Search results for query: *

1. JohnEB

FS: upro MX accessories (battery, cable, wall adapter, belt clip)

These are genuine Callaway accessories, that I still have after returning my upro MX. They are lightly used and in "like new" condition. The cable is the upro MX cable with the extra-long mini-usb plug. List price for each item is $18-$20 ($76 for all four). I am asking $8 for each item, or...
  2. JohnEB

Performance Shirts that don't snag or fray, for walkers who carry their bags

What materials or manufactures make the "toughest" moisture-wicking golf shirts? Let me explain what I mean: I regularly walk the course, and I carry my bag on my shoulders, not on a pull cart. I prefer to wear "performance" shirts (synthetic fibers that wick moisture), because I'm sweat a fair...
  3. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

I've been very pleased with my G6, but I had my first really weird experience today. My friend and I both teed off, and we went up to our balls and I was just a couple yards behind him. I checked my distance, and G6 read 212 yards, which I thought was a bit short, but okay. Then I took two...
  4. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Yes, I have used that, and it has been very reasonable -- around 3 miles per nine holes. What I have noticed, it that if I start looking at the course from, say home, or forget to tell the G6 that my round has ended, it will continue to count the distance traveled while I am driving too/from...
  5. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

During play, my G6 gets a fix within a second or two. If I look at it while walking to the ball, when I stop at the ball it is always within a couple yards instantly, sometimes updates one or two more yards once I stop (e.g., walk to ball, reads 198yds, 1/2 second pause, then steady 200yds)...
  6. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

I'm not a database programmer, but I do like playing around with data. I was able to extract the G6 data by opening the club data files with MS Excel (using default choices for opening the file). There are two entries for each shot -- distance in meters, and time of shot recorded as seconds...
  7. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Linkkingx -- I've only had the G6 for a week, so I don't have all the features figured out. So far, what I've experienced is that the G6 itself keeps an excellent record for each round, but I'm not aware of a web function for downloading. You can view the rounds on a computer when the G6 is...
  8. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Okay, got my Edge 800 screen protectors yesterday and put one on. They match the screen size so well it was a little tedious to put it on -- a little off angle and it touches the edge of the case, and then doesn't seal the edge well. But after a little repositioning (< 5 minutes) it was fine...
  9. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Thanks! I just ordered same myself!
  10. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Are there custom screen protectors for the G6, or did you use a generic screen protector (or one for the G5/G3) and trim it down?
  11. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Got it ! Thanks. It shows the image of the battery with a certain level of "fill." Is there a view that shows the actual %? I get that when I plug into my computer, but is there any other way? (Not a big deal, just curious).
  12. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Just bought my G6 today! Regarding battery -- haven't taken it to the course yet, but I did notice that when I'm plugged into a wall outlet, there is no indication of charging. When connected to my computer USB, G6 does show a battery icon with % of charge. Don't know yet how (or if) you can...
  13. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Thanks for the update! And stay healthy over there!
  14. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Anders73 -- any comments on battery life? More info on that is the one thing I'm waiting for before buying the G6.
  15. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

okay, thanks -- if the G6 turns out to "buggy," the G5 is my next choice.
  16. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

I'm don't think G5 experience addresses G6 life, since G5 is replaceable batteries, G6 is built-in. I still want a few more positive reviews of G6 battery life.
  17. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

AWESOME REVIEW! Thanks -- I'll be getting one soon.
  18. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

Does the G6 have a polarized screen? With the upro mx, you could not see the screen if you were wearing polarized sunglasses. Anyone tried viewing the G6 while wearing polarized glasses?
  19. JohnEB

Garmin Approach G6

This looks really good (I returned my upro mx a couple weeks ago). My biggest concern is battery life -- this says 15 hours, but the mx was supposed to be >10 hours, and we know how that turned out. With the mx, though, I had a spare battery -- not an option with the G6. Looking forward to...
Back