Search results for query: *

1. BeanieTX

Contest: Win Rickie Fowler's Custom Scotty Cameron California Monterey (Autographed)

http://www.scottycameron.com/drawing/2011-Fall-Drawing.asp Sorry International guys, contest is US only. From the article: No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. You read the headline right. This is your opportunity for a chance to win a new Scotty Cameron California Monterey that was...
  2. BeanieTX

KBS Contest on FB

KBS is running a contest for the bmw this week. Like "KBS Shafts" on facebook and reply to their post with who you think will win this week. Of the right guesses, they'll pick 3 people. Those 3 get a SET of KBS Wedge shafts! Go get em boys n girls!! That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)
  3. BeanieTX

PGA Tour Yardage Books

These are no longer done by the caddies prior to the tournaments, they're done by the Tour and each player is handed the same book. Caddies do spot check the yardages I'm sure during the practice rounds though. My question to you is...are they available online somewhere? There's a tournament...
  4. BeanieTX

Is my son too young for blades?

Too early to start grooming him into blades? :) That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)
  5. BeanieTX

If you could golf with only ONE person the rest of your life

Who would it be? I was thinking about this last night as I lay in bed, restless and not falling asleep until after midnight. Would it be my Dad? The one who introduced me to the game, the one who I play with 98% of the time, but is almost 64yrs old. The one who taught me honesty and basic swing...
  6. BeanieTX

Story from the PGA & a lesson to be learned

GOLFDIGEST LINK At the PGA yesterday, as a guy was showing me "Rory's root" to the left of No. 3 fairway, a ball hit a tree near us and bounced out into the fairway. But it wasn't a tree--it was a 70-ish man's forehead. We gathered around him and found him bleeding, but sitting up. Bones McKay...
  7. BeanieTX

KBS C-Tapers direct from Titleist Custom Dept

This was in my email this morning. Another OEM jumping on the KBS C-Taper and offering directly from them as a custom option. TITLEIST SELECTS KBS C-TAPER FOR CUSTOM DEPT. BOULDER, CO (August 2nd, 2011) Today, KBS™ is pleased to announce Titleist's adoption of the brand-new KBS C-Taper shaft...
  8. BeanieTX

Tips/Drills/Aids for impact position

I have always been...what I like to call "flippy" at impact. I do not have a downward left wrist or even a flat left wrist. I have alignment sticks and sometimes extend it past my grip towards my left hip (right handed) to get more body and a hands-forward impact position, but that doesn't seem...
  9. BeanieTX

New coach for Tiger?

Jim McLean just tweeted this: "@McLeanGolf: I heard Tiger changed teachers again, but I have not seen it reported. Steve Williams would be my pick, unless it was Butch #Tiger #PGATour" Wonder if there's any truth to this...
  10. BeanieTX

Cool story about the British Open 1st Round Co-Leader

TOM LEWIS SANDWICH, England -- He's named after the man he played with during the first round of the Open Championship, and it really doesn't get any better than that. Except it did. Tom Lewis, a 20-year-old Englishman, played with Tom Watson, 61-year-old five-time Open champion and legend...
  11. BeanieTX

Driver Shaft Weight

Besides the obvious difference in swing weights, why would someone choose a heavier driver shaft over a lighter shaft? Or vice versa? Example, what difference would the 70g Kai'li have over the 60g? This is straight off the Diamana website: Diamana White Board 73 X 46.0 73 0.335 3.0 0.600 2.8...
  12. BeanieTX

Pine Canyon - Flagstaff, AZ

Where do I start with Pine Canyon? Oh wow...what a course! The views, as you can imagine, were perfect. Here is the view from the clubhouse. Where I was standing, it's outside between the Golf Shop & Lockers rooms (to my right) and the Dining Room (to my left). The green closest to me was the...
  13. BeanieTX

Newbie from Arizona

Hello! My name is Brian. Played golf a lot from when I was 8 until 18 and then basically quit. Went from playing 200+ rounds to about 10 a year, so I consider that quitting golf. Now, I'm 29 and playing again finally. Was a +1 in High School, now currently carrying a 4.7 index and hoping to get...
Back