway XR Speed I had marginal improvements, and with the Rogue and Mavrik heads same...
  8. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

I’m getting fit!

One other thing I forgot to share.....take your own golf balls that you regularly hit. Does you no good if you typically hit Top Flite 2-piece balls, and they fit you using a Pro V1. With that being said, if you have a good fitter they will have you try a few different balls after they have...
  9. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Kirkland Signature Three Piece Urethane Ball V2.0 Review

You know I have heard they were, but have not seen anything hit the market yet. I had a hard time finding these new ones to do a review. Thankfully my cousin down in North Carolina hooked me up, and sent me some from his Costco down there.
  10. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Kirkland Signature Three Piece Urethane Ball V2.0 Review

So I got my hands on some of the new Kirkland Signature 3-piece urethane V2.0 golf balls, and wanted to bring you all a review. Before I begin let me preface this review by making sure everyone knows I am a 15.4 handicap, and typically have a bit of a slice. So don’t expect any pro-like...
  11. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Which 2021 Driver for You? Why?

Just got fitted this week, and B21 was my fitted club. Could not believe what a difference it and the RCH55 stuff shaft did for me.
  12. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Golf Balls: Which golf ball is ACTUALLY BETTER than the prov1 and prov1 x.

“Actually Better” is an irrelevant term in today’s day and age. As we have developed a need to get fitted for shafts, and heads so has the need in my opinion to be fitted for golf balls. Ultimately, different balls work better for some people based on their swing speed, swing type, and then...
  13. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

I’m getting fit!

Enjoy. I had my first one this week as well. As others said, try not to wear yourself out. Wear some short sleeves underneath so you can shed layers. You will get hot, and be sweating.
  14. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

I have a confession & need advice

The first grip I ever installed I did the same thing. Grip played fine. Had no twisting, and it was set just as well as the others. If anything major you just added a little thickness to the grip. 😁
  15. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Custom fitting off-season - experiences?

I literally got fitted this week for a new driver. I’ve been going once a week to either an indoor range or simulator session. As long as you’ve been swinging go for it. They’ll give you time to warm up as well. Piece of advice....wear a short sleeve polo under some outer active gear. You...
  16. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

How to save a grip?

I’ve never had any luck with the air compressor, and solvent trick. I seem to either just deform the grip to no return with air, or cause a blow out. So as someone else said, wear safety glasses and gloves. Perhaps I’m doing it wrong, but grips are cheap. Just cut the thing off. Will save...
  17. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Launch monitors for personal use

Have the old Voice Caddie SC100, and it works great. You can pick them up used on eBay for cheap now. The new SC300 has some upside though despite the negative comments on here. The updated app you can use on your phone now allows it to spit out spin numbers.
  18. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Golf Pride Concept Helix Grips

I found these grips to be pretty good. They were easy to install, and I felt they played just like the tour velvet. I did a video review as well, and even took it to the range (See Below). No slippage, felt good, and overall was pleased. The only thing they need to fix with these is the hole...
  19. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Best hitting mat

I do have a very negative angle of attack. Working to shallow that out a bit, but never the less the FB mats at my range cause me pain. I’ve honestly never found a mat yet that doesn’t cause me pain. Only thing that doesn’t hurt is playing on the course.
  20. The Pittsburgh Golf Hack

Jumbo grip on driver like Bryson?

Bryson and Jumbo Max Grips claim to get 3-5 mph swing speed increases by adding the grip. I’m intrigued now. Contemplating a myth buster video on this matter! 😂
Back