Search results for query: *

1. HuskAir

Need some Charlotte, NC (or nearby) course ideas...

My dad is going to be coming to visit me in Charlotte this June. Fortunately, he's bringing his clubs along. I'm looking for some recommendations of where to take him golfing, to give him a unique southeastern golf experience (he's from Nebraska). I'd prefer to keep green fees around $50 (or...
  2. HuskAir

I feel like I've lost the desire to golf...

I don't know if it's just the lack of time, due to moving and starting a new career, or my last round being one of the ugliest, most discouraging rounds in years for me, or something else... but I haven't hit a golf ball in over a month and a half (North Carolina Tour Van Stop) :sarcastic...
  3. HuskAir

Cox Classic Omaha

Today was day one of the Cox Classic at Champions Run CC in Omaha. I scored some tournament passes and will be spending much of the weekend outside, baking in the sun, representing in my THP AC hat. ;-). Hope to see some more out there. It's fun watching these guys golf, but it kills me that I...
  4. HuskAir

Challenges of Getting to Mars. Curiosity's Seven Minutes of Terror

I searched and could not find a topic on this... Anyways, watch the news on August 5th/6th to see if this works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_Af_o9Q9s The things NASA thinks of and can do are amazing.
  5. HuskAir

Moving to North Carolina

I just accepted a job, requiring me to move from Omaha, NE to Charlotte, NC. My wife and I are extremely excited, but also very nervous, with this move being so far from where we were both born. If any other Charlotte and/or North Carolina residents have any general recommendations for golf...
  6. HuskAir

Shanking Iron Shots

First off, I did NOT have this issue last year, and I cannot figure out what has changed. Anyways, I am really racking up my scores with extra iron shots, due to complete shanks with my irons (and even wedges). I'm not sure if it's my grip, stance, upper body, or what. I might try to get...
  7. HuskAir

The Hunger Games

Who is excited for the movie, coming out this Friday? I read the first book last week, and am about to start the second. Can't wait for the movie, myself... the actors they cast for the characters are perfect, IMHO.
  8. HuskAir

Win a set of Ping irons from Golf Galaxy.

You simply need to click the link below...make sure you like their facebook page, and use the Sweepstakes tab on the left. https://www.facebook.com/golfgalaxy?sk=app_143103275748075 Good luck all! Hope a THP'er wins!
  9. HuskAir

THP Mobile Website?

Did a few searches with no luck. Is there a mobile-compatible version of these forums out there? :act-up: Thanks in advance.
  10. HuskAir

An Anniversary Gift From My Wife Has Arrived!

Not bad for a second anniversary gift. I've got a keeper! :alien2::banana::blob::clapp: TM-880 Maranello from TaylorMade :) With the Vision Golf ball! :)
  11. HuskAir

FS: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth 2 - 35" (Used)

I am selling my Sabertooth 2. It is in very good condition. There is a slight green stain/discoloration (See the photo) on the white face. That was there prior to me purchasing the club used, back in March. Standard Odyssey Grip/shaft. The original magnetic White Ice head cover will be...
  12. HuskAir

Run-ins With Wildlife On the Golf Course?

So last week I walked 9 holes, here at a local city course in Omaha. I reached hole 8, and slapped another drive down the middle of the fairway on the dogleg right par 5 (I love this driver). I waited probably 5 minutes for the group in front of me to continue, before taking my second shot. I...
  13. HuskAir

Your Influences That Helped You Become a Fan of the Game?

At a very young age (I'm currently 25 and married), my dad started taking me out to par 3's with just a 7-iron and a putter. He would let me ride around with him on the "big" courses during his work outings and tournaments. Although he was never the greatest golfer in the world, he taught me...
  14. HuskAir

Aloha from Omaha, NE!

I should have searched for the check-in desk before I got to posting... I ran across this site about 12 hours ago, by accident when searching for a review on a particular club. I completely became engulfed in the different chatter on the forums and almost forgot what I was researching! I'm 25...
Back