Search results for query: *

1. nicklongdrive

Robot testing

I would need a whole lot more info on how they conduct the tests to have confidence in it. If they don't test a bunch of varieties of swing variables across the face then the data isn't valuable for a lot of golfers.
  2. nicklongdrive

Do you play what is best for you, or your favorite brand?

Combination of both, I was fitted into about half of my clubs and took brand consideration/club head shape as well as launch monitor numbers into consideration for everything else (self-fit).
  3. nicklongdrive

Are you longer or shorter than the typical player at your age/handicap? Graph Attached

20+ HDCP, age 30, and average 288ish off the tee(when it's in play)...my short game is horrible.
  4. nicklongdrive

Favorite Club in the Bag?

My G425 MAX 3 wood is my favorite, just ahead of my RSI UDI 3 iron. I get 157-167 mph ball speed on this thing and I actually love the stock shaft. I need to find a driver that feels like this club does but just goes further, lol.
  5. nicklongdrive

Three Brands in the Bay

Callaway Titleist I would have previously said TaylorMade but I would choose Ping as my final choice
  6. nicklongdrive

Will the 9 Wood Catch On?

Higher loft Callaway UW? Maybe. 9 woods never caught on, not as versatile as a chunky iron or hybrid in the same loft.
  7. nicklongdrive

Hybrid for 2023? Whatcha think'in?

I've played with pulling my 4 iron out and would lean towards a TSR2.
  8. nicklongdrive

KBS C-Taper discussion

This. I came from C-Taper Lites and my fitter tried getting me up to the normal C-Tapers but it's the most band-aid shaft and you have to swing hard to use them. Further promoting the barbarian like bad mechanics. The biggest thing is the lack of feeling like you can promote good tempo or just...
  9. nicklongdrive

KBS C-Taper discussion

What's your rough 7 iron swing speed? I tend to be 97-101 mph on course and C-Tapers are one of those shafts that do work for my aggressive swing. They transition and flex in a way that is more "comfortable" than my PX 7.0. However, when I am making better contact and plane is much better these...
  10. nicklongdrive

Bowed, flexed, flat?

If you tend to be flexed then exaggerating the feeling of being bowed but in actual motion might just leave you flat. I tend to be BARELY bowed when I exaggerate it in practice swings, just try it out and get some good video to test the theory.
  11. nicklongdrive

How big of a golf ego do you have?

I usually think I am about 5 strokes better than how I actually played. However, I am stiff on the rules while my friends are not. We don't play for money so I think it probably comes from that to some extent.
  12. nicklongdrive

Bryson has a new custom OL set in the bag

One Length i230s would be something I'd like to see come to the market. My interest is VERY piqued.
  13. nicklongdrive

What is your favorite Firearm?

Of all the ones I have owned: P226 Of what I'd like to own: UMP
  14. nicklongdrive

The follow through, yeah or nay

Lower hands through the follow through cues me properly for a lower flight, or at least makes it easier to do so.
  15. nicklongdrive

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering the same, would love to try some MMT 105 TX and LAGP Bryson series shafts. I've been lumbering with the PX 7.0s for a while now and they are decent but I think a change is calling my name.
  16. nicklongdrive

Who Is The Most Overrated Golfer On Tour?

I would have said Finau until his back to back. Currently, anyone that thinks Tiger can contend right now is delusional. I know I am going to get mud, rocks, and poop thrown at me for that one!
  17. nicklongdrive

How Do You Book?

I used to do only GolfNow but after having had to deal with a rain check one time made it a pain in the butt since the course doesn't issue the refund. You have to call GolfNow, they then call the course, and then it gets resolved. It's not the worst process but it can be a bit of a PITA. I tend...
  18. nicklongdrive

Heavenwood?

I use mine regularly, it's not great into the wind at all with a stock launch trajectory but it's great otherwise. I get 230-240 out of it off the tee even with it being higher spin at my speed.
  19. nicklongdrive

What push cart should I get?

I don't have experience with the others but I did recently purchase a Bag Boy Nitron. Yes, it's still kind of big even with it folded up. However, it feels VERY sturdy and doesn't feel like it's going to fall over ever. I've been enjoying it a lot because everything makes sense where it's stored.
  20. nicklongdrive

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Yeah, I even when I am not feeling like the driver isn't going to be good for me I get instantly reminded that it wants to be hit...it needs to be hit. I imagine at some point people will get sick of our fascination with this thing.
Back