Search results for query: *

1. TheHeez

Random pairing conversations

I think I said something dumb like “I hear it’s a growth industry”, thinking he was joking. He looked at me like I was high, when in fact it was he who had been enjoying the Hawaiian barbecue.
  2. TheHeez

Random pairing conversations

The hallmark question of the person who took up golf in the last year, broke 100 and wants to measure Ds. I give it the ol’ “I just try to break 100 and have fun”. You know they are asking your score at the end and get super dejected when you beat your “goal” by 15-20 strokes. Funniest convo I...
  3. TheHeez

Brand Talk: What comes to mind when you think of PING?

I think of Turbulators and how they completely turn me off wanting to hit the clubs. Bring back the i20 without all the nonsense on the top. In the last year I think about how much I love my 430 hybrid. Truly one of the best clubs I’ve ever hit.
  4. TheHeez

What do you want from a 3w?

I want it to be point and shoot, whether that be from the tee or fairway. I mostly use it off the tee where driver runs through a dogleg or can put you into a hazard. Other times it’s just an advance as far up a Par 5 as possible, I rarely try to fly it onto a green. Been playing a slightly...
  5. TheHeez

An unspoken golf rule that needs to change tomorrow: "Hole-In-One golfer having to buy everyone else drinks!"

I think about this during our club events, it’s a very busy bar and restaurant. Always figure I’d go to the bartender, tell them my $ amount and ask that they try to only serve other tourney players. I wish they would implement an insurance fund. Just seems like a no brainer for the course and...
  6. TheHeez

Indoor Rowing

I’ve been back at it the last couple months. Been doing 700m x 7 the last few workouts with a 2.5 minute rest. Probably time to go for a few more intervals, I know they are in there.
  7. TheHeez

How much would you pay for green fees on vacation?

I think $200-300. Although I have Kingsbarns in Scotland scheduled in July and that is over $500. If I can get onto the Old Course, that will be two $500ers in short order. You only live once I guess.
  8. TheHeez

Old Course Singles Daily Draw replaces queuing all night

That was our plan, fortunately it’s my BIL and I and he is definitely more motivated than I. He wants it bad. Planning to hit the ballot for every day in country, except Saturday at the Open.
  9. TheHeez

Old Course Singles Daily Draw replaces queuing all night

Definitely a love/hate with this new process. I love that I don’t have to pack my camp sleeping bag and pad, but I hate that the prospect of camping out for a chance to play the Old is gone. While I’d love to play it, my trip will not be ruined if I don’t. Happy to be spending 6 days in the...
  10. TheHeez

Playing with back pain?

I write this mid dead lift set…I agree with blu here. I sit all day long at work and my hips and back kill me all the time and especially on the course. The combination of the occasional Chiro appointment, strength in the gym and stretching and I’m am much better. It’s helped in all facets of...
  11. TheHeez

Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Putters

I sure wish that #7 came in a 35” like the original Tank Cruiser. I’m still gaming the OG but added the new 17” grip and it’s still my absolute favorite. I’ve always joked that nothing could ever get me to switch putters, but with the right length I would definitely like to try the AI version.
  12. TheHeez

Travel Noob Recommendations

I’ve got a soft sided bag and was thinking about using Ship Sticks for my trip to Scotland. Looking at those SKB cases, think I’d rather have that forever and just check it for the flight. Looks like a solid option. Thanks for the heads up!!
  13. TheHeez

Bandon Dunes

Always fun to check in on the webcams on a week like this one. Nonstop golfers heading out in torrential downpours while it’s blowing 30. Bandon in the winter and shoulder season can be a tough place, but people still go out and get it...
  14. TheHeez

Classic NES: Which Are You Playing?

If it was Tecmo Super Bowl me, Christian Okoye and the Chiefs would run roughshod. Probably go with OG Super Mario. I still have my original NES I bought when I was 6. Never gets old.
  15. TheHeez

We met Keith and Evan from HGTV's "Bargain Block!"

That’s very cool! Those type folks always tend to be very down to earth. Two of my long time friends have worked in that entertainment space for years and last year they finally got in front of the camera on an HGTV show. Sadly it doesn’t look like the show is getting picked up further, but...
  16. TheHeez

Traveling with clubs to Cabo Mexico.

I took my clubs for the two rounds. It was a non-stop from LAX, so it’s kinda hard to mess that up. Worth it having my wrenches on those fun courses.
  17. TheHeez

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Looks like the Anthony Kim rumor mill is getting revved up this morning. Sources saying he will be a wildcard in Jeddah next week.
  18. TheHeez

What did you shoot today?

Played a 2 man best ball qualifier. Top two net teams make it to the next stage which becomes a club fourball. My buddy and I ham n egged it pretty good, ended up T2 net and 4th gross. Fortunately we won the tie break conditions and will be part of the fourball team in April. My buddy carried a...
  19. TheHeez

Hanging It Up

My area sees a lot of traffic, nothing like the Phoenix area but we are busy year round. That being said I can still walk on most courses after 2p and play a mid week twilight round for less than $30. Obviously that doesn’t work for everyone, but I gotta think there are opportunities out there...
  20. TheHeez

Sand Valley Golf Resort - Wisconsin's newest destination

Booked for an extended Memorial Weekend in 2025. Gonna play em all and the Sandbox a couple times. Really can’t wait, after last year’s trip to Bandon experiencing SV is high on the list. 12 CA ruffians heading to Wisconsin, can’t wait!!
Back