Search results for query: *

1. JW Smoove

The rain hood/cover

The one that comes with your bag. Do you remove it, leave it, only carry it on days where rain is forecast, forget you even have it? I’ve never removed it from the bag other than rare occasion to use it. Otherwise it’s folded away in the garment pocket taking up valuable space.
  2. JW Smoove

In Home Minor (I think) electrical work....

So, I have done a lot of electrical work in my houses over the years, 100% problem free. My (wonderful) wife bought a chandelier for her office (insert eye roll of choice here). I had to put it together - pretty straightforward - 6 arms each with wires that go to a junction of sorts with spring...
  3. JW Smoove

Graphite Shaft users

If you, like me, are a graphite user (for me it's about arthritis mostly), do you also have graphite in your specialty wedges? I do, but I so seldom full swing them I am wondering/rethinking the need for graphite in those clubs (sand/lob for me). If I am finessing or touch with those clubs -...
  4. JW Smoove

Starting to lose my shot ****, cabin fever and weeks or more to go.

So tell me some movies or shows you liked and why. My wife is resuming her work and I’ll not be out of the house much for at least another week to 3-4 weeks. Only request is these are on max, peacock, Amazon, Netflix and if not something we’ll known (example Godfather, goodfellas) what the...
  5. JW Smoove

Rocket Golf USA - another headcover company

I think i bought one from them that commemorated the Washington nationals World Series. Forgot about them after that. If it’s not that, then i have no idea why they sent me an email today. 😶 Seem to be highly other sports associated, Bo, MJ, the kid, Hank. Anyway. More to spend on...
  6. JW Smoove

Give it up for the Staff today!

What a great number of articles/reviews today. I am not a lifer here, but I can't recall so many hitting in one morning since I found this place. Each one has been super - just wanted to thank all the staffers for your hard work getting all these ready for us to consume.
  7. JW Smoove

Pondering at the most wrong time?

So I’m thinking about, because I’m bored, a 2023 paradym 3HL, do these have adjustable hosel (by the way)? And an bed odyssey 3T. Both on preowned site. Trade my rogue 3HL. The the door about $185 The reason I’m not pulling the trigger is mostly wondering how long until i use them, what my...
  8. JW Smoove

Knee Replacement Golfers

It's my turn in exactly 2 weeks and 3.75 hours. Haha. 1PM 31 Jan. FIrst off, for those on the fence, I will try to use this thread to share my misery. Second, those who have had it done, can you offer any thoughts, tips etc? When did you get clearance to resume normal office working...
  9. JW Smoove

Odd (ish) Golf related wishes?

I wish I had all the time (and a ton of cash) to get some lessons from Lee Trevino - I like his demeanor and how he describes things - for some reason when I read a tip of his (and I seem to be getting a lot of them now), they just make sense - it's how he describes them. I have tried 2 of them...
  10. JW Smoove

Orlando - Christmas week?

I think that it may be my last hurrah until May or June of 2024 - so, who lives there and wants to consider a round with a hobbled old guy? We are vacationing/celebrating Christmas there and since it's a full week, my wife has given a strong go ahead to get a round in. Never golfed Orlando...
  11. JW Smoove

So, as the USGA and R&A contemplate making the game harder for the masses...

Why has there been so little (overall) said about the driver - yes, I stole this idea sort of from the Adam Scott comment thread. What I mean, is how can the governing bodies fix the game so that it does not penalize the regular person be they a + or a 24 cap? At least look at other options...
  12. JW Smoove

Jordan 1 Hi-Tops - who wears them for golf?

So, I have a knee replacement coming up, and I have been known to roll my ankle here and there on odd slopes - unclear if from the bad knee, or just being clumsy or old or what, maybe I need remedial walking. But I did have a pair of adidas hi top golf shoes once they were sent back as they...
  13. JW Smoove

Ogio Shadow? Look who’s joining the premium segment

Blue, black, grey, white. They look really nice. Pricey at $380. But I’ll be keeping an eye out for a sale! Anyone seen these in the wild?
  14. JW Smoove

RIP TK Mattingly most of you knew him as Ken

From Apollo 13. I worked with him for 2 years he was not only a good person, but as seen in the movie a genuine American hero. Not only an astronaut also A US Navy Rear Admiral. And a test pilot as well. He circled the moon as command module pilot on Apollo 16 and later flew the space shuttle...
  15. JW Smoove

Senior Tees - what age

I was going to do a poll here, but I am interested in seeing what age people think they are ready to move to the senior tees. Sometimes I want to give it a go, but I still feel that about 6k yards is right. It makes about 4? par 4 or 5 holes difficult to par and maybe 1 or 2 par 3s difficult to...
  16. JW Smoove

Rest in Peace The Capital Punisher, Frank Howard

Heard that he passed away today, I didn't have a lot of sports idols growing up, but he and Mike Epstein were 2 of them. My very first MLB game, a Sunday double header that I ran home from Sunday school to ask Dad to take me to the game, which started a wonderful period of going to ball games...
  17. JW Smoove

CONTEST 2024 Membership contest

I have sent funds to cover someone else's new membership. Rules, post here that you want to be a 2024 AC member, that you were NOT an AC member in 2023, and that you will try to be active on the site. That's it, I will let this run to end of the week (Midnight 31 Oct) and do a random generator...
  18. JW Smoove

Clayton Kershaw…

Toast? Will we see him pitch again? I say done.
  19. JW Smoove

Escargot?

Yes, Snails - prepared the french way? I thought I would never ever have them, went to a french place last night for my younger's birthday. Of course they are on the menu, and she says we need to order so we can all try them. Guess what they are good, no idea what I expected but the taste was...
Back