Search results for query: *

1. Scooby45

Putter Fitting Question: Accuracy or Consistency?

I just had a putter fitting with the Ping app. Certainly welcome to comments about that process, but more interested in your thoughts around consistency vs. accuracy. Putter A I was 0.2 deg closed at impact but had a wider variation. Putter B I was 0.4 deg closed at impact but had a tighter...
  2. Scooby45

Where’s the best place to get a Philly Cheesesteak?

Bonus points awarded if it’s located somewhere between Ohio and New Jersey
  3. Scooby45

Outdoor Hitting Area

Have you set-up a semi-permanent outdoor hitting area before? How did you go about it? Any insight to share? Mat recommendations for outdoor use?* It is something I have kicked around in the past and it sounds like at least @tucsoncacti is doing it as his house so would appreciate any thoughts...
  4. Scooby45

Who’s with me? Hitting off mats is the worst.

If I never hit off a mat again I could live life as a happy golfer. Thoughts?
  5. Scooby45

Does your equipment ponder increase after a bad round?

asking for a friend :cool:
  6. Scooby45

Tightening up the short game

My short game is a little loose coming out of winter so I’m going to spend some time working things out. What tips, tricks, advice do folks have for bringing things back? How do you go about working on your short game?
  7. Scooby45

Is this the best golf cart of all time?

No CPO days for this one…
  8. Scooby45

For Sale UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Red Fairway Shaft

UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Red Fairway Shaft. 7F4, professionally pulled. Came out of a 7 wood so plays in a higher lofted wood, either 5 or 7 I’d guess depending on preference. Length of shaft shown in pictures. $75 shipped to AC members, add $10 shipping to lower 48 for non-AC members
  9. Scooby45

WTB Cheap putter headcovers

Prefer mallets but blades would be okay as well. Not looking for nice, just something to rip apart to see how I could sew one together.
  10. Scooby45

Bettinardi 2024 Inovai Series

These looked way better in hand than the photos I had seen. Anyone else get experience with this release yet?
  11. Scooby45

DIY: Sewing Headcovers

I’ve been attending a sewing class as the “assistant“ to my daughter. After the first class, decided to try my hand at working on my skills to build my own headcovers. I’ll update this thread as I refine my skills. This evening was a quick stab at a hybrid headcover. Took an existing cover to...
  12. Scooby45

WTB Cobra King Tec Hybrid Weights

Looking for a 10 and 14 if you have one laying around
  13. Scooby45

What is your proximity inside 100 yards?

What is your proximity inside 100 yards? When looking at my shotscope data I am at 42' for 50-100 yards but it tightens up to 24' from 25-50 yards. That feels like a pretty big gap but maybe not? How does your proximity look in that range? What do you do to work on it?
  14. Scooby45

Wedge Shafts: Where does it most matter?

Do you think the shaft in your wedge matters more for shots outside 30-40 yards or inside that distance? Or would you argue the break point is somewhere else?
  15. Scooby45

Let’s Play Suggest a Shaft

Maybe a crazy idea and flames out, but thought it could be fun to start a thread where you mention a few shafts you’ve enjoyed, gotten along with, etc. and then maybe others could offer suggestions on something to try. For example, if someone posts they have enjoyed shaft A and B, and I’ve...
  16. Scooby45

Which wedges would you choose?

Say one set of wedges provided you with 2 strokes gained on short game and 0 strokes gained on approach play between 50-100 yards. Say the other set of wedges provided you with 2 strokes gained on approach play between 50-100 yards and 0 strokes gained on short game. Which set do you choose...
  17. Scooby45

The No Freakin Way Chili Challenge

Could you do it? https://blueashchili.com/no-freakin-way-challenge/
  18. Scooby45

Build your bag from the new releases

With a bunch of new releases hitting, what bag would you build with everything that dropped this month? And for you lucky experience goers with (or will be getting) a full bag a gear, live a little and build a second bag with different stuff.
  19. Scooby45

How much of your handicap index would you give up to play “aspirational” clubs?

Maybe for you it’s a sleek muscle back or maybe it’s a SGI cannon. Maybe it’s a 440 cc low spin monster or a set of custom, high end forgings. Maybe it’s even that thin, sexy, lightweight blade putter. A club or clubs that I’m calling aspirational for this thought exercise. I’m guessing there...
Back