Search results for query: *

1. nicklongdrive

Pondering finally ditching the lob wedge

So, I'm one of those people that only uses my SW/54* for almost every single chip/small pitch shot. I can hit high enough flops with it when needed and what not. And found that I haven't had a single good shot with my 58* in 3 rounds. Granted, I think the standard sole grind with no heel or toe...
  2. nicklongdrive

LAGP Tour AXS Iron Shafts

Has anyone tried the Tour AXS iron shafts (more specifically the blue version)? I am realizing I am not a 130g iron shaft player and figure I might go graphite soon but was waiting for the Texas Rebar, however, that shaft is supposed to be over 130g. I figured I need to evaluate the lighter...
  3. nicklongdrive

Shocking Cobra F9 vs F9S Comparison

A very well conducted video here by Rick and the topic brought up by Simon from SAS Golf. What are your thoughts on the poor performance from a club that is trying to steal the valor of the original F9? Has anyone seen any official statements from Cobra about this? Seems dodgy at best.
  4. nicklongdrive

Photo Heavy Worn out toe box golf shoes problem

So, I have this tendency to wear through golf shoes/cleats really quickly since I drag my toe on follow-through. The Pumas pictured are like 4 months old and the Adidas are like 6 months old. I figured I would try to find a solution since it's getting expensive constantly replacing golf shoes...
  5. nicklongdrive

Fast, aggressive swingers...what are your favorite iron shafts?

I am in between so many different shafts right now for my irons and kind of need someone to help me eliminate some options. I am currently considering any of the following: Project X Rifle 6.5 or 7.0 Project X LS 6.5 or 7.0 Dynamic Gold X100 (hard stepped once, a profile that I like the feel of...
  6. nicklongdrive

Nicklongdrive's 2022 Swing Speed Training Log

So, for accountability purposes I plan to document my swing speed journey as we get into 2022. I have also been very diligent with tracking progress and find it helpful to have all of the data sitting in one place. I also figure if anyone else is interested in what I am doing here I will have it...
  7. nicklongdrive

For Sale Mitsubishi Tensei 1k PRO White 50g Tour Extra Stiff Shaft

This is by far the BEST bomber shaft I have used if you want the flat flight that will knuckle for some huge distance. I am still debating on even selling it since I love it so much so my price is non-negotiable...it's $350 MSRP. $275 shipped and insured to the US48 via UPS Tensei 1k PRO White...
  8. nicklongdrive

What swing "move" do you see and think "that's powerful"

I personally think very hands high at the top of the backswing exemplifies power.
  9. nicklongdrive

TrackMan 4 Indoors - weird spin and distance numbers

So, I went to my fitter last night to see if I needed a lie angle adjustment on my irons. I was very interested to see what my figures would be and confirm some of my thoughts. The shot shapes looked spot-on (besides being even higher than normal) as to what my miss was when I got flippy and...
  10. nicklongdrive

Much more flexible shaft, potentially better

An interesting find that I think some folks could benefit from that may help them to play more relaxed/comfortable golf. As I mentioned in another thread I put a Heavenwood into the bag a number of weeks ago. I am still in love with it and highly recommend it for players looking for a go-to...
  11. nicklongdrive

Nixing the 3 wood?

Yep, so, I finally pulled the 3 wood out of the bag for a handful of reasons. - Never found myself pulling it out on the fairway to use on par 5s - It was basically a worse driver off the tee for me - Sometimes would go almost as far as driver and put me out of position - Was by far my least...
  12. nicklongdrive

Different swing for driver versus irons?

Anyone else use a completely mechanically different swing for driver? I do a Moe/Bryson single plane swing for driver and a normal 2 plane for irons. I find that is the only way I can play a very controllable fade and swing as hard as I want. I personally play a fade with all of my clubs now...
  13. nicklongdrive

For Sale Titleist U500 2 Iron/Driving Iron

Hello all, I'm looking to sell my very good condition Titleist U500 17* 2 iron as I already have another 2 iron to play around with and am looking to fund a low spin 3 wood to slot into the bag. The club hasn't been hit all that much and is in fantastic shape with a solid setup that a long iron...
  14. nicklongdrive

My Ball Speed Journey Log

Alright, so I’ve been officially playing golf for one year seriously. I have always been very competitive in things that I have put my mind to. One of the biggest strengths in my game is distance and I want to keep building on that to make it effortless. I am also getting technique lessons that...
  15. nicklongdrive

PGA Superstore Customer Service

So, I purchased a G425 LST driver this weekend and received it today but there are a couple of things wrong and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them rectifying customer service requests. Basically, I ordered an extra stiff but received a stiff and there was no head cover...
  16. nicklongdrive

DIY Super Speed Stick Training Weights

So, I figured I would take it upon myself to do some over-speed training before my first Amateur Long Drive competition. But, I was not ultra keen on spending $200 on the SuperSpeed Golf Training sticks. I remembered I had an extra X stiff Tensei Blue with a TaylorMade adapter on it that would...
  17. nicklongdrive

Clubs for the girlfriend

Alrighty, I may be breaking the cardinal rule here, but whatever, I'm gonna get her a set of clubs so she has something to do since she misses being being able to play some sort of sport. I took her to Top Golf and with a little a bit of my expertise (I'm not a great player but it seemed the...
Back