Search results for query: *

1. GpaGolf17

Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

These showed up over the weekend and my Forged TEC Copper experience has come to a close. The added distance was nice, but not at the cost of control and spin. I’m aware that this could be purely an individual thing, or shaft thing. The TEC’s came just as advertised and I enjoyed them. The MiM...
  2. GpaGolf17

Anyone have an insider at Cobra? They have no shafts! The gap in the supply chain is scary, even saw Golf Pride’s entire website is basically on backorder…. UNCLE!
  3. GpaGolf17

Thanks again! Man that top line is very pleasing. It’s my only knock on the KFT that bulky, squared off top line….
  4. GpaGolf17

Much appreciated 🤙🏼
  5. GpaGolf17

I’ve found a few similar pics to compare individually, but hard to get a real read without them in hand side by side, same pic.
  6. GpaGolf17

Does anyone have the Forged TEC and Tour MiM to compare side by side? Really looking for a photo of 6 or 8 iron side by side top line view. I know Cobras site has the 7i “glam’d up” photo, just wanted something real…
  7. GpaGolf17

New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Not sure how many of the guys (or gals) are still paying attention to this conversation, but I’m curious as to how some of the faster swingers get along with them? Myself being a plotter, I haven’t seen huge variances on distance regularly. I have seen a few where maybe I was confident and went...
  8. GpaGolf17

The heavier setup has been great, it’s amazing how “smooth” you can be with these irons. You do not have to give them anything extra under any circumstances, just let the club fall into the ball, and watch them fly! Still getting used to the overall size and top line of these clubs, as I too...
  9. GpaGolf17

Probably victim to the wrong shaft for your particular move, seems these especially need to be fit, and in the grass “real life” fit. Good luck with the Srizzy’s
  10. GpaGolf17

Really liked the idea of mine with graphite but realized the TGI 80g were just too light overall for even my transition. The clubs had a sort of “dead” feeling to them and I just wasn’t getting the crisp contact nor sound I desired and felt was deserved. Moved them and replaced with the same...
  11. GpaGolf17

About 6 rounds in, should anyone be curious if wear. I think they’re going to look good beat up a bit.
  12. GpaGolf17

VL here, no issues with gapping or the wedges yet. I’ll agree that the GW needs a committed firm move put on it, and I have better luck crowding the ball a bit. Maybe it likes somewhat of a steeper attack? I also went 3° flat with the GW, 2° flat with the rest of the set.
  13. GpaGolf17

I surprisingly took it a step further and now have the 3 iron in the bag. After a lot of on course side by side (and situational) testing, I have much tighter distance gapping with the 3i and 4i versus the Srixon Zu85 3 and 4 utility irons, as well as a 3 hybrid. I have always hit irons far...
  14. GpaGolf17

Also, as for distance I am definitely a full club and a half longer throughout the bag. I know this has a lot to do with the loft, but my blades are lofted 1° strong so this may not be a massive a difference for me as it is for many. This helps me as I need more options at the top of the bag vs...
  15. GpaGolf17

First time out was great, no range time as I’m not a big range mat guy, proper warmups won’t happen until the grass tees open again. I agree with everyone’s comments in here, very soft feel at impact, very high penetrating flight, great spin for the flight, 4i was even stopping within a foot or...
  16. GpaGolf17

Headed out for the maiden voyage!
  17. GpaGolf17

Thanks for the replies, I have the Zu85 3 and 4 utility irons (20° and 23°). The TEC 4i is 21° and the 3i “would” be 19° should I pick one up. Tomorrows on course testing of the Zu85’s and TEC 4i should be very interesting from a loft, distance, and flight characteristic standpoint. Just when...
  18. GpaGolf17

Haha, for sure. I’ll get them out in the grass over the next few days and answer my own Q, sort the top of the bag out. More pics to come once the wedges and putter are all filled in and cured. Pulled all the paint fill today so they’ll be filled in and ready tomorrow 👍🏼
  19. GpaGolf17

So now another question for the boys. I hadn’t planned on getting the 4i as I have been using the ZU85 3 and 4 utility irons. However, this 4i is incredibly easy to hit, I’d say it feels even better/easier than the Srixon (which is a very bold statement I know). Now I have to order the Copper 3i...
  20. GpaGolf17

I couldn’t agree more. Some of the photos out there made them look really washed, or a boring brass yellow, did them no justice at all.
Back