Search results for query: *

1. Mikey Lawless

Re-Shafted Cleveland CBX wedges

I have a pair of CBW wedges with steel regular flex shafts. My other irons have lightweight graphite senior flex shafts that move the inertia point much closer to the head. 70 grams compared to the 110 gram steel shafts on the CBX wedges. I am considering putting similar shafts, like I have in...
  2. Mikey Lawless

DIY Home Repair Guys, Advice needed.

Simple deal. Last winter, we had a roof leak. Got that fixed along with removal and replacing the attic insulation. Done deal. Here's what I got. I had to do a ceiling patch in one of the bedrooms. A pretty big area. I pretty much cut out the damage and screwed in a full sheet. Now, I either...
  3. Mikey Lawless

A Revelation Perhaps?

I've been playing just a little over a year since a 20 plus year hiatus. In that time, I've gotten back to hitting relatively decent, but at 65 years old, I don't have the distance I once did. Even "back in the day" I was not a big distance hitter. A birth defect on my lower back limits my range...
  4. Mikey Lawless

I got Paired with a 12 Year Old Kid

Today, I just showed up at a local golf course to see if they could work me in. It wasn't busy. I reckon a lot of folks had Valentine's Day commitments. About the same time as I checked in, this kid was also checking in as a single. So, they paired us up. What a delight it was playing with him...
  5. Mikey Lawless

Another New Member from Clovis California

Pretty funny to see another new member from Clovis named Mike when I log in for the first time here! I started playing in the mid 1980s. Learned by practicing tips from Golf magazine. I stopped playing in the late 90s and picked up drag racing again. So, after a 20 plus year layoff, I'm back at...
Back