Search results for query: *

1. F

Post A Golf Photo

. My favorite hole at my old "home course." Played here for 60 years (worked here for 20 as well!). A tight par 4 dogleg left over a creek up near the green. Sometimes I beat it....sometimes it beats me!!
  2. F

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

I tee it up EVERY chance I get.....I think it was Arnie I saw giving that advice in a video once. It makes sense to me. A good buddy of mine go back and forth about this (kiddingly, of course) b/c he always places his ball in a good lie on the grass on par 3's. If I remind him of Arnie's...
  3. F

Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

I walk most of the time, unless the course requires it....I rode twice when we were in Florida (required); since I got home, I think I've waked 7 straight rounds. It's one of the best exercises you can get, and at age 78, I've been walking the course for about 65 years, with the assistance of a...
  4. F

What did you shoot today?

I shot 41-38-79 today at Riverby Hills in Bowling Green, OH this morning. A little breezy, but a good day to play otherwise. Riverby is a little hillier than most of the courses around here, so part of the challenge is walking and pushing the cart up and down those hills. Chipped in for a...
  5. F

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I'm 78, and last year I shot my age or better about 20 times (senior tees, of course!). As another poster mentioned, I've realized that I have to work on my chipping and putting in order to score. Finally, I STILL need to learn that I MUST invest in my body by exercising more, instead of...
  6. F

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

Yes.....they were in their line about 4-5 years ago, before they came out with the TS-series. As soon as they started offering the TS lines, they dropped the PTM's. Here's a picture of the model I have with the satin finish. I'm looking for the black DBM finish......
  7. F

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

This thread has be dormant for a while.....But some time back I posted that I got ahold of a set of Maltby PTM irons, shafted them up and love them! These are the satin finish. Now I'm in the market for a set of the BLACK PTM's. I think Popeye reviewed them several pages back. If anybody...
  8. F

The 60 and over Thread

At age 78 I've simply decided to forget my hybrids (which I've never had much luck with!) and build a #11 wood. I intend for it to be my 150 club....it seems like the last few years, I struggle at the beginning of the season to figure out which club will be my 150....then the rest of my irons...
  9. F

What are you building? (Club style)

At age 78 I've simply decided to forget my hybrids (which I've never had much luck with!) and build a #11 wood. I intend for it to be my 150 club....it seems like the last few years, I struggle at the beginning of the season to figure out which club will be my 150....then the rest of my irons...
  10. F

Are You A Course Planner?

Our travel group plays about 7 or 8 courses two or three times each per year, so even though you get to "know" the courses, you don't know them like your home course that you've played hundreds of times. So, I go to Google Maps, look up the course, switch to "satellite" setting, zoom in to...
  11. F

Do You Use a Scorecard Holder?

I always walk, so I just use the elastic band on my Clicgear 3.0 cart to hold my scorecard and pencil.
  12. F

I shot 39-40-79 today at historic old Ottawa Park GC in Toledo, Ohio. Nothing to get excited about....the course is short (although we got ZERO roll today!), and it wasn't in very good shape. I haven't been able to touch a club in 2 weeks due to cold, windy weather, and it showed. Hit a lot of...
  13. F

Worth it to go to the driving range in the cold?

For me, it depends on a few factors....... 1. How bad to I need to / want to practice? This time of year, the desire is much greater than in say December or January! 2. Is there a HEATED range available? We have a couple in our area, so if it's 40, a heated range isn't bad....sometimes you...
  14. F

2024 Masters limited edition thread

If you're into the Masters, then you might like these putter covers for sale on Ebay. They have various styles available..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/165662799463?itmmeta=01HS7E47CYH1T1T8JJM75EMA12&hash=item269245b667:g:OdUAA A word of caution......they come direct from China, so I'm not...
  15. F

The 60 and over Thread

I have a spot on my forearm that I have an appointment to have checked....seeing the doc next month. I usually have a few A.K.'s frozen off my face and neck every year or so. Big hats and sun block are part of my "golf wardrobe!"
  16. F

I shot 39-42-81 at White Pines GC in Swanton, Ohio yesterday. Played pretty well on the front, but chipping and putting deserted me on the back. Hit 7 greens; 35 putts; no birdies or doubles. The best thing about my round IMO was that I walked the whole way, and seemed to have plenty left in the...
  17. F

2024 Official Birdie Counter

I've played three rounds (one in FLA, and two at home), and made three birdies. If I could average one birdie each round all season, I'd be ECSTATIC!!!!!
  18. F

How Does Winter Impact Your Game?

The good: I usually lay off from the time we quit playing (usually sometime in November) until the first of the year. I think it's good for me to just forget about golf for a while, watch college and pro football, etc., etc. Then usually in January I start walking at the local park to keep...
  19. F

On course GPS or your own GPS?

I have a hand-held Garmin GPS.....two of them, actually. An old one that runs on rechargeable batteries, the other newer one that has the batteries inside. Both have a stick-on that attaches to the handle of my Clickgear cart. IF I happen to forget to bring it along, I feel like I'm playing...
  20. F

Playing with back pain?

Wow....interesting to learn how many of us suffer from the same problem! I'm 78 and a back sufferer since my early 40's. My problem is a deteriorating disc between L4 and L5. When it gets bad, the muscles are tighter than hell, and golf is difficult, if not impossible. Over the years...
Back