Search results for query: *

1. DaveGolfer15

If driver adjustability works, why do we need multiple models in new driver release cycles?

NOTE: This is a genuine question - I’m not being facetious or cynical… Most OEMs release a few driver models each release cycle with different golfers in mind… for example: a low spinning model, a forgiving/draw bias model and a “standard” model. Why is this necessary if driver head...
  2. DaveGolfer15

LIV Team Sponsorships

It’s been well documented at this point that LIV’s intention is to attract sponsors for the various teams. My question is, can you see this idea working out and, if so, what kind of companies can you see taking the plunge and sponsoring one of the LIV golf teams? Will one/some of the golf...
  3. DaveGolfer15

How Many Wedges?

How many wedges do you carry and why? 😊
  4. DaveGolfer15

YES! Putter Spec Help

Hi guys. I was wondering if someone could help me with something… I plan to reshaft the putter in the link below (a YES! Carolyne c-groove) and I can’t find what shaft size it is… it’s an old putter and I’m struggling to find the spec to know what I’ll need. I’m talking about the size of where...
  5. DaveGolfer15

Golf Club Reselling/Second Hand Market

Which brands do you feel hold some decent resale value and which seem to do poorly on the second hand market?
  6. DaveGolfer15

Tour Players Using Non-Contracted Equipment…

I find the equipment that tour players use when they’re not paid to use it so much more interesting than the equipment they’re paid to use. Anyone else feel like this? Thoughts?
  7. DaveGolfer15

Rory McIlroy’s Wedges

Noticed Vokey wedges in the bag of TM staffer Rory Mcilroy when he won over the weekend. Can TM not make a wedge good enough for him??
  8. DaveGolfer15

Golf Dreams

I regularly dream about golf - some good, some bad. Last night it was definitely bad - every time I hit an iron the shaft snapped 🤣🤣. Anyone else dream about golf??
  9. DaveGolfer15

Paint Stripped Irons?

Custom paint jobs on irons are widely used, but has anyone ever stripped the paint off a set of irons (works best with forged blades)? Ever seen anyone with paint stripped irons? Example image below (not my image). Thoughts?
  10. DaveGolfer15

Do you miss Nike golf clubs?

Question is in the title. Why or why not? 😊
  11. DaveGolfer15

Why January Equipment Launches?

Why do manufacturers launch new gear in January? Just after Christmas when a lot of people are a bit lower on the $$. Also a time of the year where a lot of golfers in the northern hemisphere are playing a lot less because of the weather. Wouldn’t it be better to launch in March time ahead of...
  12. DaveGolfer15

Best Tour Ball Striking You’ve Seen In Person

It’s in the title - what’s the best ball striking you’ve seen in person? For me it’s a bit of a random one - David Duval. Of all the big names I’ve seen hit a ball, the sound that Duval’s iron ball striking made has stayed with me for many years. 😊
  13. DaveGolfer15

Grand Slam Prospects

Obviously no player has ever won all 4 major championships in the same season. Is it more or less likely to happen now than it has been in the past? The same as it’s always been? Why?
  14. DaveGolfer15

Most holes of golf you’ve played in a day?

Question in the title. I regularly played 45 holes a day in the summer when I was a junior. Occasionally play 36 in a day now but it’s very rare and I feel it!! There’s a charity event held across the UK every year on the longest day - 72 holes in a day. I’d love to take part but not sure id...
  15. DaveGolfer15

Tour Players Using Old Equipment

Does anyone have any insight on how much pressure sponsored tour players come under from OEM’s to switch to new equipment? I guess it depends on the player and company and circumstances… What if Tiger insisted on gaming SIM1? Problem for Taylormade?
  16. DaveGolfer15

Hypothetical: Who would you choose…

To win you $1m, which pro golfer would you choose to: 1. Sink a 6 footer. 2. Hit the green from 200 yards out (from the fairway). 3. Get up and down from a green side bunker. 😊
  17. DaveGolfer15

Spin Perceptions

New/high handicap golfers are impressed by spinny shots that zip back when they hit the green. Experienced/low handicap/pro golfers are much more impressed by an ability to take spin off a ball. Agree?
  18. DaveGolfer15

Teaching a (near) beginner junior to hit draws/fades?!

So I was on the range at my club this weekend and the pro (who I don’t know at all, he’s just recently started at the club) was giving a lesson to a kid (8-ish). The content for the lesson? Hitting draws and fades. The poor kid could barely get the ball off the ground and the pro thinks it’s...
  19. DaveGolfer15

Finding a club on the course etiquette?

When you find a club on the course, what’s your course of action to get it back to its owner?
  20. DaveGolfer15

Asking a fellow golfer if you can have a hit of one of their clubs?

*Should read “hit” in the title 🤣. Is it ever ok to ask one of your fellow golfers if you can have a go of one of their clubs?
Back