Search results for query: *

1. Briantime

WTB spare iron set under $200

Decided I should have a second set of clubs for guests to use and wanted to see if anyone had something decent they want to get rid of. I’m not super particular. Don’t want anything I would be ashamed to loan someone 😁. Standard length, lie and regular flex shafts. Got some? Let’s talk! Brian
  2. Briantime

Instructor recommendations near Hilton Head?

Technically I am in Hardeeville and looking for suggestions for an instructor. I am a 20 handicapper and looking for get down a few strokes. I think I am too old to start a whole new swing build so seeking an instructor who is more inclined to maximize what you have than build what you don't if...
  3. Briantime

I’m somewhat befuddled by my driver distance

Ok…, this has been bothering me for a while. Why can I hit a 7 iron 150 but my driver tops out at 210? Shouldn’t I be hitting more like 230? Is there a common swing issue what manifests in the driver? Help!
  4. Briantime

Ben Hogan website is live

Just buzzed through it. For irons they are selling the Icons and PTX Pros. Nothing new as far as I can tell.
  5. Briantime

For Sale Cobra LTDx One Length Hybrid

Excellent shape. Regular flex with hardcover. $85 shipped
  6. Briantime

For Sale Cobra LTDx One Length Irons

Full set of very clean Cobra One Length irons. 5-GW. Graphite, regular flex shafts. $400 shipped.
  7. Briantime

Something about Cleveland wedges is confusing me..,

I have been looking at the RTX and CBX wedges and reading up on them as well as watching YouTube videos. One thing I am seeing is the recommendation to get CBX in the lower wedge lofts and RTX at the higher lofts. This seems backwards to me. High loft wedges are typically harder to hit cleanly...
  8. Briantime

What made you decide it was time for new wedges?

I have been on the lookout for new wedges lately and wondered what exactly drives golfers on their choice to get new wedges. Trying to get more spin? Less spin? Seeking more control? Better turf interaction? It seems like the variables we put on most clubs are magnified when we start to look at...
  9. Briantime

Good way to wash balls at home?

OK....so I fed a great straight line to all of the forum comedians out there, but it is a legit question. At courses I play, it's a rare sight to see ball washers like you used to see at every hole and balls I may pick up here and there lead me to a bunch of dirty golf balls in my bag. Is there...
  10. Briantime

Golf shows? Worth the time?

I got an e-mail today advertising an upcoming golf show in the Chicago area. I have never been to one before and wanted to get some feedback from those who have attended one to see if it is a worthwhile trip to make. Can you get hands on gear? Are there items for sale? Do major manufacturers...
  11. Briantime

What was your first set of irons?

Just dropped off my Spaulding Executives at Goodwill yesterday. My first set of irons. Of course I got them in a stiff shaft because I was a power hitter 😂 $249 for the set which was a week's wages for me at the time. How about you?
  12. Briantime

$200 rangefinder? What's your recommendation?

I got the fever and the only cure is a new rangefinder... Ok, so that joke doesn't work very well here but I'm thinking I want to get a rangefinder. $200 seems like a solid budget to open up a lot of choices so I thought I would reach out to the community to see what suggestions I can get...
  13. Briantime

How do you stay cool under your lid?

Like most everyone I wear a ball cap style hat when I play. The thing I am struggling with is that they make me hot! Even my Under Armour hat can be soaked with sweat by the end of a round on a hot and humid day. Suggestions! Is there a hat that will not make you feel your head is in an...
  14. Briantime

So if your new clubs arrived...

Hours before you leave for a trip that will include golf, do you bring them despite never having hit them? Asking for a friend...;)
  15. Briantime

For Sale Cobra Speedzone One Length Hybrids

Speedzone 3 and 4 hybrid. One length. Very good condition. Sold! https://photos.app.goo.gl/MCXLiA2QWyM3uaBn9
  16. Briantime

For Sale Cobra Speedzone One Length Sand Wedge

Hard to find club. Not sure why. Excellent condition. Sold https://photos.app.goo.gl/YxnyNaEgei6NmTQ76
  17. Briantime

For Sale Cobra Speedzone One Length Iron Set

Selling a full set of irons 5-GW. Only used for about 8 rounds since purchased new. Excellent condition. Sold Questions? Please ask. I also am posting a few other clubs from the same set so let me know if you want to make a package deal.
  18. Briantime

Seeking suggestions for a step up from my old Ping G2's. Forged irons?

I have been gaming my Ping G2's since I got fitted for them at a Ping event in 2003 (I think). Good clubs. I am looking for something newer. Maybe club tech has not improved much in 20 years but I sure hope it has. I bought a set of Hogan PTX Pro irons recently as my attempt to move up but it...
  19. Briantime

For Sale Ben Hogan PTx Pro Irons/4-PW/KBS Tour 90 Stiff/ 1Degree Flat Plus 3 UiHi Iron-Reduced

I have played just one round with these irons I got last month. One. Realized they are too big a jump for me coming off of Ping G2's. Beautiful clubs. Excellent condition. $525 shipped. Questions? I'm happy to answer them for you. - SOLD I am new here but a 100% positive feedback seller over...
  20. Briantime

For Sale Ben Hogan PTx Pro Irons/4-PW/KBS Tour 90 Stiff/ 1Degree Flat

I have played just one round with these irons I got last month. One. Realized they are too big a jump for me coming off of Ping G2's. Beautiful clubs. Excellent condition. $575 shipped. Questions? I'm happy to answer them for you. Forgot to include mention of the UiHi 3 iron that is included...
Back