Search results for query: *

1. DaveGolfer15

Just Curious What You Would Do (Return Clubs For Newer)

Well let me satisfy your curiosity… no.
  2. DaveGolfer15

Omg, the amount of hate that you give Wilson and I get an eye roll when I say Titleist irons are better…
  3. DaveGolfer15

I don’t want to influence you too much but I believe it would be fair to say that Titleist irons have a much better reputation than Wilson. The AP2’s are excellent golf clubs.
  4. DaveGolfer15

If the question is Titleist irons or Wilson irons, the answer is Titleist.
  5. DaveGolfer15

Tour Players You Wish to Fail?

I think one would have to have a pretty odd and troubled personality to actively root for people they don’t even know to “fail” ☹️.
  6. DaveGolfer15

Ugliest Putter Ever Created?

Came here to say this!
  7. DaveGolfer15

Do you remember when you became a golf "sicko" or a part of the "Lunatic Fringe"?

When I started to be really concerned about whether I was playing the best ball for me or not. That’s when the golf analytics started.
  8. DaveGolfer15

Equipment costs

You’re 100% right, I am perhaps underestimating the fluctuations in profit margins due to overhead costs - I’m not in the manufacturing game. But I am in the statistics, economics and business game and every single product on this earth has a ceiling price.
  9. DaveGolfer15

Equipment costs

That’s very true but we can assume profit will be comparable over a relatively short period of time presuming there are no extreme market factors influencing things.
  10. DaveGolfer15

Equipment costs

But there is ALWAYS a ceiling. So today a super car is a million dollars. If next year, it was priced at a billion dollars, nobody would buy it. I appreciate that’s an extreme and absurd extrapolation but as a thought experiment, it demonstrates something very important. The ceiling price of a...
  11. DaveGolfer15

If driver adjustability works, why do we need multiple models in new driver release cycles?

Very true and I’ll be honest I forgot about those models. However, the R9 and R9 460 were different head sizes with all the same adjustability? Head size is something that can’t be changed with adjustability so that makes sense to have 2 models? And the Supertri was released the following year...
  12. DaveGolfer15

Equipment costs

You wouldn’t but some would - that’s the exact economic reason why luxury price elastic products have a relative ceiling price. Let’s say an OEM charges $600 this year for a driver and next year ups it to $6,000. It’s 10 times more expensive so that’s 10 times the revenue and profit. IF, that...
  13. DaveGolfer15

If driver adjustability works, why do we need multiple models in new driver release cycles?

NOTE: This is a genuine question - I’m not being facetious or cynical… Most OEMs release a few driver models each release cycle with different golfers in mind… for example: a low spinning model, a forgiving/draw bias model and a “standard” model. Why is this necessary if driver head...
  14. DaveGolfer15

Equipment costs

There must be a top? Would you pay $5k for a driver?
  15. DaveGolfer15

Equipment costs

There’s no nominal top because of inflation. But ultimately golf clubs are a luxury item and a price elastic product for most people. I doubt it’ll go too much further in relative terms.
  16. DaveGolfer15

Facial hair

Damn, ‘moustachioed’ is a brilliant word!
  17. DaveGolfer15

Push cart for your team or not?

I proudly carried my golf bag as a younger player. Often played 45 holes a day in the summer, racking up hundreds of rounds per year. Now I need monthly physio for back and neck issues. Now at 33 years old, I proudly use an electric trolley. If you don’t take your physical health and fitness...
  18. DaveGolfer15

Guaranteed Money

Hahaha. Absolutely brilliant first post! Welcome to THP. I’ll give it an hour 🤣.
  19. DaveGolfer15

Guaranteed Money

Sports is business. (Before LIV) nobody in golf was “overpaid” - the people paying them do so in an attempt to receive a return on their investment. It’s a business decision, nothing more or less…
Back