Search results for query: *

1. DougE

Different Shaft Flex between your irons and your woods/hybrids

I play all Graphite Design Tour AD stiff flex shafts in my 4 utility iron (U500), TSi3 20* hybrid, TSi2 3W and TSi3 driver, but am comfortable with Reg flex in my irons. I should note that I play Aerotech Steelfiber i95s, which seem to be stiffer than most average R flexes. My swing speed is on...
  2. DougE

CONTEST Win Your Choice of Graphite Design

Being a senior with a 95-96ish mph driver swing speed, the 5S works well for me. I use the AD-DI 6S in my FW. As I mentioned, both feel awesome. I also put a GD Tour AD-UT in my driving iron with excellent results. Have been very impressed with the whole GD line.
  3. DougE

CONTEST Win Your Choice of Graphite Design

Love that IZ shaft. Use it in my TSi3 driver. GD Tour AD-DI in my FW as well. Not sure which of the two I like more. Both are awesome shafts and the best I have ever played.
  4. DougE

Do you tape/wrap your fingers at all?

Yes, but not so much due to golf overload as much as cracks and splits in my fingers from lack of moisture. Golf only exacerbates it. Always been a problem for me. It's terrible in the dry, cold winters. I go through easily over a hundred of dollars in bandaids, self stick medical tape, medical...
  5. DougE

Who wants a Caddie?

I have often daydreamed about this. I would love to have my own "personal" caddie to help me with every round I play...competitive, casual or practice. Someone who knows the game inside and out and is capable of shooting par, or under, himself. Actually, an accomplished PGA teaching pro might be...
  6. DougE

How Many Pairs of Golf Shoes are in Your Rotation?

Typically about 8 in the present rotation, but many more in great condition sitting in garage, which have been benched due to being bumped by newer styles. All pairs, new and past, are Footjoy models.
  7. DougE

How Often Do You Play 18?

Over the last 10 years or so, I've typically played 18 holes between 150 and 200 times a year. However, a few of those years I spent weeks to months on the DL, so those years it was slightly less. Still, though, it was over 125 every year since at least 2010. This year, I expect to chalk up...
  8. DougE

What are you scared of?

Extreme downhill lies.
  9. DougE

THPers - what is your profession?

Since semi-retirement 6 years ago: Freelance writer/copywriter Also, work on the management team for a high-end golf course, in the pro shop. Previously: Creative Director at Advertising, Design and Corporate Communications agencies for over 30 years
  10. DougE

Golf cart rules

I work in a pro shop at a high-end public course. I am also a member at a different top-shelf public course. I have played the game for decades. There is no real blanket answer for these questions. Different areas have different standards. Some courses frown on walkers. Many courses have the...
  11. DougE

What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done - playing golf..?

Playing a new-to-me course for the first time, hooked my drive into trees. Found the ball. Saw a clear (albeit very small) opening under, then over some branches, to the green about 180 yards away. So, figured I'd give it a shot. Hit it perfectly, under the first branch and over the next one...
  12. DougE

Arranging clubs in thebag

3H/3W/Dr 4i/5i/6i/7i GW/PW/9i/8i 54/P/58
  13. DougE

How Often Do You Regrip?

Wedges and driver, multiple times a year (3-4). Most other clubs once or twice a year. (I play or practice nearly every single day of the year, so they all wear quickly.) I also wash my grips every week or two, in addition to cleaning the heads after every round or practice session. It's all...
  14. DougE

How many different brands in your bag?

Only one, and it's been that way for over 12 years. I have a very good relationship with Titleist, on many different levels, so have no reason or desire to look elsewhere.
  15. DougE

Titleist TSi Hybrids

Since this thread just resurfaced, I'll add another 2 cents, to the two cents I added last March ('21). Been playing the TSi3 20* hybrid now for about a year. Loved it from the start. It is money from most reasonable lies out of rough and I hit it mostly straight from the fairway too. Off the...
  16. DougE

Losing rangefinders

I work in a pro shop. At this moment, we have at least a half-dozen rangefinders in our lost-and-found bin, all turned in over the last couple months. Maybe one is yours!;)
  17. DougE

Your Tour Pro Interactions

Tiger's caddie, Joe Lacava is an acquaintance of mine. We aren't friends, per se, but I have played golf with him on a number of occasions at my old golf club in Connecticut, one town over from where he lives. He brought us a signed pin flag from one of the Dubai tourneys, which Tiger signed...
Back